Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hi, I just wanted to report an odd issue I have encountered.

It is likely only on my end since no one else seems to have posted it yet, although similar issues with the weather merge have been reported.

Tracking a CTD on main menu by the process of elimination, singled out Lightning During Thunderstorms (Minty Lightning) in the Weather Systems Merged.esp.

For some reason I did had to exclude the mod from both the merged patch and the load order. It did cause a crash on the main menu and yes, I am sure I renamed the file as instructed. Meanwhile, SSE loaded the entire order correctly and no master files are missing.

Did anyone else encounter something similar? I did search the thread and someone reported something similar but with obsidian included in the merge.

I just ended up with the exact same conclusion.  Narrowed the full load down to Weather Systems Merged, then narrowed the merged mods there down to Minty Lightning.  Like you, I was sure to rename the ESP as suggested in the guide.  Tried redownloading and reinstalling all mods in the merge and still had the same issue.  Removing Minty Lightning from Weather Systems Merged allowed me to actually have the main menu fully load, otherwise it will always CTD.

I just ended up with the exact same conclusion.  Narrowed the full load down to Weather Systems Merged, then narrowed the merged mods there down to Minty Lightning.  Like you, I was sure to rename the ESP as suggested in the guide.  Tried redownloading and reinstalling all mods in the merge and still had the same issue.  Removing Minty Lightning from Weather Systems Merged allowed me to actually have the main menu fully load, otherwise it will always CTD.

Check your relinker version. That sounds EXACTLY like what happened to me and a few others. If you have version 44 it ctds with Minty. Use version 40 and it works.

Check relinker version make sure you are using 40 like I have said numerous times also make sure you rename LightngDuringStorm.esp --> MintyLightningMod.esp before merging

Lexy -

Watching discord for a few days now, and the OMEGA update for this guide appears to be relatively close. I know you aren't gonna be able to pin down anything exact, but as I am now at the point in my CTD troubleshooting of starting the whole guide from scratch, I wanted to see if you had a better time-line for that change... if I'm gonna be doing all this redownloading and what not, I don't want to have to redo it again almost immediately, if you get where I'm coming from.

Hello, A big TY first for this great work !

I got a small (noob's) problem in the last update with the Manual SSEEdit Cleaning Required for unflagging Obsidian Weathers And Seasons - Beyond Skyrim Bruma Patch from esl To esp.

I dont inderstand "Right click on Record Tag in the File Header and untick the ESL checkbox"

I can edit the tag but dont find a checkbox to untick.

Hello, A big TY first for this great work !

I got a small (noob's) problem in the last update with the Manual SSEEdit Cleaning Required for unflagging Obsidian Weathers And Seasons - Beyond Skyrim Bruma Patch from esl To esp.

I dont inderstand "Right click on Record Tag in the File Header and untick the ESL checkbox"

I can edit the tag but dont find a checkbox to untick.

When you load this plugin with all the masters required in xedit, firstly when loaded, right click and select none. When clear, re-click "Obsidian Weathers And Seasons - Beyond Skyrim Bruma Patch" only. When loaded click on the + sign in the left pane next to it to expanded it. On file header click on it and in right pane right click Record flags, edit AND YOU SHOULD see a list of click boxes i.e at the top ESM, localized, esl and ignored. Simply uncheck the ESL tick box.......if you DON'T have any boxes, try reinstalling that mod again as they ARE DEFINITELY there.....i did this earlier today ::P:

• +1 1

I disagree with most about EFF in that I don't miss it, I hate all that silent dialogue, sorry, no going back to Morrowind for me... Bijin for SSE is great news, Mature Skin is great but hasn't aged so well (no pun intended), considering the ultra-hi res setups some people have, I was glad to replace it with Bijin. If anyone cares to try Demoniac, it has options based on Mature and you do NOT have to use the glossy/oily/wet/goosebumpsy options: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19355

And yes, when talking about Vivid Weathers you hit a soft spot with me, although I'm enjoying Obsidian immensely, I always miss something from VW. I'm sure I'm going to test it next modding run with the newer ENB effects that may get along better with it, but to tell you the truth I'd never really have appreciated Obsidian if I hadn't stuck with it for now over 200 hours of playthrough. Testing for five minutes and switching back is what kept me from giving it a chance for months even after the guide made the move.

Lexy -

Watching discord for a few days now, and the OMEGA update for this guide appears to be relatively close. I know you aren't gonna be able to pin down anything exact, but as I am now at the point in my CTD troubleshooting of starting the whole guide from scratch, I wanted to see if you had a better time-line for that change... if I'm gonna be doing all this redownloading and what not, I don't want to have to redo it again almost immediately, if you get where I'm coming from.

I am waiting on Jack to come back to me on a few bits an bobs then I plan to start rolling Out OMEGA I reckon a few more weeks still.

Oh fun... Lexy's gonna have SO much fun getting this in... although as one post mentioned, it might be possible to use the textures of Red Rocks with the other portions of Majestic and get a good blend. Dev team! POST! (Navy training showing there... means "Report for instructions".... sorta.)

Lexy or dev team hi! Coming up to the section of Landscape and Enviroment...and wondered if you have made any thoughts, in regards to the above mentioned mod

Check relinker version make sure you are using 40 like I have said numerous times also make sure you rename LightngDuringStorm.esp --> MintyLightningMod.esp before merging

Shoot, I'm sorry, I missed that.  I searched and found Sekhmet3713's issue and then a quoted response to that, but stopped there.  I did in fact have version 44 installed, so I will try rolling back to 40 and see if I can fix it.

I appreciate you taking the time to not only make this guide but come help noobs like me with our questions, thanks!