Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Oh, Hallelujah! 

So, I double-checked against your picture, and everything was exactly the same...and still not working. But your comment about reinstalling the portable version made me think to open MO and hit the "instance selection dialogue" button. I selected the portable version, and loaded back in. 

The ONLY difference I could see was that the currently open profile and MO's style both reverted to default. All of my mods, profiles, and other settings were still there, and nothing had visibly changed in the MO base folder. But Relinker WORKED this time. 

So, to add to the list of stuff to try for anyone else who runs into the problem: Reselect the portable instance of MO2, even if your folders appear to be where they should be. 

I'm glad it worked for you! I don't whys or hows, lol, I just know Relinker wasn't made specifically for MO2, so it gets temperamental unless things are laid out perfectly. 

• +1 1

When launching SSEEdit: Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "DynDOLOD.esm" requires master "Cutting Room Floor.esp" to be loaded before it.>

In my experience, this usually happens when the copy of DynDOLOD you are using is out of date. Double check that you're using 2.43 and, all else, try rerunning DynDOLOD

Or, more likely, you haven't moved the DynDOLOD ESM file down to just after GreyCowl, as instructed. Remember there are TWO DynDOLOD files - one ESM and one ESP. The latter remains at the end, the former gets moved ALL the way up to the last ESM slot, just after Grey Cowl's ESM file.

I think The Notice Board should be considered for removal IMO. My reasons why:

1) The reasons Missives already states - Notice Board it often breaks immersion, and even if you don't care about immersion then the quests are usually impractical without using fast travel

2) Many of the quests are buggy, as reported elsewhere

3) The author has abandoned the mod (and SSE modding entirely) so the mod is, in it's current state, "finished" (incomplete).

If not removal, at least a warning/info on the mod list. I personally am going to start over without the mod, Missives is a good enough substitute.

Makes sense to me... especially since it gets rid of that completely USELESS second board full of random notes that do NOTHING.

Or, more likely, you haven't moved the DynDOLOD ESM file down to just after GreyCowl, as instructed. Remember there are TWO DynDOLOD files - one ESM and one ESP. The latter remains at the end, the former gets moved ALL the way up to the last ESM slot, just after Grey Cowl's ESM file.

That was my first thought, but they're saying that the esm requires CRF, an esp, as a master. DynDOLOD.esm should only have the other esms as masters. 

Hey folks, I've been tracking this mod guide for a very very long time.

I have not done any installing because of how frequent it is updated, but I am getting the itch to start modding again in hopes of getting in a good play through.

For those of you who constantly update your mod lists to match the guide, is it a lot of work? have you "messed up" in the process? Is the game stable for a playthru as of right now or are there prominent bugs? 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Luisangre

I think The Notice Board should be considered for removal IMO. My reasons why:

1) The reasons Missives already states - Notice Board it often breaks immersion, and even if you don't care about immersion then the quests are usually impractical without using fast travel

2) Many of the quests are buggy, as reported elsewhere

3) The author has abandoned the mod (and SSE modding entirely) so the mod is, in it's current state, "finished" (incomplete).

If not removal, at least a warning/info on the mod list. I personally am going to start over without the mod, Missives is a good enough substitute.

These are all very valid points and I will consider them. Skeleton Jack has also suggested that The Noticeboard is dropped when I make the shift to OMEGA so I might consider too that then.

Oh, Hallelujah! 

So, I double-checked against your picture, and everything was exactly the same...and still not working. But your comment about reinstalling the portable version made me think to open MO and hit the "instance selection dialogue" button. I selected the portable version, and loaded back in. 

The ONLY difference I could see was that the currently open profile and MO's style both reverted to default. All of my mods, profiles, and other settings were still there, and nothing had visibly changed in the MO base folder. But Relinker WORKED this time. 

So, to add to the list of stuff to try for anyone else who runs into the problem: Reselect the portable instance of MO2, even if your folders appear to be where they should be. 

Glad you go it sort guess since I installed MO2 Portable Mode in the beginning with I don't get half the issue you guys sometime get.

I'm glad it worked for you! I don't whys or hows, lol, I just know Relinker wasn't made specifically for MO2, so it gets temperamental unless things are laid out perfectly. 

