Mod Organizer can't connect to Nexus.

NightWolf

Question

7 answers to this question

Same here :confusion:  :confusion: I think there was some sort of announcement some time ago which might have affected this, it was about NMM but it might have also affected MO not sure about this just guessing :/

Someone help solve this!!

Edited by CodeNamed1

Hey people i've managed to fix it with some research in the MO2 thread on Nexus yesterday. As i don't want to migrate from MO to MO2 for the moment this is working for the downloads and connecting to Nexus.

Add following line to the "hosts" files for a temporary workaround:

77.72.3.39  nmm.nexusmods.com   # legacy-api.nexusmods.com

if there is someone wondering the "host" file is the one located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc open it with notepad and add the aforementioned line at the end.

• +1 1

Hey people i've managed to fix it with some research in the MO2 thread on Nexus yesterday. As i don't want to migrate from MO to MO2 for the moment this is working for the downloads and connecting to Nexus.

Add following line to the "hosts" files for a temporary workaround:

77.72.3.39  nmm.nexusmods.com   # legacy-api.nexusmods.com

if there is someone wondering the "host" file is the one located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc open it with notepad and add the aforementioned line at the end.

Thanks for this. This seems to work for some mods, but mods it doesn't work with still have to be manually downloaded. Kinda weird how spotty it is. As a user who personally HATES MO2 because of it's absolute buggy and unusable mess of a client, this is fairly valuable. Seems like every time I launch MO2 it has a new, stupid problem. 

Thanks for this. This seems to work for some mods, but mods it doesn't work with still have to be manually downloaded. Kinda weird how spotty it is. As a user who personally HATES MO2 because of it's absolute buggy and unusable mess of a client, this is fairly valuable. Seems like every time I launch MO2 it has a new, stupid problem. 

Clearly you have not been using MO2 as it is far from a "buggy and unstable mess".

While the "hosts file edit temporary workaround" may help solve downloading from Nexus, I cannot start my TTW Fallout3/NV modded game, nor my SkyrimSTEP via the script extender in Mod Organizer 1.3.11

Here is a troubleshooting thread I started documenting the thrashing about I have done so far...

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/ttw-will-not-start-mod-organizernmm-update

I never installed NMM and have always manually downloaded and installed into MO folder, so I have no idea what the problem is not being able to play these games, or if this NMM update is a red herring.