Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

That's basically where I'm at with books--there's tons of them I'd never gotten around to reading in previous playthroughs, so I am trying to make a point to save them for the library at the museum or occasionally out with Frostfall camping setups.

Graphical rendering issue of some sort that is frustrating, I'm curious if anyone has encountered this / resolved it: I'm getting 'banding' effects on my shadows, most noticeably on snowy surfaces.  Here's a screenshot demonstrating it pretty visibly.

I had this exact same problem and damned if I can't remember how I fixed it. All I can say is that with my current playthrough I don't have it and I followed the guide to the letter. Maybe just a little snow texture mod would do the trick?

Can you believe it - manholes MATTER! Here's a list - pick your poison.

Solitude HD - - - - - - - - - - - Noble Skyrim - - - - - - - - - SRO / Vanilla - - - - - - - - - Manhole of Solitude 2k/2k (LOL just for fun... But I'll keep this one!)

AY6hbFD.pngxudBbH2.pnglS0vUwR.pngIOLfFIx.png

My opinion for all it's worth, regarding the subject of the most and least immersive Manholes: Solitude HD - sucks. Noble - good enough, doesn't blend that well with Solitude HD ground. SRO - worse than Noble and doesn't blend so well either. Solitude Manhole - a winner, for sure LOL

From only guide textures I'd go with Noble again.

Sorry, dammit - I meant the book that's placed on the shelf on the LEFT wall... LOL

For more fun try this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16660

https://imgur.com/AgazxNQ

Edited by Xeraphim1

Hello! I just finished with the modding process, and wanted to thank you and everyone that has worked on this project. I tried making a mod pack of this size for myself, and found it to be two weeks of frustration and disappointment. It was nice getting to follow the lead of people who actually know what they're doing. That being said, I still think I managed to **** up somewhere along the way, and was hoping someone might have a solution to my problem. 

Everything is working perfectly in the mod list except for the lighting- specifically the lighting at night in cities, villages, and Riverwood in particular. I'm running into the problem of having too many light sources in one place that end up having weird effects on the surrounding textures; 'deactivating' them and turning them black. I've run into this problem before when using ele and elfx together with mods that add more lighting sources. Is that the case in this mod pack too? Is that just the trade off for having good lighting in dungeons? Or did I do something wrong somewhere? I'm not sure if it's related, but I'm also having some weird spider wed effects. They seem to be invisible unless I get really close to them. Is that normal, or is that them reacting poorly to my lighting problems? Thank you!

That's where I think Lexy's right about it being impossible to please everyone with one definitive texture pack. So, the guide's approach is actually very "empowering" of the user for making it possible to tweak things very easily. We install packs that overwrite packs that overwrite packs. While it does take up drive space, if that's not a limiting factor, you can then easily tweak things by hiding/unhiding texture files. An example with the wooden beams in Solitude, mentioned before.

Here is a sequence where the first image shows Solitude HD, in the second I "hid" six texture files from Solitude HD (swoodbeam*.dds, swoodcollumn*.dds) and thus have Noble Skyrim's textures, while in the third I also hid the same textures in Noble and end up with SRO's textures.

u3hSTKU.pngSk51A9g.png9JdYEqr.png

While I tend to agree with what Xeraphim1 said before, that Noble textures seem sometimes too "good" (like the farmhouse textures), in the case of the city of Solitude I'd say Noble's go best with the capital city of Skyrim. Luxor's are too rough and coupled with the rough plaster on the walls, make Solitude look even more decrepit than Bravil, if you know what I mean. Replacing only the Luxor's wooden beams (swoodbeam*.dds, swoodcollumn*.dds) with Noble's makes a huge difference and the better wood still blends nicely with Luxor's plaster and stone wall textures. SRO's wodden frame looks strangely washed out in this case, so in my build I think I'll go with Noble for these.

By the way, the city wall in the background is indeed SRO which, in that case, I think beats both Noble and Solitude HD (both alternatives).

Edit: If you want to play around with SRO, I suggest adding right at the top of the left pane. SRO covers a lot of stuff like clutter, architecture, landscape, dungeons, and would overwrite other mods if placed further down.

Something is wrong with the SRO screenshot, here is vanilla Skyrim with only SMIM and SRO installed without any ENB and the manhole looks OK.

Edit: Sorry, the reply was for post 6522.

