Skyrim Performance Monitor (by mnelson999)

stoppingby4now

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had the same problem. I changed the target of "Skyrim main program file path" to TESV.exe and that did it, now the counters appear in game.

Posted Image

edit: this works only when I'm not using ENBoost.

edit again: okay, with ENBoost, you just have to check "Attempt support for Custom D3D9.dll" for the in-game counters & the FPS graph to work.

Edited by NameTaken

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi!

I can't make the tool working.. I did all you recommandations but when I launch my game via MO & SKSE, I have full black main menu with no mouse pointer/

Edit : It seems that the tool only work with Injector version of ENB.

Edited by lexo1000

Hi!

I can't make the tool working.. I did all you recommandations but when I launch my game via MO & SKSE, I have full black main menu with no mouse pointer/

Edit : It seems that the tool only work with Injector version of ENB.

Hi folks.  Yes, SPM currently only works consistently with the injector version of ENB.  Please note that this is a limitation of SPM, and not with the excellent ENB software.

• 1 month later...

I've been experiencing FPS drops in certain areas of the game and I've been trying to figure out what might be causing the drops.  One of the tools I used was SPM, but it didn't seem to help.  Apparently, the FPS will drop irrelevant of rises or falls in usage of: Memory, VRAM, Disk I/O, CPU %, GPU %, GPU °C, or Threads.  What other factors would cause decreases in FPS and increases in stutter?  I cannot figure out what's causing this, only some of the areas and directions I face that do it.

I've been experiencing FPS drops in certain areas of the game and I've been trying to figure out what might be causing the drops.  One of the tools I used was SPM, but it didn't seem to help.  Apparently, the FPS will drop irrelevant of rises or falls in usage of: Memory, VRAM, Disk I/O, CPU %, GPU %, GPU °C, or Threads.  What other factors would cause decreases in FPS and increases in stutter?  I cannot figure out what's causing this, only some of the areas and directions I face that do it.

Typically this behavior is caused by the amount of detail in certain areas of the game.  I get the same thing around areas like Riften where that area has a dense amount of foliage and high building detail.  This causes the game engine to work harder, thus dropping FPS.  This can be observed by moving around outside of Riften, and then simply moving you view to point to an area of minimal detail, like the sky.

Typically this behavior is caused by the amount of detail in certain areas of the game.  I get the same thing around areas like Riften where that area has a dense amount of foliage and high building detail.  This causes the game engine to work harder, thus dropping FPS.  This can be observed by moving around outside of Riften, and then simply moving you view to point to an area of minimal detail, like the sky.

I found out that the main culprit was Skyrim Distance Overhaul (SDO).  Once I uninstalled that my game speed performance (which includes the FPS) increased a lot.  I guess it had to do with the extra details being loaded into a lot of LODs added by that mod.  Hopefully when DynDOLOD replaces SDO it will run better, and not worse.

• 3 months later...

So, since my WIN10 install, I haven't been able to get this working either. Set up as intended, by which I mean it tells MO to load up, then sits in a wait-state looking for SKSE_Loader... which it never seems to detect. Tried having it look for TESV as well with same result. Any thoughts?