Creating Bashed Patch through MO2

whitelion1284

Question

Every time I try (re)building a Bashed Patch Wrye Bash becomes unresponsive and never actually creates the patch. I have bash installed within steamapps/common/skyrimse/mopy. I have added the executable to MO2. It seems to run fine... until I actually try creating that patch. As of this moment Bash is still "working" on the patch... just as it has been for the better part of the last hour.

So does anyone know if I've done something wrong? What do I do to make this patch?

Thanks ahead of time.

Cheers

10 answers to this question

I was having the same problem, with LE. The only "solution" was to build a TES5 Merge Patch first. I didn't try to put the bash patch in MO2. Look @ my thread, there are some log file you should pull up and post.

Thanks for the reply, Edorian.

SSEedit runs just fine through my MO2 client. I've created any number of Patches with it and use it regularly for conflict resolution, etc. Bash "runs" just fine from within MO2... it just won't finish creating the Bashed Patch and seems to be trying to work with game's actual data folder instead of MO2's virtual data folder. I'm not an expert on either tool so I'm here.

As far as "checking out your thread"... I don't have a clue, mate. I've no idea what you're talking about. Got a link?

In any case, Cheers

Thanks for the reply, Edorian.

SSEedit runs just fine through my MO2 client. I've created any number of Patches with it and use it regularly for conflict resolution, etc. Bash "runs" just fine from within MO2... it just won't finish creating the Bashed Patch and seems to be trying to work with game's actual data folder instead of MO2's virtual data folder. I'm not an expert on either tool so I'm here.

As far as "checking out your thread"... I don't have a clue, mate. I've no idea what you're talking about. Got a link?

In any case, Cheers

If you have MO2 and WB installed on a separate drive, other than your C: drive, then you'll need to change your user temporary files location to the same drive where MO2 and WB are located.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13388-mo-2-wrye-bash-and-skyrim-le/ is the thread. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with Wrye Bash. No @ Tech Angel85 I have Wrye on my game Drive D: and MO2 is on my Mod F: drive. My boot drive is kept to Windows as much as possible, I have my H: for other programs and storage. I only use WB to create Bashed patches and may just switch to Mator Smash now that it's out of Alpha.

Edited by Edorion

Akatosh? The Old Smaug Himself?!
:D
(Apologies, I'm nearly fifty years old, have been a fan of TES since Morrowind... and I do believe that I am having... is this a fanboy moment? lol I think it is. Okay. I'll stop now. :P )

Right. So. In any case; thank you both for your replies and attention. Edorion I will check out that thread shortly.

Akatosh, I changed the targets for both Environmental Variables (Temp and Tmp) Then I restarted my machine... and then all my applications said "DUNG! Where's our stuff?!" Do I have to copy or cut and paste from the old folder to the new? Or are there more steps that I should really learn about before making changes? - My apologies if these are fundamental questions. I've been a machinist mate in the USN and then a carpenter for much of my adult life. I'm afraid the realms of modern software are essentially foreign lands to me.

In any case, cheers and thanks again. :D

Just in case if someone still looking for information how to fix this problem.

I manage to get the Wrye Bash to create the Bashed Patch through MO2 base on suggestion by TechAngel85 above.

My Wrye Bash, MO2 and SSE are all install under drive E, and I have problem creating bashed patch when I left the "Start in" folder of Wyre Bash empty (in "Modify Executables" in MO2)

I can create the Bashed Patch after I change the "Start in" folder for Wyre Bash to

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data

Same drive with Wyre Bash and MO2.

Wrye Bash only adds the patch to the (real) data folder, if there was already a bashed patch before starting making the patch through MO2/WryeBash.

For myself the reason, was that I opened once WB directly (not trough MO2). So WB created one empty bashed patch in the Data Folder.

Edited by derterber