Tools can't see mods, MO isn't "hooking".

Rebitaay

Question

13 answers to this question

To anyone coming here to find a fix for the issue:

I believe the issue came from screwed up Windows 10 permissions. I had messed with them a few months prior and I must have messed something up and just now had repercussions.

I ended up re-fomatting my drive because upon attempting to correct the permissions to fix the issue, things started breaking, like my Start Menu and Taskbar.

After re-formatting (the first time), I tried to modify my user account to not require a password on login. It broke the Start Menu and the Taskbar...

After the second re-format, I didn't even think about touching permissions or user accounts. Everything is set up and nearly identical, and everything works perfectly.

So lesson learned: Don't mess with Windows Permissions, don't use CMD commands such as TakeOwn and ICACLS, and don't modify your user accounts.

Just for the record I am on Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.248

Did you at any time try to make a new "instance" or configure MO2 for another game?

If you did it may be that the SSE instance is now trying to look in the incorrect place for the tools and game files. But looking at your logs again it doesn't look like that.

Can you install a brand new copy of MO2 and set that up to see if it works. This makes no sense that there are no USVFS logs or the general failure of MO2.

Using ICACLS without a very deep understanding of the permissions structure and inheritance hierarchy can quickly turn a simple problem into a nightmare. The best thing to do is forgot you know anything about ICACLS and never touch it again.