An example of why pirated games are not supported by STEP.

aqwimage

Question

The original title set by this user was: "Mod Organizer 2 Textures not working" however as I've pinned this as an example of why cracked games are not a viable alternative for gamers, aside from the legal/moral issue, I'll edit this first post for posterity's sake.

This whole thread was conducted to provide verifiable proof of why cracked games are not just the game minus any DRM support. They can contain bad code that may play badly with all manner of things inside your game and, as shown here, mess with how other tools work with the game assets.

This user, in the end, relented and purchased the game legally, for which they should be commended. It is all too easy to fall into a laissez faire attitude and not make changes.

Anyone that reads this and thinks piracy is okay needs to re-evaluate that stance on a number of levels.

So let's get the questions you will ask out of the way (most of them i hope) 

1.) Mod organizer 2 is installed outside of game directory 

2.) I am using LATEST MO2 (2.1.1) 

3.) I ONLY have skyrim SE installed

4.) I ONLY have MO2 insalled and not original mod organizer 

5.) It happens when I enable .esp and even if I disable the .esp it will not work. I have to delete that MO2's profile and use default MO2 files to get it to work again

6.) YES I am running SKSE through MO2 

The texutres not working are nobel skyrim+ vivid All in one. 

Here are a few images 

https://imgur.com/a/pkKP5

EDIT 

It seems like I am not the only person with Textures issue however that guy had a LARGEEE amount of mods. Also something iforgot to add, the textures don't show any  red color conflicts if .esp are not enabled. (in the left DATA tab) 

Edited by GrantSP

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just a real quick question, I accidentally copied "SRC" folder when I installed SKSE, would that have anything to do with this issues? 

I will keep messing around and see if I can find a solution, if not I will just make a video and show you. v.v 

Edited by aqwimage

Yeah this is making me very frustrated. I don't know what is going on. 

Here is my .ini file settings 

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
sTestFile1=Dawnguard.esm
sTestFile2=HearthFires.esm
sTestFile3=Dragonborn.esm

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

[Display]
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
fLightLODStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
bAllowScreenshot=1
fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=9999999.0000
fFirstSliceDistance=2000.0000
fDynamicDOFFarBlur=0.4
fDDOFFocusCenterweightExt=2
fDOFMaxDepthParticipation=10000

[Audio]
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0
fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=7000.0000
fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=0.0000

[Decals]
uMaxSkinDecalPerActor=60

[LightingShader]
fDecalLODFadeStart=0.45
fDecalLODFadeEnd=0.5

[imagespace]
iRadialBlurLevel=2

[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa, Skyrim - Textures4.bsa, Skyrim - Textures5.bsa, Skyrim - Textures6.bsa, Skyrim - Textures7.bsa, Skyrim - Textures8.bsa, Skyrim - Patch.bsa
bLoadArchiveInMemory=1
sArchiveToLoadInMemoryList=Skyrim - Animations.bsa
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

[Actor]
bUseNavMeshForMovement=0

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
[Launcher]
bEnableFileSelection=1

In your video there were no plugins in those mods, all you did was move the position of the Noble Skyrim mod so that the Food mod had greater priority, correct?

This make absolutely no sense. Despite my reticence I'm going to download those mods and see what it does on my system. If what you are describing is a widespread phenomenon we would be seeing users all over the place complaining about how MO2 doesn't handle files properly.

Stay tuned.

PS. The "src" folder for SKSE is not important, it's only for those that might want to compile their own versions. I'm assuming you meant to say SKSE64?

Yeah that is correct but as I said, it's only occurring when I use mod organizer 2. When I download and use NMM (which I despise) everything is working correctly with no issues. If it was something on my set up end then it would effect NMM also, wouldn't you say? I already completely deleted EVERYTHING and reinstalled EVERYTHING. 

Okay I have installed both the mods you showcased and there is no issue on my machine.

At this point in time the only difference in our two setups is you are using a crack'd version of Skyrim. How that makes a difference I don't know but unless there is something else in your setup that is not revealed to me, that is the only thing left. I think I have been generous in providing support for this setup, despite going against STEP's, and my own, stance on this subject.

I am left with the only recourse I have and am no longer going to try and investigate this. It works on my machine and 1000's of others have not reported anything like this so it must be something on your end. Not the answer you're after but it is the only one I can give.

Ehhh I guess I can understand your situation. What I will do I guess is completely delete everything on my system.. i don't know what exactly happened tho. -_-

Also I am not going to lie, this is a cracked version. If I buy the special edition after resetting my whole pc, and then activate it and it still doesn't work would you be able to help me out at that point? 

Edited by aqwimage

Yo so here it is, doesn't matter if i use cracked or not at this point since i own the legit copy right? 

https://imgur.com/a/itWSb

Well I am not going to lie, I was wanting to purchase this game for a long time and you broke me. Here is the purchase I made on kinguin. 

https://imgur.com/a/7MpTH

... @GrantSP 

So do you still want me to reset the whole PC, because that will take a few hours and then a hour or so more to install the steam copy. 

Edited by aqwimage

Step Community Citizenship Guidelines

Yes, you need to be using a Steam version of the game. We can't provide support for any cracked or pirated software so you'll need to be using a legitimate copy of the game with Steam.

Yeah and the copy I bought is a steam version so that means I am within the guidelines. I will actually install this version and delete everything else and see if it works, if it doesn't then it doesn't have anything to do with what I am doing since this is a legit steam copy as you are saying. 

Edited by aqwimage

I'll be truthful and say I am finding hard to see how this can be related to a crack'd copy but as I said earlier unless there is some other detail about how you're modding that's the only thing left.

Restoring your game to vanilla and not using any other manager to mod the game will mean MO2 is the only way the game is changed and since I have not seen any issue like this before I'm left with only what I have been given to work with.

MO2 is installed on 1000's of machines and used to manage all sorts of mods with different setups and this just defies logic. If the textures are showing as being used in the MO UI they are the ones used in game.

I'll be truthful and say I am finding hard to see how this can be related to a crack'd copy but as I said earlier unless there is some other detail about how you're modding that's the only thing left.

Restoring your game to vanilla and not using any other manager to mod the game will mean MO2 is the only way the game is changed and since I have not seen any issue like this before I'm left with only what I have been given to work with.

MO2 is installed on 1000's of machines and used to manage all sorts of mods with different setups and this just defies logic. If the textures are showing as being used in the MO UI they are the ones used in game.

Well I have had no issues with Mod organizer and old skyrim and I have over 400+ mods and that being a stable game. (well stable as you can get with 400+ mods) and I am doing exactly the same thing as that expect I am using mo2 and special edition mods. So yeah but I still need help so I got the steam version so you guys can continue helping me :) 

however that being said, if nothing else works I will reset my whole pc and delete all the files and install skyrim special edition on steam and then install mo2 and see it from there. 

Edited by aqwimage