Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I'm here to reccommend a mod that I've used in my LE Playthrough of Darth's Guide! (I've added a few additions and other than the odd crash to desktop every 3-4 hours I've had no issues. I've got a timer that reminds me to save every 10 minutes)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/519

Dark Brotherhood for Good Guys. 

It add's new dialogue and books/notes.

As far as I'm aware it is compatible with LOTD but I do recall it needing a Patch from the Compilation of LOTD Patches. (I haven't had any issues.)

I'm not modding my Version of SE yet. I'm gonna wait for some of the mods from LE to be ported over first and then start my modding journey. 

Lexy despite the note on RW2 about Keep it Clean, if you already have RW2 installed and merged, I suppose it won't hurt to leave it that way, as long as Keep it Clean Merged loads after it (and it does)?

Also I suppose since you don't mention it, there's no need to remove Racemenu following the rollback of XP32? I remember it being mentioned that the update had racemenu compatibility included somehow.

Edited by godescalcus

I'm here to reccommend a mod that I've used in my LE Playthrough of Darth's Guide! (I've added a few additions and other than the odd crash to desktop every 3-4 hours I've had no issues. I've got a timer that reminds me to save every 10 minutes)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/519

Dark Brotherhood for Good Guys. 

It add's new dialogue and books/notes.

As far as I'm aware it is compatible with LOTD but I do recall it needing a Patch from the Compilation of LOTD Patches. (I haven't had any issues.)

I'm not modding my Version of SE yet. I'm gonna wait for some of the mods from LE to be ported over first and then start my modding journey. 

If that should make it in then I'd suggest all "for good guys" mods be tested. There are tons, I remember Namira, Molag Bal, Boethiah, Vaermina and even one that changes the Ebony Blade so you don't need to kill friendly NPCs to power the blade. Might go, with all needed patches, into their own optional section?

RP-wise, I don't think a "good guy" character should be doing the DB at all :P

Kneph13 hi! I would respectively disagree here..i understand where you are coming from in terms of x64 v x32 platforms, but i started in mid December with a new game on the LE Darth's guide, with PCE(Palaces and castles enhanced), Clockwork Castle, Darkend, Beyond reach, Wyrmstooth, ETC, Settlements Expanded, JK's Cities lite, Raven Rock Expanded plus many more added on top of the guide. Yes i had to first create my own pre-smash as it were and forward the fixes to the Cr patch mod by Lexy, plus merging for space. I determined that i would see this game though to the bitter end, before completing my SE build. At present playing in Falskaar and only have Beyond reach, Vigilant, Undeath (my lest favorite mod) and misc. odd quest from notice boards, before i have done it all. SO the big question in terms of performance....maybe 10 ctd in all this time, and that normally if i have play for a long period of time before my cpu says enough for now. x64 will be much more stable and better, but that doesn't mean that you cannot achieve a stable game on x32 and crash fixes mod is a god send for this. If, by chances, i have misunderstood what you meant, my apologies before hand. PS loved your remark on the skooma looking eyes in the closed helm.......you can imagine what Darth faced each day when Lexy was on the skooma and red bull when putting this guide together in the early part on the year..lol love Darth and Lexy, but better duck out before she :bat: brings out the stick

Godescalcus hi! Yes i have seen that mod...not into the wings so much, more the super woman flying style and for someone that love eye candy, cannot beat the view of the terrain from above...ta

Good modding ALL!! ::): ::P:

Berndaroy,  It is all good.  I was speaking in generalities regarding the two.  Like you, I used Darth's guide and never really had that much issue with it.  I recently deleted LE from my system.  I decided I preferred SE.  Glad you like the Skooma comment  ::D: 

Lexy despite the note on RW2 about Keep it Clean, if you already have RW2 installed and merged, I suppose it won't hurt to leave it that way, as long as Keep it Clean Merged loads after it (and it does)?

Also I suppose since you don't mention it, there's no need to remove Racemenu following the rollback of XP32? I remember it being mentioned that the update had racemenu compatibility included somehow.

If you have installed RWT2 and create a merge of it and the Keep it clean mod is merge and overwriting RWT2 then you are fine.

no you don't need to remove racemenu XP32 v4.2 is still compatible with it (As far as I know) I rollback back cos it more stable than v4.33.

Thanks. Now I've opened another Pandora's box, I'm weeding out textures that don't look so good to me... Won't bother y'all with it except in cases that seem too striking. Here's a couple in Riften.

The first is fallforestgrass01.dds / fallforesgrass01_n.dds, first pictcture is guide (Landscape Overhaul HD), second picture is with those textures hidded/removed, which brings up Skyrim Realistic Overhaul which I use as a base.

