Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Thanks Lexy! I did ensure that I had the Merge Plugins setup exactly like the screen shots. Based on what you and Altair have kindly told me, it looks like BSA extracting is my weak spot and I may have gone a little haywire there  :blush:  I will get to work on fixing up those merges and making sure my BSAs are extracted in the right places. I'm now quite confident that's the issue.

Thanks both of you for your assistance!  :unworthy:  I'll update soon if/when things are fixed in case anyone else is having BSA issues.

Like I said before - never do serious modding when sleep deprived! :D

I only now noticed that MergePlugins will in fact give you a warning that one of the plugins you want to merge has a BSA, by way of an icon next to the name (don´t remember what it locked like), and yeah, I forgot to extract a BSA...

Interesting I have never seen this issue before when you press the * key to bring up the ENB FPS counter it automatically applies the TCL console command.

Edit: Correction it seem to be applying TFC (Toggle Free Camera) more to this when you bring up the console command it shows tfc 1.

this little bug is quite annoying i can't think what mod is causing it is no one else having this issue?

Edit: found it (that was fairly painless) it looks like opparco mfg Command for SSE https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12919? was causing it. Obviously Darth installed it to aid with his CRing I have informed the mod author

Hey guys I'm a veteran modder who has had a fantastic time building and testing this setup based around my favorite mod ever (Legacy of the Dragonborn) and it blows my mind that people have taken the time to put this guide together considering the amount of work that involves. These authors are the best and I'm so pumped to get a real playthrough started, but I've recently run into a problem that is driving me up the wall because I simply can't figure out how to fix it. I'm really hoping I'm just making a stupid mistake somewhere. (P.S. I'm following the guide to the letter so that is my mod list, with LOOT determining load order.)

I've finished the main guide, meaning I've installed everything in it (and am updating it daily), and it's running quite stable except for one major issue I've just now realized: a LOT of the merged .esps are failing to fully activate in-game. Example: the Heads-Up Display Merge has A Matter of Time, iHUD, and Lock Overhaul. So I merge the three mods (I'm no stranger to Merge Plugins), add the new merged .esp to the order and place it in its spot, activate it, and then deactivate the three original mods. Upon loading the game (with Heads-Up Display.esp active), Lock Overhaul is active and shows an MCM as it should. However, neither AMoT nor iHUD are functional and there are no MCMs for them.

My first thought was that Merge Plugins missed some files that needed to be manually added to the merged .esp (like the reminder in the guide says), but AMoT and iHUD have nothing but .esp, .bsa, and the meta.ini. All three .esp.merged files correctly show in the >merge>plugins folder of the Heads-Up Display merged mod, and I think both their .bsas are in the right place with the merged .esp. Am I correct that there's nothing to add? Is that the wrong setup for the merged mod?

Here's where it gets weird though: I loaded the game with the merged .esp as well as the individual ones. Of course, normally you wouldn't do this because it defeats the purpose of a merge, but I wanted to see what happened. Maybe I could force their MCMs and then remove the old single .esps and be good to go? Sure enough, not only do AMoT and iHUD activate in this case, but they each have duplicate MCMs! So the game detects that there are two instances of the mod at that point, which is correct (one from the merged .esp and one from the original single .esp that should be able to be deactivated). But if I remove the individual .esps and run with just the Heads-Up Display merged .esp, AMoT and iHUD disappear again!

So I guess the TL;DR is that I have a number of mods that will only activate in-game with their original non-merged .esps. If they are part of a merge, they are not activating. Majestic Mountains is another example. No matter what I do with the Landscape Environment and Clutter merge, the only way to get Majestic Mountains to work in-game is to re-activate the old single .esps, which makes merging pointless (in that case all the necessary textures look to be in the right place in the merged mod, so what is missing?). Is there manual work that I have to do after Merge Plugins makes the merge? Am I missing files?

Please somebody just come along and say "you just have to do this, you moron" so I can get on with this, because I think I'm losing my mind  :bye_sad:

Confirming that this issue has been resolved.

1. Make sure you're extracting your BSAs in the right place. That would be the folder of the mod where the BSA came from. Delete the BSA afterwards.

2. Make sure that any mod that will be part of a merge and has a BSA has been extracted properly so the files transfer.

Thanks again!

Edited by BurdenCarrier444

Confirming that this issue has been resolved.

1. Make sure you're extracting your BSAs in the right place. That would be the folder of the mod where the BSA came from. Delete the BSA afterwards.

2. Make sure that any mod that will be part of a merge and has a BSA has been extracted properly so the files transfer.

Thanks again!

I don't want sound too rude here but I thought this was obvious. I purpose I could add some sort of idiot check (Oh God Darth and techie nonsense has rubbed off on me).

Finally ended the guide. After initial problem with LOOT, it sorted my list and the game starts. Only things right now are some random purple tall trees (think I know how to solve those) and vanilla start not working for me, which I thought was due to Helgen reborn, however I tried unticking Helgen reborn and all esps using it as master and still get the same thing happening:

After the cart ride, the officers take your name. Then a female officer walks toward the guy on the horse and pushes him and the horse back while he´s talking:

"You started this war.. bla bla bla"

and then after

"Nothing. Carry on."

some event is supposed to be triggered, but isn´t. Everyone just stand silent doing nothing.

