DynDOLOD 235, Lodgencmd stops working at same point

kojak747

Question

Hi Sheson, 

I've run into a spot of bother whilst running DynDOLOD 235 on Classic.  The process goes OK until about halfway through, when I get a pop-up window "LodGenCMD" has stopped working. I never touched anything so left DynDOLOD to complete but I have to close that pop up window before it finishes and in game there is no LOD of any sort. I'm not quite sure how to proceed here as the same setup worked before, so I'm guessing i have done something dodgy to my load order. I'm not sure what to look for in the logs so if you have a moment and can help me work out what I'm needing to change that would be super helpful and much appreciated.

Cheers

Kojak747

Pastebin to DynDOLOD log

edit: just double checked and i do have LOD for stuff like animated waterfalls and windmills, so maybe it's the tree lod thats broken?

Edited by kojak747

4 answers to this question

You could get the latest LODGen.exe/LODGenx64.exe from latest xLODGen beta and replace the olders ones in ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\ 

It will probably make no difference for the cause of the problem, but it i might have a better error message.

From the DynDOLOD log I can see it reported that the LODGen log for Tamriel is empty, which suggests an early problem and exception.

Look at the FAQs There were errors in one or more LODGen logs resulting in incomplete static object LOD and Incomplete static LOD / LODGen.exe crash

Use its suggestion to switch to expert mode to just restart LODGen.exe for the problematic worldspace. If it crashes again,  bring the LODGen.exe command prompt window to the front and copy and paste / screenshot the entire error message.

IT WORKS!

I updated to the latest lodgen but more importantly re-instated the standalone oak passthru nifs, which i had hidden previously. Previously I was also using MO138, and am now on MO231. I'm guessing MO231's new VFS is less tolerant of my shenanigans with DynDOLOD resources, hiding nifs and expecting it to work when I don't even have files in the correct folder structure.  I think what was wrong was those new oak hybrid lods I put together utilising the new oak textures - they were at dyndolod/lod/trees *passthru.nif, whereas you have them at dyndolod/lod/trees/ztrees *passthru.nif. Anyway, I moved them about so the new oak hybrid lods were overwriting your lods, and it only bloody worked. 

THANKYOU!!!