IhgBsvz.jpg8nx8zlL.jpg

Then the roof tiles from Riften HD (first pic) look pretty dull and make the crappy underlying meshes stand out. Removing/hiding riftenroofshingles01.dds, riftenroofshingles01_n.dds, riftenshinglesalpha01.dds and riftenshinglesalpha01_n.dds brings forth Noble Skyrim (second pic), which I think goes slightly better.

bd0e5fH.pngYpq9sAW.png

• +1 1

Thanks. Now I've opened another Pandora's box, I'm weeding out textures that don't look so good to me... Won't bother y'all with it except in cases that seem too striking. Here's a couple in Riften.

The first is fallforestgrass01.dds / fallforesgrass01_n.dds, first pictcture is guide (Landscape Overhaul HD), second picture is with those textures hidded/removed, which brings up Skyrim Realistic Overhaul which I use as a base.

IhgBsvz.jpg8nx8zlL.jpg

Then the roof tiles from Riften HD (first pic) look pretty dull and make the crappy underlying meshes stand out. Removing/hiding riftenroofshingles01.dds, riftenroofshingles01_n.dds, riftenshinglesalpha01.dds and riftenshinglesalpha01_n.dds brings forth Noble Skyrim (second pic), which I think goes slightly better.

bd0e5fH.pngYpq9sAW.png

I will say we don't use SRO. but i do agree with you on Riften roofs I free admit I have not been bothered to compare all the textures (just too many of them.

I also feel the Solitude HD textures add a lot of atmosphere to interiors, I love them, but outdoors need a little tweaking, especially the wooden beams. Letting Noble win there might be good but I haven't tried it yet.

SRO is really worth a peek. I could play with it alone for a more vanilla feel and many, if not most of its textures hold their ground next to Luxor's when tweaking. I'm not a fan of the bright greens in the Reach and tried hiding those with good results. As I said I wouldn't bother y'all with the load of my texture tweaks but if we have room for that kind of discussion (on Discord for example) I can post some more screenshots there.

• +1 2

100% agree with the 4.2 XP32--I was fairly stable but still CTD'd at least once a session for the longest time, with some cases where I'd keep CTDing repeatedly and consistently until I narrowed it down to XP32 4.32 as I mentioned in this thread before.  After that post I already rolled back to 4.2, and I have sincerely not had a single CTD since I did that over what is now almost 20 hours.

On a different note, Helgen Reborn's Hattu heavy helmet made my character headless.  D'oh!  Also worryingly, though potentially a low priority issue since in theory everything's going to the museum instead of wherever: the Helgen Reborn player home reward has a dragon mask display that I activated unthinkingly while I had a dragon mask.  When I activated it to retrieve the mask, it disappeared from the game entirely.  I tested it a few times, and the display consistently 'ate' any masks.  Yikes.

I also feel the Solitude HD textures add a lot of atmosphere to interiors, I love them, but outdoors need a little tweaking, especially the wooden beams. Letting Noble win there might be good but I haven't tried it yet.

SRO is really worth a peek. I could play with it alone for a more vanilla feel and many, if not most of its textures hold their ground next to Luxor's when tweaking. I'm not a fan of the bright greens in the Reach and tried hiding those with good results. As I said I wouldn't bother y'all with the load of my texture tweaks but if we have room for that kind of discussion (on Discord for example) I can post some more screenshots there.

I am always open to discussion on improvements think with texture is the same as everything personal preference.

100% agree with the 4.2 XP32--I was fairly stable but still CTD'd at least once a session for the longest time, with some cases where I'd keep CTDing repeatedly and consistently until I narrowed it down to XP32 4.32 as I mentioned in this thread before.  After that post I already rolled back to 4.2, and I have sincerely not had a single CTD since I did that over what is now almost 20 hours.

On a different note, Helgen Reborn's Hattu heavy helmet made my character headless.  D'oh!  Also worryingly, though potentially a low priority issue since in theory everything's going to the museum instead of wherever: the Helgen Reborn player home reward has a dragon mask display that I activated unthinkingly while I had a dragon mask.  When I activated it to retrieve the mask, it disappeared from the game entirely.  I tested it a few times, and the display consistently 'ate' any masks.  Yikes.

I not actaully played Helgen Reborn so didn't know that guess i have to add a note to not activate the dragon mask display. Might be worth Ask the LOTD team if they know how to fix it.

I am a big fan of SRO also.  As I have stated numerous times, sse optimized, with sro next, and noble on top.  One thing I plan on trying is letting sro win landscape and noble win architecture and then, later on, sorting out luxor's and other textures.  But that is a long time away for me.  At least not until the guide is in a more permanent state with updates and tweaks being the most prominent additions.

I found a mod that addresses Improved Closefaced Helmets compatibility with Helgen Reborn to fix the headless issue I ran into: Closefaced Helmets for Helgen Reborn

For nominal inclusion - Argonian Improvements SSE - Horns no esp or anything, just a simple drop and activate that improves all the horns for Argonians with nicer from-scratch textures.  They look pretty good in game!

mmm thanks for the helgen reborn ICH mod i'll take a look.

Question about the files labeled HQ.

Can I safely use 2K versions of these instead of 4K and such?

of course you can always adjust texture sizes for your system.