This is not a biggie, tried some alternative starts and no problems with those so far. 

Since I´m not good at advance modding, I´ll play through as much as I can for fun until the CR is up :)

Thanks again for the har dwork put into this, the game looks great now.

Finally ended the guide. After initial problem with LOOT, it sorted my list and the game starts. Only things right now are some random purple tall trees (think I know how to solve those) and vanilla start not working for me, which I thought was due to Helgen reborn, however I tried unticking Helgen reborn and all esps using it as master and still get the same thing happening:

After the cart ride, the officers take your name. Then a female officer walks toward the guy on the horse and pushes him and the horse back while he´s talking:

"You started this war.. bla bla bla"

and then after

"Nothing. Carry on."

some event is supposed to be triggered, but isn´t. Everyone just stand silent doing nothing.

This is not a biggie, tried some alternative starts and no problems with those so far. 

Since I´m not good at advance modding, I´ll play through as much as I can for fun until the CR is up :)

Thanks again for the har dwork put into this, the game looks great now.

OK the purple textures are missing assets make sure all the trees and flora mods left activate in the Left pane as you didn't copy when you did the trees and flora merge.

I have not done the vanilla start in such a long time the Cart ride was alway quite buggy. ASAL should be compatible of the box should you don;'t need to deactivate Helgen Reborn. Both me a Darth will be look over the CR this week (Darth lost a whole day yesterday so helping him catch up again).

Edit: Interesting you are indeed correct about the vanilla start I'll look into it.

I don't believe this now even I have cocked up the CR and it won't open in xedit trying to do this conflict:

XX01AE24 OBISFaction

XX = Index of OBIS.esp
Conflict Resolution: Use record from OBIS.esp then right-click on the Relations line and click Add. Right-click the newly created Faction entry and select Edit. Paste "ARTHLALBanditVampireFaction [FACT:YY0189E8]" where YY = Index of Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp and click [OK]. Right-click the newly created Group Combat Reaction entry and select Edit. Type "Ally" then click [OK].
Problem Resolved: Organized Bandits In Skyrim added bandits attacked the player if using the bandit alternate start.

I stupidly exited saved and now it has a NULL Reference for a Master which means i can't do a sodding thing about it :wallbash: :crash:

I don't want sound too rude here but I thought this was obvious. I purpose I could add some sort of idiot check (Oh God Darth and techie nonsense has rubbed off on me).

Lol, okay wait, now I'm confused. I have Merge Plugins set to copy general assets. For mods whose BSAs I unpacked and then merged, I generally move the mod's esp to optional and leave the mod itself checked in left pane (I thought that was what you were supposed to do).

Is that correct? Or should I not have to have them active at all in left pane if general assets were copied to the merge?

My own personal "idiot check" here...

Lol, okay wait, now I'm confused. I have Merge Plugins set to copy general assets. For mods whose BSAs I unpacked and then merged, I generally move the mod's esp to optional and leave the mod itself checked in left pane (I thought that was what you were supposed to do).

Is that correct? Or should I not have to have them active at all in left pane if general assets were copied to the merge?

My own personal "idiot check" here...

if the general assets were copied then the original mods can be deactivated the only exceptions to this rule is the Trees and Flora merge since you shouldn't be copying general assets (that on is similar to the NPC Retextures)

Your way is actually perfectly fine all that would happen is the merges would overwrite the original mods assets.

if the general assets were copied then the original mods can be deactivated the only exceptions to this rule is the Trees and Flora merge since you shouldn't be copying general assets (that on is similar to the NPC Retextures)

Your way is actually perfectly fine all that would happen is the merges would overwrite the original mods assets.

Thank you, Lexy. If Merge Plugins was set to copy general assets during the Trees/Flora Merge should I go back and redo the merge with that unchecked?

Edited by Tzefira

Thank you, Lexy. If Merge Plugins was set to copy general assets during the Trees/Flora Merge should I go back and redo the merge with that unchecked?

if you followed the guide and copied the esps to there own folder then the assets wouldn't of been copied. you will know becuase there would be no textures or meshes in that merge.

if you followed the guide and copied the esps to there own folder then the assets wouldn't of been copied. you will know becuase there would be no textures or meshes in that merge.

Yes, I made a new folder. 

Okay, so all the merges that had new folders made with just the esps copied need to have their original left panes kept checked (if assets are in there) with esps moved to optional then. If no new folder, can leave esp as is and just uncheck in left pane. Got it.

Starting from the Inn in Riverwood, I never seem to get there in time to help Aela and Co slay the Giant. She gives me beef about it even though I weren´t even there, lol :)

Not a high priority to fix, it just feels a bit off, but wanted to report it, obviously something is wack either with player speed or game time, or maybe an event is just triggered too early(?). Or its´the combat overhaul making them stronger, and therefor finishing him off early? That´s it, isn´t it?

Do let me know if reporting weird bugs is desired at all. I´m sure you guys know the game inside out and know what needs fixing..

---

and I wish this existed for UNP:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2977?tab=description

Edited by theApe