9ZbliWF

9ZbliWF.jpg

Edited by easyrider1988

Something is wrong with the SRO screenshot, here is vanilla Skyrim with only SMIM and SRO installed without any ENB and the manhole looks OK.

Nothing's wrong with the shot, since we're talking about combining textures. I know that SRO works and even mentioned it in a subsequent post: "(on a more serious note this texture works very well with Luxor's ground, if one is not using Solitude HD at all the choice might be another. Both Noble and SRO work fine with a cobbled/stone/paved street texture, like those mods have it themselves)"

I was looking for a manhole texture that looks well with Luxor's ground, and our current weather and ENB. I admit I'm always tempted to go back to SRO because it works, but precisely because other packs like Luxor's take the risk of not sticking to vanilla flavour, they come up with some surprising stuff that's worth the effort of ironing out some odd textures that may not work so well.

Your shot makes me think that Luxor's manhole probably also looks better without weathers and ENB, with less of a polished metal shine. I'm also tempted to abandon weathers and ENB altogether... But never get around to doing it. The current version of Verdant as a grass mod is nothing short of spectacular - if you're using vanilla weathers and no ENB. Add those, and I've tried a few, and it looks much less impressive. I wish there were a simple way to make ENB effects pop on indoors, and off outdoors. Short of that, I think ENB adds enough that one can conform to not using those mods that don't work with it.

Another mod I've been playing with is Enhanced Landscapes. It has an optional grass mod that's close to Unbelievable Grass 2, which is a long time favourite of mine. The grass looks very interesting because AceeQ took the trouble of repainting many areas with new ground textures that get grass with his mod, resulting in much more grass in the landscape and less bare ground. The down side (for me) is that those new ground textures themselves don't look so nice (even though you only see them through thick grass) and replacing them, since they're custom assets and not simple replacers, would mean copying and renaming stuff (like we do with SSoS and NSUTR). Not impossible, but more hassle.

Edited by godescalcus

He was noting how he fixed it, not what the problem was.

Yes, my troubleshooting skills are not that great anymore.  I'm old and not as patient as I used be.  So yes, I fixed it.  I didn't solve it as you so glaringly stated.  It all good though, I took my meds today.  My apologies if I mistook what appeared to be an obvious jibe, you may also have simply been pointing out something that someone apparently missed.  I also just woke up to a screaming two year old and may be overly sensitive.

Edited by Kneph13

I'm currently working on a reinstall/update of my load order for another playthrough and had a few questions for some folks with a little more knowledge of modding utilities than I. I had a successful install of the entire guide and everything looks great. My FPS suffers in some areas but never goes below 27-28. Game is smooth as silk, but concerns me. I know from past experience when a lot of things start happening in the way of combat and scripts start firing, my FPS is going to dip. I didn't install anything higher than 2k textures because with good lighting mods and a good ENB, I personally never saw a need in anything higher than 2K. With all of that being said, I'm thinking of using the performance version of the recommended ENB, and possibly looking at testing out this ENB :

The Truth ENB: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9162

1. Trees and Flora section. I want to free up some more FPS for my system. While Whiterun Forest Borealis looks amazing, my frames there suffer a little more than I would like and also I personally prefer the Tundra area to be more like the original area. I'm wanting to use just Enhanced Vanilla Trees, Beyond Skyrim Bruma Tree Billboards, Veydosebrom, Immersive Fallen Trees, Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods, and No Grass In Caves. Do I need Lexys LOTD Billboards file ? Do I need to make any changes in the installer options for EVT ? After that is sorted I plan on using Merge Plugins again and follow the naming convention in the merge guide so my load order "looks" the same. How will these changes affect the process when I generate LODs ? Anything special I need to do other than follow the guide ? 

2. New NPCs section. Interesting NPC's - I think that it is an amazing mod. I have used it for several playthroughs in the past on Oldrim. Just not interested in it any longer. Sofia - used her in the past also, great mod, just not interested in her any longer. Mrissi - used her before, great mod, no longer interested. Several of the conflict resolution patches have these 3 mods listed as dependencies, despite the fact that all of them are listed as optional in the guide. I have tried to remove the records and dependencies myself but no luck. Would there be a possibility of having some additional conflict resolution patches available without the New NPCs dependencies ? 

3. Making my own NPC retexture merge patch. Is it just as simple as loading up the mods in the utility in the order that I want for NPC appearances, building the merge, and the last one loaded wins when the patch is built with no conflicts ? 

