Photo

Should I Mark Mergable Plugins as Optional

Best Answer Kelmych , 22 April 2018 - 06:10 PM

You'll have to remember all the plugins to change from optional the next time you make a bashed patch, which can be fairly often if you change or update mods regularly.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobbd2000

bobbd2000

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:51 PM

I've been going through Fear and Loathing. I've just created my Bashed Patch and come back to Mod Organizer. The plugins that Wrye Flash/Bash noted as mergable are unchecked as expected. Is it possible/wise/dumb to mark those plugins as Optional in M.O.? As to why, it makes the plugin list specific to what's being used. It also makes it impossible to accidently check a merged plugin, although I don't know if that's the end of the world.

I tried a few searches, here and using Google, but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks

Bob

#2 bobbd2000

bobbd2000

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:46 PM

It just occurred to me that if I need to make a Bashed Patch in the future, say because of an added mod, that I would have to unoptional/unhide the original merged plugins. That said, is there any harm in making the optional in the first place?

#3 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:10 PM   Best Answer

You'll have to remember all the plugins to change from optional the next time you make a bashed patch, which can be fairly often if you change or update mods regularly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users