23 replies to this topic

#1 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

Its usually when loading something, like a transition between areas. Running ENBoost currently, and full clear and roesent danger modlist

any ideas

omg just noticed my batch patch was disabled, if that was it  im going to off myself

#2 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

fixed some crashes, but still getting infinite loading screen crashes on some save loads

#3 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:18 AM

also getting crashes on area transitions, wheither the rotating dial freezes or just keeps going forever

#4 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:37 AM

I've seen this occasionally, but not as often as you mention. Have you been able to relate this to periods of high RAM or VRAM use?

#5 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:58 AM

I wonder if this may be something flaky in the game engine because I've experienced this same behavior in Fallout New Vegas. I could load a save and play for about 20 minutes when it would crash on crossing a cell border with an out of memory exception. Rinse, repeat, and the same thing happened again. I had to run some errands so I figured I would look into it in more detail later but I haven't been able to reproduce this crash.

#6 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

noh, this even happens indoors, and was happening when I was using enboost, so memory is not a problem. I can be transitioning indoors , going from inside to outside, or just walking around and it either freezes or gets and infinite loading screen about once every 30 minutes. I cant try compatability mode options because if I enable compatability mode, the game wont launch

I last crash i had I picked up the intelligence bobblehead and froze, had to sign out and in again, then started game, left rivet city, and crashed 5 minutes later walking past the mutant base

Edited by Spacebadger, 19 February 2018 - 05:35 PM.

#7 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:45 PM

I really have no idea what to do. Ive been working on modding this game for 3 weeks, and this crashing is making it impossible to play

#8 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:12 PM

Fose is installed and I'm getting an NVAC log. This is so annoying, New Vegas never had this problem

#9 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:24 PM

I've only seen infinite loading screen problems when there were resource usage problems. I've also only seen them at transitions from indoors to/from outdoors or cell transitions. How much RAM is being used before you startup Fallout, how much does Fallout add, and how much RAM and VRAM does your system include?

A few comments on the load order:

• The (TWPC) plugins should typically be loaded after the bashed patch.
  • MCGrass, MCRockTextures, and MCRubblePilesFix are part of the updated UHQ mod which is not part of the CPD guide since there are a few bugs in some of the plugin contents and in the textures/meshes. It still needs some additional work before it can be used.
  • I have a lot of problems with crashes when I use CASM so I don't include it in my FO3 game. I assume you also already disabled all the autosaves in the FO3 game.

New Vegas typically has much worse infinite loading screen problems than FO3 because it can't handle as many plugins as FO3.

Have you looked through the NVAC log to see if it has any clues on what is happening?

#10 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:25 PM

The bashed patch actually includes a ton of the wasteland patches. Also, I have 6 GB of vram and 12 of Ram, and I've increased it to 4gb  ram restrictions and I'm using enboost. I'll try not using UHQ or CASMand maybe not merging the TWPC plugins into the bashed patch

#11 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

As I said, all or most of the TWPC patches should load after the bashed patch since they are not intended to be part of the bashed patch. They are intended to override the bashed patch, and to be loaded last as stated in large underlined red type on the Nexus page for the mod. A few can be included in the bashed patch, but you would need to check them to make sure that the bashed patch doesn't change what they provide.

With as much RAM and VRAM as you have ENBoost is likely unnecessary, by the way. I have 16Gb RAM and >8Gb VRAM and I haven't been using it with FO3 lately.

#12 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:38 PM

None of that fixed it for the save I had. Should I start a new character to try is out? I was walking from rivet city to the second bridge and froze next to the bandit camp past the first bridge

#13 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:46 PM

If CASM ends up being related to the problem it can affect the save games. Usually the main problem with crashes due to resource loading is when you first leave Vault 101, so if you have a save before that you might want to try it. I haven't had crash problems going from rivet city past the bandit camps, by the way.

#14 Spacebadger

Spacebadger

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

Nah, making a new character didnt work either

its not specifically there, its just somewhere in-between rivet city and the second bridge, by game is guaranteed to freeze

I'm running enboost to make sure that ram isn't ever the problem

Edited by Spacebadger, 19 February 2018 - 06:53 PM.

#15 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:57 PM

Here is my current load order. It doesn't include plugins that are merged into the bashed patch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users