DoubleYou

Actually, you can find out which settings are used by the game. Add bLODPopActors to both [Display] and [LOD] and go into the game. Open the console (~) and use the GetINISetting "setting:section" commands:

getini "bLODPopActors:Display"
getini "bLODPopActors:LOD"

You should see "INISetting bLODPopActors:Display >> Not Found" since the game doesn't read this setting from the Display section even if you manually add it to the Display section.

The second command should show "INISetting bLODPopActors >> 0" where 0 is the actual value you've set in the LOD section.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't understand why BethINI for Skyrim SE sets the game display as Windowed mode by default (I mean is it better than Fullscreen mode?). 

And somehow I have to activate borderless mode too or otherwise Skyrim is not fully displayed due to my laptop display setting.

Thanks for your attention and answering in advance.  

• 1 month later...

For some reason, BethINI will always remove "bAllowScreenshot" (and maybe some other lines, haven't checked) from Skyrim.ini after saving. What's more, in the STEP guide it recommends users to check [Disable Screenshots], which doesn't even exist in the tool. What's up with that?

Hey.
I'm having some problems with BethIni....
Also, this may be dumb, but on BethIni for Fallout 4, there doesn't seem to have options for

So, thing is, i'm using it for Fallout 4, using Mod Organizer 2.
I setup the Ini path correctly.  But, for some reason, everytime i save the Ini settings on one path, for exemple:
1 - User/SteamApps/Common/Fallout4/Mod Organizer/Profiles/Default
2 - User/SteamApps/Common/Fallout4/Mod Organizer/Profiles/Vanilla.
3 - User/Documents/MyGames/Fallout4/
Those are the paths for two of my profiles of M.O2 and the Default one created by the launcher without M.O.2.

So, opening BethIni (Latest version found on Fallout 4 Nexus), selecting the IniPath as the "1", when i'm done changing it, it saves on all the 3 profiles. 

I noticed it, because i recently bought a GTX 1050, and the GForce Experience, does too makes changes to the base game INI. I noticed, that everytime i change one of the M.O.2 profiles with BethIni, it's also changing the deafult one.
Is this supposed to behave like this, or it's a bug? 
If so, how can i fix it? Cleaning up everything on BethIni and going from start?

​

For some reason, BethINI will always remove "bAllowScreenshot" (and maybe some other lines, haven't checked) from Skyrim.ini after saving. What's more, in the STEP guide it recommends users to check [Disable Screenshots], which doesn't even exist in the tool. What's up with that?

BethINI organizes all sections and settings into alphabetical order and removes a lot of redundant settings so skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini are smaller and easier to navigate. When I run BethINI on Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas or Skyrim, Disable Screenshots is in the General tab. I assume it should also be on the General tab for Fallout 4 but I don't have Fallout 4 to verify this.

Hey.

Also, this may be dumb, but on BethIni for Fallout 4, there doesn't seem to have options for

I setup the Ini path correctly.  But, for some reason, everytime i save the Ini settings on one path, for exemple:

Those are the paths for two of my profiles of M.O2 and the Default one created by the launcher without M.O.2.

So, opening BethIni (Latest version found on Fallout 4 Nexus), selecting the IniPath as the "1", when i'm done changing it, it saves on all the 3 profiles. 

I noticed it, because i recently bought a GTX 1050, and the GForce Experience, does too makes changes to the base game INI. I noticed, that everytime i change one of the M.O.2 profiles with BethIni, it's also changing the deafult one.

If so, how can i fix it? Cleaning up everything on BethIni and going from start?

​

I seem to recall this is the way it works when I run it as well in that it updates the INI files in all profiles within the specified Mod Organizer path and the default INI files in your documents folder.

BethINI organizes all sections and settings into alphabetical order and removes a lot of redundant settings so skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini are smaller and easier to navigate. When I run BethINI on Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas or Skyrim, Disable Screenshots is in the General tab. I assume it should also be on the General tab for Fallout 4 but I don't have Fallout 4 to verify this.

This is how my General tab looks like with freshly created ini files:

IiLREri.png

Hi everyone, I'm rather new to forums of any sort so please try to bare with me if I make any mistakes when posing this question, thanks!

I recently made use of BethINI (such a useful tool!) due to countless recommendations, and it's worked very well. Unfortunately something fishy is up with my water. Since installing BethINI when water is in my character's vision the frame rate can drop to up to 10 FPS (I usually run at a constant 60). I don't know if this is something that can be fixed with an INI tweak, nor do I have any idea what could be causing the issue. I disabled all reflections in the water, just in case that was the problem, and it had no effect. I use Realistic Water Two and thought that may be the source of the conflict, however disabling it also had no effect. The only details I've noticed are that the lag usually occurs around a waterfall or somewhere where the water gives off a more frothy effect. I'd appreciate any help I can get!

After comparing any changes BethINI makes to the Oblivion.ini, I discovered it adds the following:

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

I thought this edit pertained mostly for Skyrim users who had issues viewing their Data files and that it is an edit that should be made to the SkyrimPrefs.ini. Is this edit also needed for Oblivion?

I also just noticed that some statements have moved from [Display] into [LOD].

