[Skyrim STEP Extended] Really, I mean REALLY long first time loading.

After installing this pack (and a few other mods) I will have to do every patch again, right?

FNIS, DynDOLOD, Dual Sheath, Bashed...

Depends on the mods you add. Bashed Patch with every change, yes. FNIS only if you add a mod that will affect character animations or the character skeleton, DynDOLOD if it will affect the exterior landscapes (structures, not textures), etc. When in doubt, you can just run it, and at worst you've wasted a few minutes of time.

I know I posted this as solved. However I though being able to load the intro was good enough.

When I create my character I experience the first bug: they all have Iron Helmets on.

Next, when I go through the tower (the first building you enter in the game after you nearly get your head chopped off) and get to the place where Alduin makes a hole and you jump to the roof of the destroyed I noticed that the fire textures that linger on the floor after Alduin shouts Fire Breath, are all pink missing textures.

Finally, shortly after falling into the inn's roof after jumping from the tower, I experience a CTD.

I know I probably am a bother with all these posts, I'm sorry, but I really do apreciate your help.

The helmet issue is a known issue because by certain mods. You can simply wait until after the cave exit and then go into race menu to design your character. ( open console and type: showracemenu ) I have this fixed on STEP v3 with the patch.

The other two issues are going to be on your system alone. The fire is probably the mod ultimate fire effects. The CTD could be a multitude of things.

The helmet issue is a known issue because by certain mods. You can simply wait until after the cave exit and then go into race menu to design your character. ( open console and type: showracemenu ) I have this fixed on STEP v3 with the patch.

The other two issues are going to be on your system alone. The fire is probably the mod ultimate fire effects. The CTD could be a multitude of things.

You mean you're still working to release STEP V3?

You mean you're still working to release STEP V3?

Yep. It's a compete rework of the guide, but also includes a complete rework of our web presence, framework that the guides are built on, and new content. Pretty much everything is being built or rebuilt from scratch.

I've handled all the guide work by myself. The Extended Guide is basically complete and in the testing phase. The Core Guide can be put together and finished with a few days of work since all the work for it was, more or less, competed within the reworking of the Extended Guide.

Yep. It's a compete rework of the guide, but also includes a complete rework of our web presence, framework that the guides are built on, and new content. Pretty much everything is being built or rebuilt from scratch.

I've handled all the guide work by myself. The Extended Guide is basically complete and in the testing phase. The Core Guide can be put together and finished with a few days of work since all the work for it was, more or less, competed within the reworking of the Extended Guide.

Allright, no need to waste time on the actual one then. And besides I needed a new GPU anyway I wanted to play Skyrim to it's fullest so I'll just save some money to buy one while you guys make this thing even better than it already is.

Great work!

EDIT: For the time being I'll uninstall the game to save up some 50 gigs of space.

Will the STEP team make a FTEP guide in the future eventually?

Edited by EnfantNicolas