DoubleYou

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, friends.

Thank you so much for your hardwork with Bethini; though my FPS is all right on medium and low, there's a semi-random stutter that I've only been able to defeat by using Bethini to set things to poor.
I suspect it's due to lack of ram, but that's not here or there. You see...

For some reason, when using the poor preset, all characters hair texture becomes weirdly blue/missing.

Looking all over for solutions, I found an incredible amount of misinformation and no real help. Almost everyone seems to think you need to 'revalidate your master files' and, well, you don't; I can simply 'fix' the error by using the low settings on Bethini. I am not using any texture packs. It is clearly something that is different in the poor settings as opposed to the low settings, but I'm just not smart enough to figure out what it is; I've tried vsynch and shadow removal (although it seems insane that shadows might effect texture quality?) and had no luck either way.

So - I'm asking you...
If you can think of any variables that might effect the hair texture quality that I could use to fix the problem while still using poor settings, I should be truly grateful!..

Thanks again so much, and all the best...

Oh, I can't seem to edit my post, but I think I finally got it!

It appears that, for me, at least, the DECAL SETTING also ties to the hair textures, somehow.
By setting those options to medium, I can use the rest of the settings on poor while retaining hair textures! :D

Though I had hoped to find help, aha, I hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem...
Ready to... Tear their (own character's!) hair out!..

Skyrim, Special Edition!

I think it might be that some parts of hair are texture, and others are decals? I'm not sure what other information would prove useful.
And I'm sure it helps with performance; the big killer for me is draw distance, apparently; I can handle more decals and grass, for whatever reason.
So it's probably fine to let it be - but I'm hoping this'll show up when search-engine'd, just in case other people are wondering what's up.

Thanks, by the way, for the mouseover tooltips. Since I'm a dabbler, they really help me figure out what things do... :)