Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

When we set the bash patch, should the esps only have what you list or do we leave the other options as well?  SAFO.esp already has delev, invent, and relev in the list as selected in the bash tags panel (which is weird bc it has delev, invent, names, relev, and stats in the description panel).  Should it now only have delev selected?

Thanks.

Also, when building the Smash Patch it says to highlight all from update to conflict resolution merged, but then it says bashed patch should be smash.forceall.  I have CRM before the BP, so the BP isn't part of the SP.  Is this correct and the smash.forceall is being applied to the BP, even tho it's not in the SP, or should CRM be after BP in my load order?

Thanks.

Also, when building the Smash Patch it says to highlight all from update to conflict resolution merged, but then it says bashed patch should be smash.forceall.  I have CRM before the BP, so the BP isn't part of the SP.  Is this correct and the smash.forceall is being applied to the BP, even tho it's not in the SP, or should CRM be after BP in my load order?

Thanks.

no I meant to change to down to Bash Patch i'll do that now let the bash patch overwrite the CR Merge.

When we set the bash patch, should the esps only have what you list or do we leave the other options as well?  SAFO.esp already has delev, invent, and relev in the list as selected in the bash tags panel (which is weird bc it has delev, invent, names, relev, and stats in the description panel).  Should it now only have delev selected?

Thanks.

keep whatever Tags are already there.

• +1 1

Thanks, Lexy, that's a huge help.

I got to test the guide a little bit before the new update and I can't believe how well it runs.  I even threw as much extra as I could at it, such as 4k everything, dyndolod high, warzones, populated hell, etc..., basically trying to break it and I couldn't, it runs so smooth now that it's 64 bit.  You all have done an amazing job on putting this together.  I can't imagine that it was easy.

The only thing I noticed is that Interesting NPCs Overhaul overrides some of the npc textures, such as eyebrows and hair from salt and wind.  The most problematic, for me, at least, as I'm trying different texture packs, is the malebody_1_sk.dds file.  Personally I just moved the "New followers and NPCs" above "NPC Retextures" and moved the Salt and Wind folders to the "Beards, Brows, and Hair" section.

Thanks for all of the hard work!  You and the crew kick serious ass!

Small query boys and girls....I have just finished Falskaar on LE and found a bug with the boat travel, that leads to ctd, and a recommended fix was to use a mod called "IslandFastTravel". With the SE version of Falskaar 2.2, has this bug been addressed or will a alternative travel back to Skyrim mod be required?

When we set the bash patch, should the esps only have what you list or do we leave the other options as well? SAFO.esp already has delev, invent, and relev in the list as selected in the bash tags panel (which is weird bc it has delev, invent, names, relev, and stats in the description panel). Should it now only have delev selected?

Thanks.

There shouldn't be any default tags. Maybe you imported tags from LOOT? As Lexy said, leave them as you have them.

ok i fixed my issue and everything seems to run smooth, also should i reactivate the great equalizer esp?

No, it is merged into the smashed patch.

For those of you that use this guide without MLU, I will update the level list patches tomorrow morning. Something broke with them when I removed masters from. Do not use current version. MLU versions of the patches are fine.

Edited by dreadflopp
  • +1 1

I am curious about which meshes from Oldrim mods need running through NIF Optimizer and which don't. I previously thought that it is a must to run meshes from all Oldrim mods through NIF Optimizer but I have just installed Realistic HD Baskets, Realistic HD Food etc which have been downloaded from the oldrim nexus and contain meshes. The guide doesn't say to optimize these meshes so I was wandering if it was an oversight or if there is a reason for this.

ok i just finished the finish line steps.i load the game and go outside, and i see these huge purple textures, when i get closer to them they pop in as trees. when i move away from them they go back to being purple. what am i doing wrong here? this was the same issue i had when i followed the list the first time

Did u see the Troubleshooting section?

Small query boys and girls....I have just finished Falskaar on LE and found a bug with the boat travel, that leads to ctd, and a recommended fix was to use a mod called "IslandFastTravel". With the SE version of Falskaar 2.2, has this bug been addressed or will a alternative travel back to Skyrim mod be required?

In LE I did have trouble with Falskaar on the way back, too, in my case the trigger that made you travel back to Skyrim didn't set off. My only workaround then was console to travel back and forth... Haven't played Falskaar in SSE yet.

There shouldn't be any default tags. Maybe you imported tags from LOOT? As Lexy said, leave them as you have them.

I thought it was odd, the guide mentioning them when they were already listed.  A couple others already had delev as well.  I might have imported them from LOOT, though I have no idea how I would have done so.  Hopefully there aren't others that are messed up that I didn't check.

Here's another texture comparison, ice in the marshes.

I noticed how crudely cut those ice floes in the marsh seem and nailed the problem down to HD Landscape Overhaul's meshes, which are all concerning ice. So I hid them, as well as the ice textures, and tested successively (Luxor's first, then...) Noble Skyrim (second), Just Ice (third) and lastly SRO.

8n34JBt.pngQER8Bg3.pnghyBP9ED.png78gTB9u.png

I think I'd go with Noble Skyrim (second picture) on this one, although I also really like SRO's slab texture, Noble blends better.

Pics are with Vivid Weathers, I'm swapping to and fro between Vivid, Obsidian and NAT, sorry about that.

Edited by godescalcus

I'm not sure what happened or when, but when I went to go to the guild house for the LotD museum it was missing save for some floating lights and banners out in the hot springs area--no steps up to the walkway, no way to reach it.  Argh. :(

UNaZa2l.jpg

Edited by Baubledorst

I am at a loss, but it's pretty crushing.  If I TCL and float over, the doors still go to the interior; I can't find any conflicting records in xEdit, for the life of me I have no idea how far back this occurred in-game as I've been away from the museum for a long while.  I just recently finished the second big museum quest where there are a few days needed to tidy up afterwards, but belatedly did a double-take out back to notice this issue.  If anyone has a possible fix I would be hugely appreciative.