Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Some more suggested mods:

Solitude and Temple Frescoes SSE - Incorporates nicely done fresco paintings into otherwise unadorned niches at the temple of divines and other temples.

Freshly Picked SSE - We have the mod that gives bits of Speech experience via reading books, this is a straightforward mod that gives bits of Alchemy experience from harvesting alchemy ingredients.

Pick up books simple SE-VR - I personally really like this in tandem with LotD because I find it very helpful when tracking read books--it's a lightweight .esl file that simply makes it so you can pick up books without reading them when you have your weapons sheathed, or read them there they lay by having your weapons out.  I appreciate being able to have a way to ID later that I haven't read something yet when I sit down in LotD's library.

Skyrim SE Improved Puddles - I was surprised this wasn't in the list already.  Easily mergeable mod, it's most prominently noticeable in Windhelm.  I'm not sure why the SE port doesn't have more visible images, but if you'd like to see more clear examples of how much of an improvement this is, check out the images in the Oldrim version here.

We already have The Eloquent Reader which awards Speech exp for reading books.  Pick Up Books Simple SE is already on the Trello board and is undergoing or awaiting testing for the guide.

Edited by Kneph13

We already have The Eloquent Reader which awards Speech exp for reading books.  Pick Up Books Simple SE is already on the Trello board and is undergoing or awaiting testing for the guide.

That is what I said.  I was suggesting Freshly Picked because it functions similarly for Alchemy.

• +1 1

That is what I said.  I was suggesting Freshly Picked because it functions similarly for Alchemy.

Added Freshly Picked as I usually save alchemy for mid/late game (as my smithing becomes less frequent), that way hunting & gathering early will boost the skill a bit (hopefully, we'll see in game). Thanks for the tip, nice synergy with Eloquent Reader. Speaking of which I already grabbed Pick Up Books to pair with More HUD Inventory Edition, to allow skill book identification in inventory & use by choice instead of automatically. Finally, those Frescoes look beautiful, I notice the Darkend location mod uses some of them, so I added Frescoes after it in my MO2 installer.  

Edited by redirishlord

I'm very occasionally getting a weird, annoying bug--where it won't actually let me proceed with dialogue with a character.  It will get to dialogue options, but clicking / hitting enter / anything on the keyboard won't register the option.  If I save and reload it works, but that's what it takes to jostle it.  Any ideas what the culprit might be / how I could troubleshoot this?

I'm experiencing the same thing...   I started a new character and now I'm at level 3... I had to reload a few times in some places to get:

1. Missing text for TRADING in shops... (never work)

2. Some character don't interact so you can't open dialogue box to continue quest by selecting text options.

Even tho the number 2 works when you reload at some points, Trading Option don't work at all... which means I'll be stuck.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this ? (I have same load order as in the Modwatch). Thanks!

I have seen in some forums that heavily modifying Skyrim (and with many additional quests) you can incur CTD.

It's true?

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/10257-srle-extended-string-count-testing/

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74390/

that is very old and before we had Crash fixes. But yes if you overextended the Papyrus engine it can become unstable but SSE is more stable then LE. String count is no longer a huge concern

Make sure you didn't merge your Audio Merged file into the Pre Smash patch - not sure it would result in your problem, but it's possible.

Great point, thanks. After checking I did exclude it, so it's not that. Looking at just reinstalling the audio mods, which in some cases means re-patching. If SRO works out and Lexy adds it, it'll be a big overhaul. Maybe I'll wait till then to do it if I can't figure anything else out.

Sorry *blush*  I missed that part :wacko:

Added Freshly Picked as I usually save alchemy for mid/late game (as my smithing becomes less frequent), that way hunting & gathering early will boost the skill a bit (hopefully, we'll see in game). Thanks for the tip, nice synergy with Eloquent Reader. Speaking of which I already grabbed Pick Up Books to pair with More HUD Inventory Edition, to allow skill book identification in inventory & use by choice instead of automatically. Finally, those Frescoes look beautiful, I notice the Darkend location mod uses some of them, so I added Frescoes after it in my MO2 installer.  

The two I did not mention in my earlier post I also use, but now Baubledorst has me curious.

I used to do Alchemy early ( I always do it to some point-I just love that skill) to make money.  But the cooking/alchemy overhaul we use now, similar to CACO, drastically reduces the value and makes it less lucrative.  Smithing is my money maker now (which is why I hope we might add Immersive Jewelry -a blacksmith's dream).  Enchanting has always had to wait.  Unless of course I go no crafting at all and use Honed Metal.