4. If I wanted to exclude LOTD from the guide (OMG, What ???!!!!),  can anyone point me to a good tutorial for making my own CR patches ?

5. Vanilla Player house mods. Load them after all lighting mods ? And/or do I need to remove the lighting records from my ELE/ELFX Merged Patch ?

I'm still tweaking my LO and looking for other things I could possibly add and some suggestions for the guide. Thanks for your time folks !

I'm currently working on a reinstall/update of my load order for another playthrough and had a few questions for some folks with a little more knowledge of modding utilities than I. I had a successful install of the entire guide and everything looks great. My FPS suffers in some areas but never goes below 27-28. Game is smooth as silk, but concerns me. I know from past experience when a lot of things start happening in the way of combat and scripts start firing, my FPS is going to dip. I didn't install anything higher than 2k textures because with good lighting mods and a good ENB, I personally never saw a need in anything higher than 2K. With all of that being said, I'm thinking of using the performance version of the recommended ENB, and possibly looking at testing out this ENB :

1. Trees and Flora section. I want to free up some more FPS for my system. While Whiterun Forest Borealis looks amazing, my frames there suffer a little more than I would like and also I personally prefer the Tundra area to be more like the original area. I'm wanting to use just Enhanced Vanilla Trees, Beyond Skyrim Bruma Tree Billboards, Veydosebrom, Immersive Fallen Trees, Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods, and No Grass In Caves. Do I need Lexys LOTD Billboards file ? Do I need to make any changes in the installer options for EVT ? After that is sorted I plan on using Merge Plugins again and follow the naming convention in the merge guide so my load order "looks" the same. How will these changes affect the process when I generate LODs ? Anything special I need to do other than follow the guide ? 

2. New NPCs section. Interesting NPC's - I think that it is an amazing mod. I have used it for several playthroughs in the past on Oldrim. Just not interested in it any longer. Sofia - used her in the past also, great mod, just not interested in her any longer. Mrissi - used her before, great mod, no longer interested. Several of the conflict resolution patches have these 3 mods listed as dependencies, despite the fact that all of them are listed as optional in the guide. I have tried to remove the records and dependencies myself but no luck. Would there be a possibility of having some additional conflict resolution patches available without the New NPCs dependencies ? 

3. Making my own NPC retexture merge patch. Is it just as simple as loading up the mods in the utility in the order that I want for NPC appearances, building the merge, and the last one loaded wins when the patch is built with no conflicts ? 

4. If I wanted to exclude LOTD from the guide (OMG, What ???!!!!),  can anyone point me to a good tutorial for making my own CR patches ?

5. Vanilla Player house mods. Load them after all lighting mods ? And/or do I need to remove the lighting records from my ELE/ELFX Merged Patch ?

I'm still tweaking my LO and looking for other things I could possibly add and some suggestions for the guide. Thanks for your time folks !

1. The Lexys LOTD Billboards file covers some missing stuff from EVT.

2. I Already provided a lot of CR's the you don't want is the Follower and NPC's that covers Interesting NPC's, Sofia and Mrissi

3. I just use merge plugins to create the NPC Retexture Merge I also provide the load order I use in the guide.

4. It can be done but that would require clean off all CR is currently provide (why won't you want LOTD?)

5. Vanilla player hgomeshouild be ok with ELE and ELFX

Ok, I'll have to ask. What are the LOD settings for the trees and objects if I don't use Dyndolod? It says to "use Lodgen" but doesn't give instructions on what to actually do with them.

DynDOLOD is so much better for Trees due to the dynamics.  Have you tried just Normal DynDOLOD other than Ultra Trees?  Just revert the changes to Dyn's ini that you did for Ultra Trees, and tick the Generate Tree LOD box at the bottom of Dyn and go for it.  Much better LOD that what you get for trees with xLODGen.  Just saying.

I use The Truth and have for quite some time.  I"m trying Phoenix out right now but no matter what ENB I try, I always end up going back to the Truth. *shrug*  Lexy loves her Phoenix and that's what she's going with now and I think it's better than what the guide had before.

1.  Look at LH's BOSS Project on SE Nexus.  He lists several different Trees and Flora set ups to use depending on wants and system.

4.  A good guide on what to do for CR patches is in the CR page of Neovalen's SRLE and Lexy's husband Darth's guide SRLE Extended.  I believe both guide are still on this forum.  You can also google TES5 Edit Conflict Resolution on You Tube and get a couple of tutorials there.

Edited by Kneph13