38 replies to this topic

#16 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,278 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

LOOT isn't really designed for FO3. It may provide an order that works optimally but it may also provide a working order different to the first one that doesn't work quite as well.

Why don't you post your modlist and plugin list in spoiler tags here and let us see if we can manually adjust things.

#17 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

Okay, heres what LOOT says. Note I'm not finished with the guide, so it ends near the end of the weapons section. Also, I'll be trying the FWE recommended order shortly

Edited by GrantSP, 31 January 2018 - 01:13 AM.
Added spoiler tags

#18 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:24 PM

note everything 31 and under is an esm so I cant move darnified ui back

#19 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

It also seems like having around 163 plugins causes a black screen with music after the please stand by screen.

this topic talks about it http://forum.step-pr...ack#entry202743

Im hoping this is just a load order problem

#20 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:40 AM

Well, the 160ish limit is not a load order problem, and its either caused by NVAC, Fallout Stutter Remover, or Darnified UI and UIO

or its inherent to the system

#21 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:44 AM

I use NVAC, Darnified UI, UIO and (until the Fall Creators Update of Win 10) FSR. I don't have a plugin limit problem. For those that do have this problem the Merge Plugins utility can be used to reduce the number of plugins. The FO3 guide will add some material on merging including recommendations on what to merge.

By the way, proper use of the forums is to post a problem or issue in only one thread. For your problem this is the proper place. The General Feedback thread is about questions and issues with the guide, not with FO3 itself or mods unless there are issues with the guide material on these.

#22 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:54 AM

Ok, its definitley not Darnified or UIO, I disabled those and made 200 copy's of a water bottle esp, and the system crashes without NVAC or Fallout Stutter Remover, SO I guess It's inherent to the system. Might be that I;m not running in comparability mode, but it crashes when I turn that on. I'm probably going to need to merge 190ish isp's (around how many are in the clear and present danger guide) to below 140.

Thanks for the reply, Kelmych, and yeah, while merging would solve the problem, I;m going to poke around and see if I can find the root cause

edit- its not combatability modes

its not FOSE

#23 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:59 AM

I don't use compatibility mode either. Several users have reported the problem, but I have no idea why some users find problems when their plugin count exceeds some seemingly arbitrary value.

#24 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:32 AM

Interestingly, when I had did a clean install and didn’t use the games for windows live disabler, it didn’t have a problem getting past the 200 dummy esps I made, but when I restored my load order and ugh the restore backup option on mod organizer, it came back

#25 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:42 AM

Here’s what I got- unmodified fallout folder with 200 dummy esps works, unmodified fallout folder with actual mods fails, and 200 dummy esps with games for windows live disabler fails

Edited by Spacebadger, 31 January 2018 - 01:43 AM.

#26 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:52 AM

All ui mods off, it works
I think I’m onto something
Turning darnified on breaks it

Edited by Spacebadger, 31 January 2018 - 01:50 AM.

#27 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:15 AM

Fixed by disabling options folder in darnified and darnified for FWE, now crashing at new game, but im pretty sure that has something to do with the completed lack of menu options (they’re still there, just only get the outline box), will report back after reinstalling, (I’m pretty sure I caused the missing text thing)
140 mod limit is still out there , btw I tried the games for windows live again and didn’t hide the live button and it worked. I think it has something to do with things that change the main menu

#28 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:20 AM

As mentioned in the guide, you need to be very careful whenever changing which mods are active in the initial UI section, especially Darnified UI. You need to understand how UIO works if you want the menus to work properly after making changes. Darnified UI for FWE is intentionally the last UI mod that changes Menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml before UIO is installed.

#29 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:36 AM

Deleted mod organizer INIs, made new ones, got font and game laods
Any reported bugs of the fathers mdoel in the birth cutscene moving weirdly?
I didnt change what was active, I disabled the start menu xml’s in the darnified mods
Got a freeze when exiting alternate start

#30 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:05 AM

Well hole ****, fixed the 140 mod problem. Completely reinstalled UIO, Darnified, and darnified FWE, deleted mod organizer INIs, fresh fallout install, modified INIs to work with darnified and put in profile folder, and it works, no 140 mod or 160 mod problem. Btw, what kind of mod would cause my pistol reload to be all wonky (empty cartridge goes through head), could be related to father animation bug in birth scene plus death animation where camera goes inside body

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mod, limit, 144, 143, texture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users