• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ArgosVI

ArgosVI

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

Hi! I´m asking for some help with my SkyrimSE-ModOrganizer2 installation. Here is my modwatch: https://modwat.ch/u/ArgosVI/modlist (HeavilyModded, as you can see). I´ve installed all mods following a guide and it´s not my first time using MO2. The issue with my game, as the title says is that I can´t get it to load Texture or Sounds mods (Like Verdant/inmersive sounds/Stunning statues of Skyrim/UNPbodies), while it does load other mods (Alternate start/FollowerMods/Jk Whiterun). Installing them manually does solve the issue, clearly. An odd thing is that Majestic Mountains does appear in the game (Maybe because is a .bsa mod?).

To take in consideration:

-Steam is not installed in any program files directory

-I am running Mod organizer as admin

-I am running SKSE from MO2

-In the case of verdant, I´ve modified the Inis accordingly and it appears the mod is loading, but not the textures (No grass, which means transparent grass?)

Any Ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Edited by ArgosVI, 03 February 2018 - 02:40 PM.

#2 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

Could you please post your logs, inside spoiler tags, so we can see what is/isn't happening.

#3 ArgosVI

ArgosVI

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:53 PM

Mod Organizer log?

Thnks for the quick response!

ModOrganizer2 Latest Log

#4 ArgosVI

ArgosVI

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:05 PM

Or the mo_interface log? This one seems more useful? lol

Mo_interface
,>

#5 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:09 PM

Two things to take note of:

1. MO should never have to be run as admin
  2. MO should not be installed into the game folder

In fact that second point has, especially in Fallout 4 modded games, been shown to interfere with the use of some mods. It may indeed be the reason for your issues.

Aside from that there is nothing in the logs that leap out at me to show why you have some mods not triggering. There are a few errors listed which may be due to your using Windows 7. Are you sure you have installed all the dependencies for MO?

#6 ArgosVI

ArgosVI

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:36 AM

I´ve moved MO from the game´s directory (And it´s main path for the installed mods), uninstalled and installed again the dependencies (VC redistributable 2013 & 2017 x64/x86) and removed the "Run as admin" from the executable. Same result. I´m checking the shrines (Shrine mod), statues (Stunning statues) and the precence of grass (Verdant). Still the same, no grass and cainilla textures. Any other idea? Thanks again for the atention btw

#7 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:02 AM

Well the most obvious thing would be mod conflicts. Perhaps your mod order is in need of a check?

You can also check with MO's conflict resolution tools to see what, if anything, is overwriting those textures. However since some of those mods use plugins to load those textures it may not be as straight-forward as that.

It could also be certain meshes might have hard-coded texture paths in them and therefore the game is using those textures, but as I said before any plugin loading would mean it is a tricky thing to track down.

#8 ErikSmith

ErikSmith

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

Hi there, I had your same problem and I think I solved it (in fact I created an account just to help you out!).

Basically, I read somewhere (as @The antipodean mentioned) that texture paths are hard coded. Basically, what this involves is (in my opinion) that MO doesn't see any virtual folder that is actually not there in the game folder. For example, I had no modded textures until I manually created the folder "textures" inside my Skyrim/Data folder. I left that folder empty because MO then works as intended.

I'm also trying to make that work with sounds (Immersive sounds - compendium for example uses custom wpn_is folder for weapon sounds and coincidentally I'm missing weapon sounds) but since Sounds have an IMMENSE amount of sub folders I'm not sure it's worth the effort. I'm testing how deep I have to recreate the virtual directories to actually make MO load the files as intended.

TL;DR // you need to create the folders of your mod path inside the real Skyrim/Data folder, otherwise MO won't load the files. You can leave those folders empty. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: textures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users