Photo

ftreeloaddistance or Distant Object Detail on Ultra causing Stuttering...fix?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 drift123

drift123

Prisoner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:57 AM

Well, I hadn't tried Special Edition yet because I assumed there wasn't going to be the mods I wanted. But it turns out most of them have been made available since the release of  Skyrim SE. Decided to try it out and see if it had the same issue as Oldrim. Played it on Ultra settings and it runs perfectly smooth, no stutter in the same locations. So that load stutter is definitely an engine issue, as I can get far smoother performance in SE even with its improved visuals compared to Oldrim with lesser visuals. Guess its time to crossover.

Edited by drift123, 17 March 2018 - 05:58 AM.

#17 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:00 AM

The tools and settings for Skyrim exist to make it run fine until it hits x86 memory barriers or Direct X9 draw call limitations.

Skyrim SE does not suffer from the 3rd person tree LOD cell border stutter. Its advantage is that it has higher limits before needing optimization.

#18 Agent_XXX

Agent_XXX

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:54 AM

Use Medium preset. Use Billboards for LOD4 insead of 3D tree LOD

Skyim can run without loading stutter. I find it best to set ReservedMemoryMB to any value with the mouse rotator thingy while using cursor keys to move to find the sweet spot.
Test with CrashFixes UseOsAllocators=1. Use BethINIs.

Best to find a recent guide for best performance for whatever OS you are using.

#19 Agent_XXX

Agent_XXX

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:01 AM

This fixed all my stutter problems even with a HDD! :) You guys should fix the "Post Edit Function" aswell. Hope the little donation will help. Keep up the great work especially Sheason, Step Project and Gamer Poets! THANK YOU! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users