Sort button isn't working.

Break

Question

Greetings.

I run LOOT without any problem through Mod Organaizer, and it sorts the mods correctly in the right panel, but when I hit the sort button in MO, it does not sorts the mods in the left panel.

I run as administrator, everything is out of the program files folder, I refreshed the list of mods, reinstall the programs.

What could be going on?

8 answers to this question

The sort button only works on the ESPs and ESMs in the right pane, is this what you meant to say?

Hm, the mods of the right panel are sorted with LOOT and everything looks good on that panel, no problem with the order there. But when I hit the sort button in MO, the left panel stays the same, I understand that these should change with a similar order to the right side; But nothing changes at all, no matter how disorganized the left panel is.

Hm, the mods of the right panel are sorted with LOOT and everything looks good on that panel, no problem with the order there. But when I hit the sort button in MO, the left panel stays the same, I understand that these should change with a similar order to the right side; But nothing changes at all, no matter how disorganized the left panel is.

What "sort" button are you referring to? The only left pane mod "sort" function in MO (1 and 2) that I know of is a Potential "fix" for what MO concedes as mod conflicts. The user would be made aware of this instance by means of a red triangle that looks like a traffic yield sign. If you click on this triangle it will state "Potential mod order problem" and a fix button next to it. Is this what you are referring to?

Edit: do not know why I seem to not be able to edit my first post, but anywho, I realized I made an error in that MO2 does not do the potential mod order problem, yet, due to the fact that it currently does not support the MO1 ability for mod conflict to my knowledge anyway.

But I can for some reason edit this post, lol. w/e

Edited by CovertSlinky

What "sort" button are you referring to? The only left pane mod "sort" function in MO (1 and 2) that I know of is a Potential "fix" for what MO concedes as mod conflicts. The user would be made aware of this instance by means of a red triangle that looks like a traffic yield sign. If you click on this triangle it will state "Potential mod order problem" and a fix button next to it. Is this what you are referring to?

I'm talking about the button on the right side, (the one that I locks in a rectangle):

As you can see, the mods on the right side are tidy, but on the left side they are always disorganized. (This also happens with MO1 by the way.)

I understand that when I click on the "sort" button the mods on the left side should be sorted, is that correct?
Edited by Break

I'm talking about the button on the right side, (the one that I locks in a rectangle):

As you can see, the mods on the right side are tidy, but on the left side they are always disorganized. (This also happens with MO1 by the way.)

I understand that when I click on the "sort" button the mods on the left side should be sorted, is that correct?

No, that "sort" button is a built-in LOOT function, and is not recommended to be used because it's entirely possible to be outdated as opposed to downloading and installing the latest LOOT yourself. The built-in LOOT would only get updated whenever MO is updated and the two programs updates do not coincide.

There is no option to sort the left pane at all. You can use drag and drop to move mode in the priority order you need. The "Sort" button in the picture only acts upon the ESP and ESMs in the right pane.

Oohhh. Ok, thanks!