LOD not loading in properly, either massively delayed or doesn't load in at all

jmeyer73

Question

Here is a video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zhVo5oUd10&feature=youtu.be

As you can see, the lod sometimes just doesn't load in properly, even if I go right up to it. This can be incredibly annoying and immersion breaking. I am using the medium preset.

Also, lod such a massive rocks, which very obviously flicker right in front of me, if I doesn't decide to break and not load in at all. 

I have no idea why this is happening. It happens even on a new save, and I really don't think i'm doing anything wrong. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Edited by jmeyer73

1 answer to this question

It seems to me that the LOD loads, but does not unload when a cell attaches.

Check if this is object LOD not unloading. Open console and type tll to check if the objects go away. If the object is still visible then, it is dynamic LOD and should show a Form ID in console when clicked on.

This is probably static object LOD as it stuck around when dynamic LOD was disabled from the MCM page.

Static object LOD not unloading is typically caused by memory problems or wrong INI settings. If you use Memory Patch, try Crash Fixes USeOSAllocators and vice versa. If you use Crash Fixes, make sure CustomMemoryBlock is setup and not hitting 100%. Use BethINIs.

Post/upload DynDOLOD log from last generation.