Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Triple check which files you're modifying for the snow pines--I kept on being convinced that I had followed the guide and on the third time of very closely checking the actual file names I had a face palm moment and fixed them correctly.  I suspect that may be the same situation you're in with your snow pines because I had the exact same dilemma after (thinking) I'd followed the special instructions in the guide correctly.  It's easy to hit the wrong mesh there.

@ baubledorst: your timing is perfect, I'm going through my build and eliminating old files from Techangel's guide & my own additions moving more toward Lexy's vision, "Trees Flora and Grass" are on today's docket. I'll be extra careful with the special instructions for Vurts.

Are there any videos and screenshots showing Lexy's build in action?

Yes over on the Discord Channel.  Here is a you tube video of some of it

I messed up my plug in order updating everthing this morning. Can I use Lexy's  Modwatch order to manually reorder the plugins?

Yes, you can, but bear in mind she is testing other mods, so some she has you will not need.

Edited by Kneph13

Ron hiler is still doing his Lets Play https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaHO2M49jtr1kVAY1pOwe1SFKBIFei4zE bare in mind this is and much older version of the LE guide but should give you a rough idea.

I beleive someone is doing a Let play of the SE guide but can't remember.

I forgot about Hiler's.  That is a good one (Too Much Gopher and Major Slack for me)

wow someone has done videos of how to install the guide https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLVYcme1N7sX_Wobgd_QA6ares-UBfwiW

Yes, I think there is a post on Discord from the guy, saying this is for you Lexy!  Forgot who it was though.

Triple check which files you're modifying for the snow pines--I kept on being convinced that I had followed the guide and on the third time of very closely checking the actual file names I had a face palm moment and fixed them correctly.  I suspect that may be the same situation you're in with your snow pines because I had the exact same dilemma after (thinking) I'd followed the special instructions in the guide correctly.  It's easy to hit the wrong mesh there.

Thanks.  I reinstalled SFO and realized I don't change pinetreesnow03 and 04 to snowl03 and snowl04 but that they already exist.  I must have hit snow03 the first time and stopped looking, assuming that I needed to change the file names.  I fixed that and everything seems great now.

A subtle but fun mod: Player Size Adjuster and Fist Person Camera Height Fix SSE

Translates height discrepancies by race / etc. into the first person camera and has an adjustable MCM menu if you'd like to adjust exactly how tall your character is.  The MCM menu also has options to make werewolf and vampire lord forms scale based on your character's height, rather than the defaults for those forms--just overall a neat little mod for seeing how short / tall you are as a Breton or Nord, etc.  It can even influence jump height / stride length / speed and all that jazz if you'd like the whole kit and kaboodle.

Edited by Baubledorst

Couple of random consistency / tweaking / patching questions:

-Where do other folks land on the various merges and consistency patches in regards to NPCs and followers having a max level set to 0 vs. a max level raised higher than the Unofficial Patch?  I'm just tidying up in SSEEdit and e.g. different components of the guide keep going back and forth on Lydia, etc.

-Presumably you don't want to re-merge / re-build armor and weapon mods mid-playthrough to add additions, as that will potentially juggle / jostle the record IDs and make a bunch of gear disappear, right?

-I really like Immersive College of Winterhold; it is also incidentally the biggest source of conflicts in SSEEdit at the moment over files disputing lighting, perks for NPCs, facegen data, the works.  What should ultimately win out in these scenarios?

-Just for my own knowledge, I relatively often run into minor edits that seem to set aggro on various NPCs either to 0 or into the hundreds, or change a faction from 0 to -1 etc.  Are these wild edits?  Are they something that should be paid attention to?

Edited by Baubledorst

It would be very kind to update your MODWATCH load order every times you make changes to the guide to be consistent with the date of the changelog, so we can track changes in load order and know the actual load order you're using and working with, as I can't really rely on LOOT, as I previously said (that generate cycle redondancy)...  This is a suggestion that will be very helpful to (at least) me! 

If there's no need to change the load order, it would then be helpful if mentioned in the last line of the CHANGELOG where you said what we have to regenerate like FNIS, etc..(and would be less work for you too!)

I know it's a lot of work but it will be very appreciated and helpful!! Thank you so much for your hard work again because it's a great guide and that's why it matters to me!

It would be very kind to update your MODWATCH load order every times you make changes to the guide to be consistent with the date of the changelog, so we can track changes in load order and know the actual load order you're using and working with, as I can't really rely on LOOT, as I previously said (that generate cycle redondancy)...  This is a suggestion that will be very helpful to (at least) me! 

If there's no need to change the load order, it would then be helpful if mentioned in the last line of the CHANGELOG where you said what we have to regenerate like FNIS, etc..(and would be less work for you too!)

I know it's a lot of work but it will be very appreciated and helpful!! Thank you so much for your hard work again because it's a great guide and that's why it matters to me!

I always Run LOOT automatically anytime I install an esp so it might change and I don't notice easier just to always run it.

I don't always have enough time to do an update to the ModWat.ch profile on same day cos it means going through the Finishing line again and that as you know take a while. I will update as soon as I can cos I know it made a bit of cockup last time.

I am awed by your guide Lexy - just saying. Even if I wouldnt set out to do it all, there is so much there that is a solid foundation for building my own game.

I keep going back and forth in my mind between SE and LE. I can't decide which to use for my next play.

I notice from your guide that many of the mods on Nexus SE are poorly ported LE mods and have to be fixed up or niffed to be used safely.

Some of them are mods I would consider essential eg Immersive Armors.

Also MO2 and Vortex are still works in progress.

All in all I find myself wondering, is it still too soon for me to move to SE?

Are my concerns justified?

Would I be better to stick with LE for now?

Just to say what I want to do this time out; although I've played several hundred hours of Skyrim over the years I've never completed the main quest or any of the other main questlines.

I know - what the hell was I doing? Well strangely in Skyrim I never needed anyone telling me what to do and I've always played Skyrim DID; so I've started over many times.

But this time I want to do at least the main quest and maybe some others.

My main aim is to build a stable game that is basically an improved vanilla game.

The main improvements being QoL and gameplay. I'm less concerned about graphics.

Actually I like the way vanilla SSE looks when I switch off all the special effects (TAA, DoF, GRs etc). I hate what they do to the image - muzzy and fuzzy.

I like Skyrim crisp and clear like an alpine lake.

Anyway I know you're not a therapist - any thoughts welcomed.