Using MO(Original) and MO2 the same time??

CodeNamed1

Question

So I am currenly using MO(original) BUT because of stopped support of MO  (No nexus page connection) and other reasons I am thinking about creating a new Mod list using MO2 BUT I have also got a good list of mods and I have played some time with that list so I have a save in it. In which I have used MO (original).

Now I could just do the same thing with MO2 what I did with MO and continue the save BUT that would take time... (and time we have so little…)and I also would like to make a different kind of game then what I have previosly so I could play both from time to time. SO does it mess up my Skyrim if I would keep using MO (original) to play my current old save game and also same time use MO2 to make completly different kind of mod list so I could make different kind of character and just switch the MO version to play the game the way I feel like in that time.???

All I really have done to the Skyrim game folder is installed SKSE (which I would use in both anyway..), ENB (which I know how to change if need so), DynDOLOD should not be a problem?. well MO (original is in there also, don't know does that matter?) and other kind of necessary tools are located there which don't really matter. Yeah and also I play with Requiem so there's some files created by it but those don't matter if Requiem is not active in MOd list, I think?`?. So basicly Its almost in vanilla stage, right?

Thx for any comments about the subject :)

6 answers to this question

You can use both Mod Organizer 1 and Mod Organizer 2 without any issues. You can also find Mod Organizer 1.3.14 in the Miscellaneous Files section of the Mod Organizer 2 page on Nexus that fixes the Nexus connection issue. It's listed as Mod Organizer 1 Legacy. Just keep in mind this is likely the last release of Mod Organizer 1 since all development is focused strictly on Mod Organizer 2.

Note that anything in the Skyrim directory will be shared with both Mod Organizer 1 and Mod Organizer 2 so you'll need to be careful if you update anything in the Skyrim directory. Basically I mean if you update SKSE you'll need to update the SKSE files in the Skyrim folder and also in your MO1 and MO2 profiles to keep everything in sync.

But how to run two versions of ModOrganizer at the same time (old v1 and new v2)?

I want to move from the old Skyrim to the new one.

Currently have this message: "An instance of mod organizer is already running"
maybe running exe with some parameter will work around this problem?

But how to run two versions of ModOrganizer at the same time (old v1 and new v2)?

I want to move from the old Skyrim to the new one.

Currently have this message: "An instance of mod organizer is already running"

maybe running exe with some parameter will work around this problem?

You can't run two instances at once by design. What you can do is point both instances to the location of the downloads, profiles and installed mods from the settings dialog. I have set up my system so that I have them on a separate drive from where I have the game and MO installed. This way I can install a new version of MO for testing and point it to those locations without mucking up my working copy.

And in addition to the above answers, the NXM Handler portion (the part that tells Nexus which program to use) will see no difference between MO and MO2... meaning that whichever you originally set up as the program to hand NXM links will always be brought up to handle downloads.