Wiki is down

Eichkater

Question

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Very nice. I was just able to create a sub page for my guide. The meat of the main page will contain mostly the modlist. The subpage will contain any extended instructions. Hopefully this will help. If I need to break off with more subpages, I will gladly do so. Thank you z929669.  ::D: 

Very nice. I was just able to create a sub page for my guide. The meat of the main page will contain mostly the modlist. The subpage will contain any extended instructions. Hopefully this will help. If I need to break off with more subpages, I will gladly do so. Thank you z929669.  ::D: 

If your guide was built using our Pack system on the wiki, then the 'heaviest' portion will be the mod tables ... same goes for any guide really. You might consider subbing out each different mod table in that case. Text takes no time at all to serve up.

Also, using links that open in other tabs could help, particularly when you are editing the guide. Imagine: user is looking at your guide (while you are in the midst of editing), user clicks a link on your guide, link replaces current browser content, you save your edit, user clicks 'back', user must reload entire page, since it has changed (or their local cache misses your changes, potentially ... can't get around that I suppose)

Thanks for breaking it up though. There are some slick ways to sub out your guide(s), so I encourage you to investigate some of the methods used elsewhere. I will try to find some examples ...

EDIT: See the {{ArchiveBox}} template on the wiki to see about ideas of how to enhance your breadcrumb and TOC on large guides broken up into smaller pages ... following is an example of what it looks like:

https://wiki.step-project.com/Project_talk:Data_Dictionary

If your guide was built using our Pack system on the wiki, then the 'heaviest' portion will be the mod tables ... same goes for any guide really. You might consider subbing out each different mod table in that case. Text takes no time at all to serve up.

Understood, I will break each mod section up too. That actually makes sense, and will hopefully be less stressful for the users as well. Thank you again. I will research different ways to subpage each section, yet keep it appealing at the same time.

P.S. When the honey and I can afford it, I will try to contribute more towards my monthly subscription. I know every little bit helps, but you all deserve much more.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

P.S. When the honey and I can afford it, I will try to contribute more towards my monthly subscription. I know every little bit helps, but you all deserve much more.

Your current contributions as a site member and content contributor and poster on forums, etc. is all that we can hope for; although, we do appreciate any monetary support you are willing/able to provide ... it's not expected though ;)