Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hi Lexy,

I was applying the changelog for "Cutting Room Floor - No Snow Under the Roof".

Following the instructions I uploaded the esp to SSEdit.
When loading, report this error:

00:03] Background Loader: [Dawnstar.esp] EditorID index built

[00:03] Background Loader: [Dawnstar.esp] Processing completed
[00:03] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp" requires master "Dawnstar.esp" to be loaded before it.>
[00:07] Background Loader: finished

What can it be?

Hi Lexy,

I was applying the changelog for "Cutting Room Floor - No Snow Under the Roof".

Following the instructions I uploaded the esp to SSEdit.
When loading, report this error:

00:03] Background Loader: [Dawnstar.esp] EditorID index built

[00:03] Background Loader: [Dawnstar.esp] Processing completed
[00:03] Background Loader: Fatal:
[00:07] Background Loader: finished

What can it be?

well, Obviously you need to move Dawnstar before Dawnstar.esp before Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp. Also if you already have Cutting Room Floor - No Snow Under the Roof v1.6.1 you actually don't need to update as nothing changed except the mod is now flagged as an ESL.

What's the best way to update the game to follow along with the guide? Just check out the change-log and do everything mentioned in there, then rebuild all the patches?

Something to that effect, yes. If it's a more extensive changelog, some of the merges that need to be redone sometimes get missed, so pay more attention to that, but otherwise, that's about it.

Hello

Considering I be buying a new SSD drive soon, does anyone have an estimate of how much disk space Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition would take up along with a full play through of saves (without overwriting saves) would take up?

Thanks

The mod list itself is around 80 to 90 GB, depending on resolutions and such. Maybe bigger if you add in any of your own flavoring. The game is another 17 or so IIRC, and the saves are negligible. So call it 110 - 120 or so GB all told. If you keep the downloads, you can about double that, of course. :)

Edited by Shadriss
  • +1 1

Hello

Considering I be buying a new SSD drive soon, does anyone have an estimate of how much disk space Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition would take up along with a full play through of saves (without overwriting saves) would take up?

Thanks

I don't follow strictly Lexy's guide but for me the situation is as follows:

Steam is installed on separate SSD (500 GB); SSE uses around 13 GB.

MO2 is installed as portable instance on the same SSD. All my installed mods use around 100 GB. I keep the MO2 Downloads folder on separate drive.

So if you plan to play only Skyrim SE I guess a 250 GB SSD should be fine. But better get a bigger one. The more the merry :)

Thanks for the mention on that, Lexy - Fortunately, a lot of the guide does not have to be in the EXACT order shown, so I was able to work around that yesterday. Should make it easier on new adherents to the guide though.

yeah Since I already had XP32 installed I didn't notice the change in the UNPB Blessed fomod until to was mentioned to me lucky is a was very easy tweak.

*shrug* What can you do, right?

I'd ask about this in Discord, but I'm at work ATM (well... what passes for work when you are a Work Study...). Everything still on track for the OMEGA roll out this weekend? I've just about got the current version of the guide downloaded completely, but I don't plan to start making merges and the like until after that happens and I adjust the LO to match the upcoming one.

Also, noted that one of the mod suggestions (Daedric Realms) on Trello was archived instead of rejected or what not - any particular reason for that? Usually it's pretty clear one way or the other. No stake it that mod one way or the other - simply curious.

Similarly, I note that Ultimate Combat has been accepted, but no link to the mod is provided - what is this, and is it replacing anything currently in the guide (Wildcat/Vigor)?

Edited by Shadriss

*shrug* What can you do, right?

I'd ask about this in Discord, but I'm at work ATM (well... what passes for work when you are a Work Study...). Everything still on track for the OMEGA roll out this weekend? I've just about got the current version of the guide downloaded completely, but I don't plan to start making merges and the like until after that happens and I adjust the LO to match the upcoming one.

Also, noted that one of the mod suggestions (Daedric Realms) on Trello was archived instead of rejected or what not - any particular reason for that? Usually it's pretty clear one way or the other. No stake it that mod one way or the other - simply curious.

Similarly, I note that Ultimate Combat has been accepted, but no link to the mod is provided - what is this, and is it replacing anything currently in the guide (Wildcat/Vigor)?

yes, everything is on track for OMEGA this weekend. The Daedric Realms I archived was a copy of one that in testing. Ultimate combat https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17196 has been recommended by Jack to go alongside Wildcat and vigor needs to load after Wildcat and there some tweak to be done in the MCM cos they do overlap.

Ahhhh. Thanks for the update. Was trolling through trello (three times fast anyone?) when I saw the changes to Ultimate. FIgured I'd come back to see if you said anything. :) 

EDIT:

After looking through it, I do see a bunch of nice things there - any hints as to which portions we are or aren't going to be making use of? It's hard to make out because of the broken English in the description, but it would appear to be fairly modular on it's effects.

Edited by Shadriss

Ahhhh. Thanks for the update. Was trolling through trello (three times fast anyone?) when I saw the changes to Ultimate. FIgured I'd come back to see if you said anything. :) 

EDIT:

After looking through it, I do see a bunch of nice things there - any hints as to which portions we are or aren't going to be making use of? It's hard to make out because of the broken English in the description, but it would appear to be fairly modular on it's effects.

If you Look on Jack's OMEGA page there is a text doc with his current MCM Settings.