Edit: Ah, I see

bLODPopActors=0

bLODPopItems=0

bLODPopObjects=0

are duplicates in the vanilla Oblivion.ini. I never noticed this before. It makes sense that it should belong in the [LOD] section. I wonder why the vanilla Oblivion.ini has it listed in both [Display] and [LOD]?

Something else must be adding bEnableFileSelection as it isn't added in my Oblivion.ini. Perhaps the line is incorrectly in your Oblivion_default.ini in your game folder? I don't have an instruction to add it. As far as I know, the line would do nothing, but if it did anything, it would affect the Launcher somehow.

The other settings is a fix that BethINI applies. They are erroneously placed in [Display] when they should only be in [LOD].

When Oblivion is first launched and generates the Oblivion.ini the following statements are duplicated in the Oblivion.ini:

[Display]

;BethINI removes the following statements from [Display] but leaves them in the other sections.

bLODPopActors= ;duplicated in [LOD]. Oblivion_default.ini states it only in [LOD].

bLODPopItems= ;duplicated in [LOD]. Oblivion_default.ini states it only in [LOD].

bLODPopObjects= ;duplicated in [LOD]. Oblivion_default.ini states it only in [LOD].

fGrassEndDistance= ;duplicated in [Grass]. Oblivion_default.ini states it only in [Grass].

fGrassStartFadeDistance= ;duplicated in [Grass]. Oblivion_default.ini states it only in [Grass].

[General]

fQuestScriptDelayTime= ;duplicated in [MAIN]. Oblivion_default.ini states it only in [General]. BethINI removes the statement from [General] but leaves it in [Main]

STestFile1= ;duplicated lower in [General] and in Oblivion_default.ini [General]. BethINI removes the duplicate statement.

RoyBatterian explains that the game will only read the ones from the correct section and there is no way to know which section is the correct one without debugging the game. So now I'm even more curious about these duplicate statements and I want to fix them...lol.

Observant you are. These are all fixes that BethINI automatically applies to the INI files. Using console commands, one can discover which settings are invalid. BethINI removes a specific list of known invalid settings.

This is how my General tab looks like with freshly created ini files:

IiLREri.png

The STEP guide is for original Skyrim, not Skyrim Special Edition. bAllowScreenshot is not used in Skyrim Special Edition. Indeed, Skyrim Special Edition does not have a setting to toggle the ability to take screenshots IIRC.

Hey.

​

I did this on purpose because at the time Mod Organizer 2 did not use the profile INIs and would just pull the ones from My Games. Since then, I think that Mod Organizer 2 has seen a lot of progress, so that may be fixed by now, in which case I should remove that workaround.

Version 2.7.1

-Behind the Scenes: BethINI now will remember the INI Path last used when switching between games.

-Bugfix: Changing the Game, Game Path, or INI Path in the Setup tab when the Always Select Game toggle is on will now skip the "Choose Game" dialog box upon reloading.
-Bugfix: If the Always Select Game toggle was enabled and a previous use of BethINI had used a different game, the Game Path and INI Path would erroneously default to that of the previous game.
-Bugfix: If the Default button was pressed after the Recommended Tweaks checkbox was checked, not all the recommended tweaks would be applied, but yet the checkbox would indicate that they still were applied.
-Bugfix/Harmful Tweaks: Added checks for the archive lists for Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas (the only games that do not have the correct lists by default), fixing any that were left at their default values.
-Harmful Tweaks: Added checks for sFontFile_2 and sFontFile_7 to ensure that they are pointing to font files (CTD will occur otherwise).

Looks like Nexus has the file under quarantine atm, so probably will have to wait for one of the mods to clear it.

Edit: Nexus has cleared the new version on the Skyrim page at least... https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69787?tab=files
Edited by DoubleYou
Update

Version 2.7.1

-Behind the Scenes: BethINI now will remember the INI Path last used when switching between games.

-Bugfix: Changing the Game, Game Path, or INI Path in the Setup tab when the Always Select Game toggle is on will now skip the "Choose Game" dialog box upon reloading.
-Bugfix: If the Always Select Game toggle was enabled and a previous use of BethINI had used a different game, the Game Path and INI Path would erroneously default to that of the previous game.
-Bugfix: If the Default button was pressed after the Recommended Tweaks checkbox was checked, not all the recommended tweaks would be applied, but yet the checkbox would indicate that they still were applied.
-Bugfix/Harmful Tweaks: Added checks for the archive lists for Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas (the only games that do not have the correct lists by default), fixing any that were left at their default values.
-Harmful Tweaks: Added checks for sFontFile_2 and sFontFile_7 to ensure that they are pointing to font files (CTD will occur otherwise).

Looks like Nexus has the file under quarantine atm, so probably will have to wait for one of the mods to clear it.

Edit: Nexus has cleared the new version on the Skyrim page at least... https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69787?tab=files

2.7.1 appears to contain a Fuery trojan per both Windows Defender, and Malware Bytes.  Is there a github or other repo that users can audit and build from?

Source code is in the Source folder in the archive. Some antiviruses are overly aggressive in their classification of files that they have never seen before. Just install autohotkey and run the ahk file if you don't trust my executable.

Source code is in the Source folder in the archive. Some antiviruses are overly aggressive in their classification of files that they have never seen before. Just install autohotkey and run the ahk file if you don't trust my executable.

I don't know if you're aware, but Nexus locked your mod page.