Mod Organizer doesn't activate mods in game

Oldn00bBlues

Question

Hey all, I've run into a pretty unique situation as of late considering my MO. Whenever I launch the game and attempt to load a previous save (which can only be done after cocing to qasmoke as loading from the main menu just creates an infinite loading screen), it says that all the plugins of that save game are missing (even DLC). Also, when I try to start a new game, it just does the Helgen start despite me having Alternate Life enabled on MO. I have made sure that the directories for the mods, Skyrim, and SKSE are correct, I have tried running TESV, SKSE, MO, and Skyrim launcher as administrator, but nothing helps. It only seems to be a problem with the Skyrim MO because when I use MO for any of the other games, it works just fine. This is also for oldrim, and using MO1 or MO2 yields the same results. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure but think it may be related to problem in this thread and the NMM update  https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13362-mod-organizer-cant-connect-to-nexus/?do=findComment&comment=221616

As mentioned there, I cannot start my TTW FO3/NV game, nor my Oldrim-STEP install from script extender within MO 1.3.11.  I know my TTW Fallout was working yesterday, and now it does not, and absolutely nothing else has changed.

The "hosts" file edit may solve downloads issue from Nexus, but I cannot start any of my MO games.

I don't think this is the issue because I have no problem running SKSE and the game from Mod Organizer 1.3.11. The game starts and loads my old saves just fine. I don't have Tale of Two Wastelands installed yet but I doubt the Nexus issue has anything to do with this either. Editing the hosts file isn't exactly the best course of action either and I suspect it will eventually break when Nexus prunes those old entry points.

It looks as if Mod Organizer can't find some of the DLC content:

20:39:34 [D] mod "Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01" (profile "F:/ModOrganizer2/profiles/SexLab Playthrough") not found
20:39:34 [D] mod "Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02" (profile "F:/ModOrganizer2/profiles/SexLab Playthrough") not found
20:39:34 [D] mod "Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03" (profile "F:/ModOrganizer2/profiles/SexLab Playthrough") not found
20:39:34 [D] mod "Unmanaged: Dawnguard" (profile "F:/ModOrganizer2/profiles/SexLab Playthrough") not found
20:39:34 [D] mod "Unmanaged: Dragonborn" (profile "F:/ModOrganizer2/profiles/SexLab Playthrough") not found
20:39:34 [D] mod "Unmanaged: HearthFires" (profile "F:/ModOrganizer2/profiles/SexLab Playthrough") not found

I also don't see it finding the base game files like Skyrim.esm and Update.esm.

Assuming your Skyrim install is not a crack, and assuming you have all the DLC installed all you need do is start MO and it will see all the files for the vanilla game.

Now if the above is correct, to test just create a new profile and see if you can enable just the base game files and start the game. This will tell us if your current profile is broken somehow.

Regardless of whether the game starts or not post the last created USVFS log here.

Create a new profile, or switch to another one if you have it, and enable just one additional mod and let's see that set of logs.

This doesn't make any sense as you say both MO1 and MO2 yield the same result. This indicates to me that there is no fault with the code, but rather either an error in that specific profile or you are in fact missing those DLC. However as you say you can run the game from Steam and they appear that would seem unlikely.