Yes, Relinker is very fussy I'll be glad to be shot of it when zMerge comes out of testing cos I know Relinker (Or something Similar Mator created) is installed with it.

Has anyone else noticed that items from your inventory aren't put on display in the museum when you let it sort through?

Recent examples for me haev been several fossils, some items in the Hall of heroes and a couple books.

SInce I usually get rid of everything left in my inventory with the cart in the safehouse once sorting is done, I was quite surprised when I noticed this.

Hey folks, I've been tracking this mod guide for a very very long time.

I have not done any installing because of how frequent it is updated, but I am getting the itch to start modding again in hopes of getting in a good play through.

For those of you who constantly update your mod lists to match the guide, is it a lot of work? have you "messed up" in the process? Is the game stable for a playthru as of right now or are there prominent bugs? 

Thanks in advance.

I switched from DarthMathas SRLE guide around June or July to this one. I most say that now the guide is pretty stable to play even tho it said that it's still in beta. I'm now level 36 with the same save as I started... And I really enjoyed it and can say that they put a lot of effort on it and it shows and reflects in your game.

One of the thing I would recommend to make updates easy, but it's only my way of doing it, is to name your mod with a "number" in the left pane by appending a number in the front of the zip mod when installing. I keep a copy of them on a backup drive as I download them manually and store them in different folders also numbered and with the name of the section of the mods, and replaced them as updates comes. For in between mods added to the guide I add a letter "a", "b", etc. This make things straightforward for the process of updating and for searching a particular mod in the left pane of MO2.

Updating take me around an hour or even less now except if I have to recompile xLODGen and/or DynDoLod.

Double check that you downloaded and ran Relinker version 40 and not 44 (if there is more than the exe in the folder, it's the wrong one). That and missing masters are the most common issues. 

Had wrong version of Relinker.

In my experience, this usually happens when the copy of DynDOLOD you are using is out of date. Double check that you're using 2.43 and, all else, try rerunning DynDOLOD

I had the 2.43 download from mega in Prerequisites.

Moved the ESM.

So I did again Relinker and DynDOLOD and it seem to be working! At least the character creation menu. Thanks.

So I managed to solve my previous problem, well not exactly. I simply rolled back to an earlier save and did not encounter the CTD issue again (yet...)

In my effort to diagnose the problem I had turned on papyrus logging, just to see what I might find. This is not something I've done much, so I really don't have a frame of reference as to what is a "normal" papyrus log...

But I did notice something that seems really strange...In 20 minutes of gameplay, my papyrus log is a whopping 72 megabytes, almost 900,000 lines long. In 1 hour 15 mins, 210 MB, 2.47 MILLION LINES LONG! This doesn't seem right at all. And I see thousands of script calls to mostly MintyQuestForkScript.psc and some MintyUtility.psc -- this is like 90% of the log!

Anyone else observing this behavior? What is going on here? Is this "normal" ??? Is this save hosed, or worse yet, my install "broken" somehow?

EDIT: I see 8 active scripts in this save, one being MintyQuestForkScript.psc. Would it hurt to just kill the active with Fallrim tools? Guess I might test that and see...

(edit: corrected to 2.47 million line log file, added note about Fallrim cleaning)

Edited by PepperJ071

How do I 'Make sure you have Unflagged the mod Obsidian Weathers And Seasons - Beyond Skyrim Bruma Patch as an ESL before merging'?

Is that done through xEdit? Or am I overthinking this?

It is done through xedit and very simple process Load the mod in xEdit then Right click on Record Tag in the File Header and untick the ESL checkbox to turn it back into a proper esp so he can be merged.

That was my first thought, but they're saying that the esm requires CRF, an esp, as a master. DynDOLOD.esm should only have the other esms as masters. 

Should, I agree, and I'll admit I missed it was the ESM that had the fault. Regardless, it is still a thing to check. Since it was a new(ish) install, it made sense to me that he'd Have 2.43, since that hasn't updated in a bit.

Had wrong version of Relinker.

I had the 2.43 download from mega in Prerequisites.

Moved the ESM.

So I did again Relinker and DynDOLOD and it seem to be working! At least the character creation menu. Thanks.

It was the re-run of DynDOLOD that fixed the error I was just talking about - Relinker doesn't touch the DynDOLOD files at all, though it's good you have to correct version now.