Skyrim Performance Monitor (by mnelson999)

stoppingby4now

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say to use one or the other, the guide is just listing utilities you can use to do stuff. SPM will give you a nice info graphic after you turn off Skyrim. The setup you are using right now seems good enough for what you are attempting.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi!

I can't get Skyrim Performance Monitor working with Mod Organizer. In the "Main Program File Path" I choose TESV.exe and in the "Launcher File Path" I choose ModOrganizer.exe, as per the description on the mod page. However, when I launch Skyrim through the SPM, it launches Mod Organizer, and when I then launch Skyrim(SKSE.exe through Mod Organizer) no graphs or nothing moves, nor can I see the FPS, GPU/CPU use etc. in-game. I read on the mod page, that the in-game Counter won't work with ENB(I use Boost only), but for me, the graph doesnt work either.

Sincerely

Halde

Alright, someone has to tell me, what in the h e double hockey sticks :p Does the "Threads" counter equate to? It's bugging me, so I finally have broke down to ask. Google searches are irrelevant. So, what does it mean, how does it relate and what is better, higher vs lower?

Edited by CovertSlinky

I'm trying to fix my macro stutters at the moment. To test my VRAM, as this is the main cause of stutters(is this right?), i used Skyrim Performance Monitor(reinstalled to get the new version 3.66).

With both versions no ingame data was shown even though it is enabled by default in the Setup of SPM. I launch MO through SPM and then start a SETP:Core+(most or all of core + some extended + some with higher quality) installation. I work with two monitors. Playing Skyrim on the main and seeing the data of SPM on the other. So SPM records the data but it doesn't show something ingame.

Now my main concern is that SPM isn't showing me accurate/correct data about my VRAM usage.

Can it be that SPM isn't working with STEP/my graphics card gtx780?

My VRAM is constantly under 2gb but i get heavy fps drops when i turn around(showed by FRAPS + stuttering).

Hm. newest GPU z is showing nearly the same values, so i guess SPM is doing alright.

Edited by Simondererste

I will test my settings and mods over the next 2 weeks. So far i'm running around with a test char and add mods to see if it is something mod specific.

Most of the different ini settings(enblocal skyrim skyrimprefs) where set to STEP recommendations.

Fraps/ENBoost show me ~60fps most of the time with a setup of STEP mods till enhanced night skyrim.

I experience some fps drops but they aren't heavy(goes down to ~35fps) but are short and the framerate raises too the normal value after a short time in this area.

VRAM is ~2gb and the enb menu also shows me that i have constantly over 900mb free VRAM.

So this may be already a hint to my drops as increasing mod number and some settings like ugridsToLoad can increase those stutters.

Before that i have tested a bit more with my full setup and those heavy fps drops don't necessarily come from turning around, as they stay if i look in specific regions(also i haven't noticed similarities to those regions).

So i can look in a direction and suddenly my fps drops till it goes to 1. If a turn away from those spots i get fps of 45+(full modded).

I may open another thread for my testing, but for now i will do some practical work with my InspectorStutter ;)

I'm trying to fix my macro stutters at the moment. To test my VRAM, as this is the main cause of stutters(is this right?), i used Skyrim Performance Monitor(reinstalled to get the new version 3.66).With both versions no ingame data was shown even though it is enabled by default in the Setup of SPM. I launch MO through SPM and then start a SETP:Core+(most or all of core + some extended + some with higher quality) installation. I work with two monitors. Playing Skyrim on the main and seeing the data of SPM on the other. So SPM records the data but it doesn't show something ingame.Now my main concern is that SPM isn't showing me accurate/correct data about my VRAM usage.Can it be that SPM isn't working with STEP/my graphics card gtx780?My VRAM is constantly under 2gb but i get heavy fps drops when i turn around(showed by FRAPS + stuttering).Hm. newest GPU z is showing nearly the same values, so i guess SPM is doing alright.

FPS drips while turning is something specific; however, I can't remember what. Been sitting there trying to remember for 10 minutes. Try a forum search and a Google search. If I wasn't about to run out the door to head to work, I'd try to help you find it.

I will test my settings and mods over the next 2 weeks. So far i'm running around with a test char and add mods to see if it is something mod specific.Most of the different ini settings(enblocal skyrim skyrimprefs) where set to STEP recommendations.Fraps/ENBoost show me ~60fps most of the time with a setup of STEP mods till enhanced night skyrim.I experience some fps drops but they aren't heavy(goes down to ~35fps) but are short and the framerate raises too the normal value after a short time in this area.VRAM is ~2gb and the enb menu also shows me that i have constantly over 900mb free VRAM.So this may be already a hint to my drops as increasing mod number and some settings like ugridsToLoad can increase those stutters.Before that i have tested a bit more with my full setup and those heavy fps drops don't necessarily come from turning around, as they stay if i look in specific regions(also i haven't noticed similarities to those regions).So i can look in a direction and suddenly my fps drops till it goes to 1. If a turn away from those spots i get fps of 45+(full modded).I may open another thread for my testing, but for now i will do some practical work with my InspectorStutter ;)

If I'm not mistaken, I think that type of stutter occurs due to loading a lot of textures. Since you've indicated that you have almost 1gb of vram available, I would think that it isn't related to your GPU as much, but rather the speed of your drive. Are you using an HDD or an SSD?This could also occur based on the current load of your GPU. I would look for the current usage of your GPU when it occurs to see if it is being fully utilized.EDIT: If your GPU isn't under 90%+ load when it occurs, I'd look at your drive being the bottleneck. Edited by supra93

Everything is on my SSD(i think it's a samsung 840pro). GPU is under 80% all the time even as the lags occur. My system should be >=STEP's Recommended system specs. Everything i can notice on SPM is that GPU% and CPU% is dropping while stutters happen, and everything else looks ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on how to get this to show fps?  I just get a question mark next to it.

ColdHarmonics over at Nexus provided this answer in a posting somewhere. And it works for me.

Dummies Guide (because I like them too):

1) (If you want) Install SKSE

2) (If you want) Prepare Mod Organizer for use with SKSE

3) Install the ENB of your choice

4) Prepare SPM for use with ENB (SPM > setup > Misc Settings > Attempt Support for Custom D3D9.dll AND Combine TESV and ENBHost System RAM, and also set filepaths correctly if using SKSE / Mod Organizer)

5) Change all other settings to your pleasure

Edited by DuskyByte