Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

When you encounter a cycle redundancy its because there is a disable plugin that was in a merge in the right pane of MO2 that is conflicting. So you have to disable the source of the disabled MO2 right plugin in the LEFT PANE... That's very simple but not quite explained in the Guide. So my suggestion is to mention it in the FINISHING LINE - LOOT section...

Cycle redundancy happens whenever you have conflicting rules, that is, one rule or set of rules telling mod A to load after mod B, while another forces mod B to load after mod A (for example, if mod B has to load after mod C and mod C has to load after mod A, then mod B would also have to load after mod A, which contradicts the first rule). Any combination of rules, including master file dependencies, can lead to cyclic redundancy. This is exactly what happens with files that are merged by the guide, because in some cases no custom rules are provided for the files that are supposed to be merged. Lexy's actually provided rules for a bunch of those, but there should really be no need to do that IMHO. Googling the cyclic redundancy error will lead anyone to the root cause and hint at what needs to be checked in order to make things work. I hate to bring this up, but some basic troubleshooting ability is a requirement for this guide if one wants to build and test every few sections. If you build the whole guide first and only run loot after the merge section, you'll never encounter that error.

Cycle redundancy happens whenever you have conflicting rules, that is, one rule or set of rules telling mod A to load after mod B, while another forces mod B to load after mod A (for example, if mod B has to load after mod C and mod C has to load after mod A, then mod B would also have to load after mod A, which contradicts the first rule). Any combination of rules, including master file dependencies, can lead to cyclic redundancy. This is exactly what happens with files that are merged by the guide, because in some cases no custom rules are provided for the files that are supposed to be merged. Lexy's actually provided rules for a bunch of those, but there should really be no need to do that IMHO. Googling the cyclic redundancy error will lead anyone to the root cause and hint at what needs to be checked in order to make things work. I hate to bring this up, but some basic troubleshooting ability is a requirement for this guide if one wants to build and test every few sections. If you build the whole guide first and only run loot after the merge section, you'll never encounter that error.

Thanks for saying it should be done only once after the end... I'll try that now from scratch as I still have an issue not being able to trade... so something is wrong and I reinstall everything including skyrim se... :-)

Thanks for saying it should be done only once after the end... I'll try that now from scratch as I still have an issue not being able to trade... so something is wrong and I reinstall everything including skyrim se... :-)

I only say that way it works. If you decide to do things differently, like running the game for testing as you build, you can do it as long as you can fill in the necessary troubleshooting. My take is to keep the merge page open and build each merge as I install all the required mods, which also helps keeping the plugin count lower.

But the safest way for a new user is really to just follow the guide precisely.

It may not that useful unless you convert a lot of files to ESL or ESP-FE, but there is a new SSEEdit build that loads them beyond the 254 ESP limit.

Since patches most often can be given an ESL flag, it can eliminate the need to merge them.

https://pc.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/90nc3k/sseedit_experimental_release_allows_you_to_load/

https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/blob/dev-elminster/TES5Edit.exe

I only say that way it works. If you decide to do things differently, like running the game for testing as you build, you can do it as long as you can fill in the necessary troubleshooting. My take is to keep the merge page open and build each merge as I install all the required mods, which also helps keeping the plugin count lower.

But the safest way for a new user is really to just follow the guide precisely.

At least I learned better how the groups in LOOT works... I'm not sure tho that I like the GROUPS as it was way simpler when groups did not exist in the older loot versions as it is used in SRLE Legendary, which by the way I have into another partition with Win 7 64 with many other mods added and it works very well..

Do you have your MO2 mods and Skyrim running on a fast SSD? Audio files get loaded all the time and are possible causes of crashes or stutter. I've also had no audio before during testing but that got fixed once I went through with the finishing line.

Hmm...Skyrim is running on an SSD, but I stored my mods on a 2 TB HDD for space reasons. I could try running those audio mods on an SSD! However my last post was wrong; it turns out the lack of audio comes from any time I have Audio Overhaul and Immersive Sounds on at the same time. I was considering manually screwing with those in SSEEdit, as if I screw anything up I can just redownload the mods. Thanks for suggesting another solution!

ok i just finished the finish line steps.i load the game and go outside, and i see these huge purple textures, when i get closer to them they pop in as trees. when i move away from them they go back to being purple. what am i doing wrong here? this was the same issue i had when i followed the list the first time