Bruma LODs - very quick question

Bluegunk

Question

Skyrim SE, Bruma.

I notice there were issues with Bruma static LOD ('Oldrim' Bruma forum), and you recommended generating tree LOD only for the region.

How do I omit the Bruma static LOD using the DynDOLOD interface, please?

Or do I need to do that at Mod level?

I unpacked the Bruma SE BSA to access tree LOD.

Thanks!

For now I'll probably just leave it alone. I've spent several days preparing for this playthrough anyway. Possibly unrelated, but I noticed that the DynDolod log is listing BSHeartland.esm as a master for DynDOLOD.esm. This is probably showing my ignorance, but why is that happening if that worldspace isn't being touched at all by DynDOLOD?

Worldspaces are not the only type of records that might require an overwrite and more importantly, the Bruma plugin also modifies other worldspaces like Tamriel. Border crossings and all...

Hm, I'm still a bit confused... So there are/where issues with generating trees and objects according to a linked post? Is it still an issue if I'm using enhanced vanilla trees with its billboards?

and is it still an issue as I also read... "Fixed bug with generating object LOD for Bruma"  does this mean there is no longer any problem?

Was there / is there also a problem with terrain lod generation via SSElodgen?

I am using EVT for trees alongside Cathedral Landcapes for terrain

Edited by Soulmancer

The current available download of Beyond Skyrim - Bruma does not contains all data and assets that were used to generate the vanilla LOD.

xLODGen/DynDOLOD can only generate LOD for data that exists in the plugins and only with assets available in the load order.

Realistically only the Beyond Skyrim mod team can do anything about it.

xLODGen/DynDOLOD will generate LOD for the data and with the assets that do exist just fine. Tree LOD in the unreachable south will use wrong trees. Object LOD will have less objects, especially in the south.

The current available download of Beyond Skyrim - Bruma does not contains all data and assets that were used to generate the vanilla LOD.

If generating object LOD, the map and the larger lod levels will miss some objects to the south which are part of the included object LOD. Unfortunately the missing cell data does not cut off at a 32 cell group, so there is an obvious gab when it is known what to look for.

This obviously applies to all LOD types. Missing terrain LOD will be very double extra obvious. DynDOLOD does not generate terrain LOD.

If you want LOD for a tree it needs a matching billboard. Bruma adds its own type of trees, so they need billboards. They are supplied by the listed Beyond Skyrim - Bruma Tree LOD billboards by mobiusbelmont

If a vanilla file is replaced by a mod, then everything using that vanilla file is equally affected. If a mod changes landscape textures, then any every terrain in every world using that texture will be equally affected.

Missing data will cause gabs in the LOD. This obviously applies to all 3 LOD types, which are terrain, object and tree LOD. Missing terrain LOD will be very double extra obvious.

Gotcha, so essentially with the current version of Bruma, you should only generate trees. So get the EVT billboards + the Bruma billboards.  and don't generate objects or terrain.

So I guess I just run dyndlolod once specifically from Bruma with only trees.  And then run it again for objects and trees on everything else?