DoubleYou

His ini had it disabled, so I mirrored that.

I already have enb shadow tweaks. They can be easily altered if desired.

FOV tweaks are a good idea. There's a formula to alter it with screen resolution I might employ.

It's because I personally do not like DoF in games.

I would not put up a general ENB setting with DoF enabled, but leave it separate as it is at the moment.

I will try the new version later to see if the installation runs smoother, should I leave the enb dll in the Skyrim folder for testing or not?

I think its up to personal preference, typical for skyrim is 85. Personally, I prefer 100 because I feel that the camera in skyrim is really far forward and it feels weird.

I thought I remembered 75 to be default and being designed for 16:10, which would mean 85 is the equivalent for 16:9.

I love this so much. I also I love the spINI Tweaks mate. Figuring this all out, I added the other suggested STEP INI changes so I have a one stop shop in my MO for all of the tweaks.

I added SRLE's FOV and papyrus load time tweaks as well as STEPs light pop in tweak, sun shadow transition tweak, and the arrow and bolt aiming tweaks. Oh and I also created a new ini for Grass - Optimized grass (enhanced landscapes).ini.

I love this so much! Thank you.

@disi

Please try the new version and see if you have near as much trouble.

Hi DoubleYou,

I still have to disable enb by moving the d3d9.dll out of the Skyrim folder during install of the tool or the launcher crashes.

After install, run the skyrim launcher without enb, change from letterbox to 16:9 and choose a proper resolution.

Then I can install the ini tweaks, enable the new enb extra settings and move the d3d9.dll back.

From here it works as advertised.

Edited by disi

Thanks for testing. Does it work with your save now?

Yes, never had a problem with the saves (except for script bloating in another thread :) ). It was always with the enb during install, which is probably too custom to please everyone, so better take it out.

One more question, I get these messages from time to time:

Settings provided in ini tweaks have been overwritten in-game or in an applications.

These overwrites are stored in a separate file (profile_tweaks.ini within the profile directory)

to keep ini-tweaks in their original state but you should really get rid of this file as there is

no tool support in MO to work on it.

Advice: Copy settings you want to keep to an appropriate ini tweak, then delete profile_tweaks.ini.

Hitting the Fix button will delete that file

profile_tweaks.ini:

[Display] fShadowBiasScale=0.4000

fInteriorShadowDistance=4000.0000

fShadowDistance=4000.0000

[Grass]

fGrassStartFadeDistance=1000.0000

fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=7000.0000

fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=0.0000

Only your tweak-mod is installed and I cannot find a file named profile_tweaks.ini as mod manager then deletes it as soon as I open the message.

The whole content of my profiles folder:

archives.txt
initweaks.ini
loadorder.txt
lockedorder.txt
modlist.txt
modlist.txt.2015_09_21_18_24_56
modlist.txt.2015_09_22_23_16_25
modlist.txt.2015_09_26_01_50_11
plugins.txt
skyrim.ini
skyrimprefs.ini

In the initweaks.ini are only those activated and no double entries.

p.s. I can actual reproduce this. Load a game, change the music volume (I remembered doing that), save and you get this error in Mod Manager.

These are the settings from the documents folder and they differ from the ones in the default in the Skyrim programs folder (as those must be the ultra settings from the skyrim launcher).

Edited by disi

Whenever you change settings in-game, it saves the SkyrimPrefs.ini file. When it does this, the original settings in SkyrimPrefs.ini are saved there. Therefore, Mod Organizer notifies you that an application you ran wants to apply different INI settings than the ones you are using via INI tweaks, which will always overwrite changes to any of the INI files. This way if you find you need to use the settings specified by the application, you can remove the corresponding INI tweaks.

As it is, we always want the tweaks here, so just hit the Fix button to remove the warning as necessary. Rest assured that your INI tweaks are still being correctly applied.

Thank you DoubleYou for this piece of great work. I've just gone through the installer (I use NMM, not MO) and it worked fine but for two little hitches.

Firstly, the installer tries to located the Skyrim directory, which in my case is on my SSD drive, Drive F. I had to use the browse function and kick the directories around a bit inside it, because this installer inserted {pf} in the line and it seemed to interfere. But it soon behaved itself when I removed anything including and after {pf}. The installer could not find my Skyrim folders automatically.

Secondly it is worth highlighting that the ENB DLL should be moved out of the directory (or temporarily disabled) because that will cause Skyrim Launcher to crash. I was scratching my head for a few minutes until I saw an entry earlier here, and remembered it is the usual culprit. Easy to forget about that!

I'm running Windows 10 home edition on a bog standard PC and yes, your launcher requires Admin authority for anyone who asks. Easy to set in the EXE properties.

Now up and running, off to tweak and play!

Edited by Bluegunk

The installer correctly finds your directory unless your registry points to the incorrect location or is missing. I wrote the warning system to make sure you can only install it to the correct directory.

I'm working on code to automate the backup function and run the SkyrimLauncher and restore the backup, but I'm only a novice-level Pascal scripter, so it's going slowly. I do mention this issue in the FAQ.

It requires Admin permissions because it will fix the aforementioned registry issue if it exists, as well as because many users have Skyrim installed to a UAC-protected directory.