Edited by Kneph13

Great point, thanks. After checking I did exclude it, so it's not that. Looking at just reinstalling the audio mods, which in some cases means re-patching. If SRO works out and Lexy adds it, it'll be a big overhaul. Maybe I'll wait till then to do it if I can't figure anything else out.

OMG and I love that screen name and picture!  But it also makes me want to say something really LOOD!   LOL

Some more suggested mods:

Solitude and Temple Frescoes SSE - Incorporates nicely done fresco paintings into otherwise unadorned niches at the temple of divines and other temples.

Freshly Picked SSE - We have the mod that gives bits of Speech experience via reading books, this is a straightforward mod that gives bits of Alchemy experience from harvesting alchemy ingredients.

Pick up books simple SE-VR - I personally really like this in tandem with LotD because I find it very helpful when tracking read books--it's a lightweight .esl file that simply makes it so you can pick up books without reading them when you have your weapons sheathed, or read them there they lay by having your weapons out.  I appreciate being able to have a way to ID later that I haven't read something yet when I sit down in LotD's library.

Skyrim SE Improved Puddles - I was surprised this wasn't in the list already.  Easily mergeable mod, it's most prominently noticeable in Windhelm.  I'm not sure why the SE port doesn't have more visible images, but if you'd like to see more clear examples of how much of an improvement this is, check out the images in the Oldrim version here.

Like the ideas behind all but the Pick Up Books - moreHUD already tells me if I've read a book or not, and the ability to not read them on pick up just doesn't do anything for me. SIP was a mainstay of the STEP lineup in Oldrim, so that makes sense to include, Freshly Picked makes sense for the same reasons Eloquent Reader does, and the frescoes, though they are from Witcher, seem to fit in well.

See you guys in a week or so - wonder how much work I'll have to do to get up to date by then... :)

Regarding 1st Person Candlelight Fix from the guide, Mebantiza posts a suggestion to edit the mesh with NifScope. Specifically setting it's co-ordinates to
x = 0.0
y = 20.0
z = 24.0

the included (in the original post) picture looks like it corrects the issue (which remains for me even with this mod) nicely.

Are you stopping to read every book as you pick them up?  YMMV and personal preference and all that of course, I just thought I'd bring the mod up because at least for me, half the point of having a 'you've read this book' indicator is knowing if I've actually read it, and if I'm picking up 5 new books in a dungeon run out of hundreds I'm not typically stopping in the middle of a necromancer's lair to read through them.  For that reason, I found that mod helpful, and it being an esl file that doesn't count towards the mod limit is just icing to me.

On a different note, I was curious what folks thought about the various added music mods available for Skyrim and whether or not you just stick to the vanilla soundtrack or expand the tracklist through any number of those mods.

• +1 1

Are you stopping to read every book as you pick them up?  YMMV and personal preference and all that of course, I just thought I'd bring the mod up because at least for me, half the point of having a 'you've read this book' indicator is knowing if I've actually read it, and if I'm picking up 5 new books in a dungeon run out of hundreds I'm not typically stopping in the middle of a necromancer's lair to read through them.  For that reason, I found that mod helpful, and it being an esl file that doesn't count towards the mod limit is just icing to me.

On a different note, I was curious what folks thought about the various added music mods available for Skyrim and whether or not you just stick to the vanilla soundtrack or expand the tracklist through any number of those mods.

I have read some of the books but definitely all of them.  Matter of fact, most of the Lore I know on TES comes from reading those books.  But I do NOT like to do it in dungeons.  I like to go to my home, get in the bath or sit in the library and read.  I actually set time aside to do just that.  The ESL is icing.

I occasionally add different music.  Depends on my mood and is just a matter of installing it.  I have about all them downloaded anyway.  We recently added the new HQ Voices and Music.  I am also strongly considering putting the Celtic music one back in.

That's basically where I'm at with books--there's tons of them I'd never gotten around to reading in previous playthroughs, so I am trying to make a point to save them for the library at the museum or occasionally out with Frostfall camping setups.

Graphical rendering issue of some sort that is frustrating, I'm curious if anyone has encountered this / resolved it: I'm getting 'banding' effects on my shadows, most noticeably on snowy surfaces.  Here's a screenshot demonstrating it pretty visibly.

That's basically where I'm at with books--there's tons of them I'd never gotten around to reading in previous playthroughs, so I am trying to make a point to save them for the library at the museum or occasionally out with Frostfall camping setups.

Graphical rendering issue of some sort that is frustrating, I'm curious if anyone has encountered this / resolved it: I'm getting 'banding' effects on my shadows, most noticeably on snowy surfaces.  Here's a screenshot demonstrating it pretty visibly.

I had that in a few places.  I fixed it by reinstalling Fluffy Snow (I love it and don't care if Footprints doesn't work with it all the time).