Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

@ Shadriss - yeah, that is fair enough I was not thinking about the crafting issue. 

I never liked experience being tied in any way to kills personally and always thought it being to skills and their use was quite innovative on Bethesda's part.  They just needed to separate crafting skills from that entirely... and have many more skills in general.  As well, a world that isn't completely tied to the level of the PC can help.

So I can see the use for Experience then.  I still think it's not my ideal solution, nor that big a problem to begin with, thus not really worth the effort of trying to integrate it and balance against the Skill Uncapper AND Level Rate Rebalance personally but hey, different strokes.

Finding a balance with Skill uncapper isn't necessary since "Experience" has is own skill cap option related to level, we only need to find balance between Experience and Level Rate Rebalance.

@ Shadriss - yeah, that is fair enough I was not thinking about the crafting issue. 

I never liked experience being tied in any way to kills personally and always thought it being to skills and their use was quite innovative on Bethesda's part.  They just needed to separate crafting skills from that entirely... and have many more skills in general.  As well, a world that isn't completely tied to the level of the PC can help.

So I can see the use for Experience then.  I still think it's not my ideal solution, nor that big a problem to begin with, thus not really worth the effort of trying to integrate it and balance against the Skill Uncapper AND Level Rate Rebalance personally but hey, different strokes.

Finding a balance with Skill uncapper isn't necessary since "Experience" has is own skill cap option related to level, we only need to find balance between Experience and Level Rate Rebalance.

You keep bringing up Level Rate Rebalance - did I miss something and this got added to the Guide recently? Or is it somehow integrated into OMEGA? The closest I've seen is a recommendation to add it to the guide, I think - if it's not there, then why are we discussing it as if it were? I'm pretty sure I don't have that in my lineup, and I'm not trying to 'balance' anything against anything else - so far as I'm concerned, it's plug and play, fire and forget, etc. Apart from making sure I have it turned off for initial character gen, I've not seen any need to tweak it apart from my Kill XP change.

Baron, to your post specifically, there's no reason to turn on the Kill XP if you don't want to - it's off by default anyhow. At that point, level would be driven purely by exploration and quest completion, which isn't bad either. As myself, CrazyJoe, and Tyrindor have been going around on, it's mostly a question of personal preference. The skill cap option that Joe mentions does not, I think, obviate the Uncapper in Omega - it just changes one aspect, that being that, for any given level, you cannot skill up a skill above (I think) LVL + 28 (by default). I don't think it mandates an upper limit overall, and that would be where the Uncapper comes in (as well as XP/Level rates, as I understand it). Also, with the Omega version of the guide, as I've mentioned previously, the world ISN'T tied to player level anymore - that's kind of the center of the discussion we were having originally.

With the world unleveled through OMEGA, your levels untied from skill-ups (thank heavens), and Uncapper setting the leveling rate (IE, XP per Level), the three work together pretty well. I've really enjoyed the experience (pun fully intended), and though the discussion might look pretty evil, it's really us working out a kind of baseline, I think. At this point, it's pretty clear they are looking for a far more difficult game than I am, and that's fine... I'm a more casual player, not one looking for Dark Souls levels of punishment. 

Edited by Shadriss

You keep bringing up Level Rate Rebalance - did I miss something and this got added to the Guide recently? Or is it somehow integrated into OMEGA? The closest I've seen is a recommendation to add it to the guide, I think - if it's not there, then why are we discussing it as if it were? I'm pretty sure I don't have that in my lineup, and I'm not trying to 'balance' anything against anything else - so far as I'm concerned, it's plug and play, fire and forget, etc. Apart from making sure I have it turned off for initial character gen, I've not seen any need to tweak it apart from my Kill XP change.

No it isn't, I'm using it by personal preference only and I try to answer his questions on that matter, that's all.

Well, what I will do is release the update experence.ini file on is discord ask for feedback before I add to the guide.

There's one floating around in there already... can't remember whose it was, but he's made it available to anyone who wants to take a look. Not sure how close to the default it was, but I'm pretty sure it's turned on Kill XP and altered a few other values as well. Regardless, I'll take a good hard look at it when you post a recommendation. 

No it isn't, I'm using it by personal preference only and I try to answer his questions on that matter, that's all.

Roger that - as I said, just making sure I wasn't missing something here. I'm still running the SKSE 2.0.8 version of the guide and associated mods, and haven't updated Post-STEP Meltdown. :)

Technically the guide hasn't been in "BETA" for a long time everything work and is stable but I haven't removed that notice mostly cos I am lazy.

I finished the second half of the guide when STEP was offline using archives that people on Discord shared. I had zero errors in the Finishing Line section of the guide so no idea what is causing so many crashes in my configuration. I obviously screwed something up because my configuration is unstable. I am going to enable papyrus logging and review the logs tonight to see if I can identify what scripts are causing the crashes.

I have aother problem I haven’t mention yet. When it rains instead of the expected rain graphics the rain is displaying as white ribbons about a centimeter in width. It makes the game unplayable when it’s raining because the screen is flickering large swaths of white.

I finished the second half of the guide when STEP was offline using archives that people on Discord shared. I had zero errors in the Finishing Line section of the guide so no idea what is causing so many crashes in my configuration. I obviously screwed something up because my configuration is unstable. I am going to enable papyrus logging and review the logs tonight to see if I can identify what scripts are causing the crashes.

I have aother problem I haven’t mention yet. When it rains instead of the expected rain graphics the rain is displaying as white ribbons about a centimeter in width. It makes the game unplayable when it’s raining because the screen is flickering large swaths of white.

that cos the shader particle is being overwritten are you using my SMASH Override and Main CR?

that cos the shader particle is being overwritten are you using my SMASH Override and Main CR?

CR is an acronym for what? I work in software configuration management so I automatically think Change Request when I see CR. I am using your Smash override.

Edited by Rescorla

CR is an acronym for what? I work in software configuration management so I automatically think Change Request when I see CR. I am using your Smash override.

CR is shorthand for Conflict Resolution.

if you are using my SMASH Overwrite that is winning the shader particle conflict mmmm dod you rename the [Lightning During Storms Sse (Minty lightning) plugin?

I am sitting at 216 active plugins.

Awesome that is way lower then i was expecting. Well guess i know what i will be doing the next few days lol

So did you not install skill uncapper and just install level re balance and experience? I know for sure i will be using experience as i always level smithing (i only wear armor i create or if its a unique armor i have to temper it to equip it) and hate it increases my level so much.