Missing Land Near Winterhold.

Vanders

Question

Can anyone please try to explain this issue. I have DynDOLOD installed and I happened to have recently uninstalled and reinstalled DynDOLOD via the correct method if that has any relevance.

As illustrated in the pictures, when I view the area west of Winterhold from these particular areas of the College the land is missing. When I move a little closer a part of the ocean disappears. If I move a little closer again, everything corrects itself until I move back to the aforementioned positions. 

post-12082-0-50404500-1523497080_thumb.jpg

post-12082-0-91173600-1523497131_thumb.jpg

post-12082-0-48192800-1523497188_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

Oh no, sheson thinks I'm intelligent and is telling me to do stuff but I'm dumb and have no idea what he means...

dea.gif

Could you please elaborate? Do I need to go into the CK to remove TVDT data? Would temporarily installing the Culling data glitch fix from the Nexus achieve the same result?

Edited by Vanders

Oh no, sheson thinks I'm intelligent and is telling me to do stuff but I'm dumb and have no idea what he means...

Could you please elaborate? Do I need to go into the CK to remove TVDT data? Would temporarily installing the Culling data glitch fix from the Nexus achieve the same result?

CK is not able to edit the data, only to wrongly generate it. You can use the plugin from Nexus for a test, however it removes all data which is really bad for FPS. If anything the data should only be removed from the cells that are problematic.

If the test revealed it is indeed the occlusion data, you can easily make a plugin yourself:

You can use DynDOLODs SkyUI MCM page You Are Here to get the x, y of the current cell you are in. Or use console player.getpos x and player.getpos y and divide the result by 4096, round it down, so that -0.5, becomes -1 or 1.5 becomes 1 to get the cell coordinates.

Load plugins in xEdit. Start the cell finder with CTRL+Shift+F, select Tamriel and enter the found cell coordinates.

Once the CELL data is loaded, right click the entry in the left tree view. Select Copy as override into..., either select DynDOLOD.esp (in case the CELL is not in DynDOLOD.esp yet) or create a new plugin.

In the right window, find the row FormID then go to last column that now should be either DynDOLOD.esp or the new plugin, press CTRL and hover the mouse of the entry (it should underline in case the highest override is not the active plugin in the tree view) and left click the mouse to switch the focus in the tree view to that plugin.

Now find the row TVDT - Occlusion Data, again find the column in the highest override, DynDOLOD.esp or the new plugin, and right click and select Remove.

Rinse an repeat. Save.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

Ok, thanks to your wisdom I was able to remove that culling problem. That first spot in my pictures was so odd because I've never seen it before, I wonder if it actually happens to everyone. 

Anyway, I might have gone a little overboard with removing the culling because I was using the tcl command to fly around so I was probably seeing culling that you normally wouldn't see from the ground. Oh well, still better than using the Nexus one which I'm pretty sure removes it from everywhere. 

You should put this exact post somewhere for others to find (maybe you already have?) because it was quite easy once a master has explained it!

Thanks again, Sheson.  

Edited by Vanders

Ok, thanks to your wisdom I was able to remove that culling problem. That first spot in my pictures was so odd because I've never seen it before, I wonder if it actually happens to everyone. 

Anyway, I might have gone a little overboard with removing the culling because I was using the tcl command to fly around so I was probably seeing culling that you normally wouldn't see from the ground. Oh well, still better than using the Nexus one which I'm pretty sure removes it from everywhere. 

You should put this exact post somewhere for others to find (maybe you already have?) because it was quite easy once a master has explained it!

Thanks again, Sheson.  

The data is the same for everyone. What might be different are the LOD level distance settings in the INI. That has an affect which square patch is removed when.

Or use console player.getpos x and player.getpos y and divide the result by 4096, round it down, so that -0.5, becomes -1 or 1.5 becomes 1 to get the cell coordinates.

A little clarification on this would be great please. I was using a random chunk of terrain or other object in the environment getting the formid and running that though the Xedit search. That was giving me 32,-7; the above method gives 32,-6. Double checked with Where in Oblivion am I. Is it maybe round X down and Y to the nearest whole number?

player.getpos x >> 134075.16

Pos Y >> -27017.82

/4096

x=32.733193359375

y= -6.5961474609375