Still "failed to allocate memory" even though I've done everything

ExclusiveBFS

Question

I had a skyrim with 200+ mods working flawless back in last summer, so I wanted to do something like that again, but this time with a guide so I tried Neovalen's srle first (without enb) but it kept giving me CTDs, like every 3 mins. Then I removed everyting and made a clean skyrim installation again and I tried Darth Mathias' srle lotd but kept getting the same errors and it was even worse.

So I checked a bit and tweaked my INIs, used enboost, ssme etc and tried mostly every setting. Nothing changed. So I tried to remove some mods but still there was that error. If I have to describe in which situations it happens, I spawn 500 guards all at once and make myself 100 times faster and run around whiterun exteriors and game works perfectly fine, but when I run at normal speed on the plains of rorikstead it says skyrim has failed to allocate memory. So it's probably random, but mostly happens while running.

I even deactivated almost half of the mods but it still happens. I'm on windows 10 x64, i've got 8gbs of ram and fx6300, hd7790. 

So I'd attach something here but I don't know which file is important for you guys to know and which one is not.

Edit; I think this might be important:

[spoiler=CrashFixPluginLog.txt]17 Jan 00:24:21 Skyrim has failed to allocate memory! Possibly running out of memory. Size / alignment of object being allocated was 5592560 / 0. Some things you can try:

1. Make sure ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true is set in enblocal.ini - if you don't have ENB then install ENBoost and enable this option.

2. Try set AlignHeapAllocate=0 in CrashFixPlugin.ini - if you get additional crashes then put back to 1.

3. If it's during ShowRaceMenu then close the menu from time to time to free memory.

4. Enable CustomMemoryBlock in CrashFixPlugin.ini to reduce memory fragmentation.

5. If it's during ShowRaceMenu then disable UseOSAllocators=1 and re-enable after character creation is completed.

17 Jan 17:24:34 Skyrim has failed to allocate memory! Possibly running out of memory. Size / alignment of object being allocated was 5592560 / 0. Some things you can try:

1. Make sure ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true is set in enblocal.ini - if you don't have ENB then install ENBoost and enable this option.

2. Try set AlignHeapAllocate=0 in CrashFixPlugin.ini - if you get additional crashes then put back to 1.

3. If it's during ShowRaceMenu then close the menu from time to time to free memory.

4. Enable CustomMemoryBlock in CrashFixPlugin.ini to reduce memory fragmentation.

5. If it's during ShowRaceMenu then disable UseOSAllocators=1 and re-enable after character creation is completed.

17 Jan 17:58:25 Skyrim has failed to allocate memory! Possibly running out of memory. Size / alignment of object being allocated was 16777392 / 0. Some things you can try:

17 Jan 18:08:40 Skyrim has failed to allocate memory! Possibly running out of memory. Size / alignment of object being allocated was 5592608 / 0. Some things you can try:

17 Jan 19:30:50 Skyrim has failed to allocate memory! Possibly running out of memory. Size / alignment of object being allocated was 5592640 / 0. Some things you can try:

17 Jan 23:19:37 Skyrim has failed to allocate memory! Possibly running out of memory. Size / alignment of object being allocated was 5592608 / 0. Some things you can try:

18 Jan 19:06:27 Skyrim has failed to allocate memory! Possibly running out of memory. Size / alignment of object being allocated was 11184992 / 0. Some things you can try:

18 Jan 19:50:59 Skyrim has failed to allocate memory! Possibly running out of memory. Size / alignment of object being allocated was 22369824 / 16. Some things you can try:

18 Jan 22:36:43 Skyrim has failed to allocate memory! Possibly running out of memory. Size / alignment of object being allocated was 11184952 / 16. Some things you can try:

Edited by ExclusiveBFS

5 answers to this question

Yes my GTX 580 has 1.5gb and without enboost I can *only* get from red rocket to the brahmin being sucked dry by the bloodbugs (about 15secs) before ctd tested multiple times using nvinspector's monitoring, it's like clockwork. With enboost I get avg 45-55fps outside using 1920x1080 w/ HBAO TAA but UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true in enblocal, it's a good trade off because i've had 0 stutter so far.

SSE must be similar so i'd defintely be ensuring enboost is working efficiently and VideoMemorySizeMb=2560 is set correctly.

Edited by L1Qu1D1