6 replies to this topic

#1 jcamp

jcamp

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:01 PM

Attached File  Capture.PNG   12.26KB   0 downloads

I manually installed the resource files and have it checked on ModOrganizer2, they are up-to-date with my standalone files, added the -sse argument and now I'm generally confused because my TextGen worked completely fine but DynDOLOD refuses to work. Can anyone help me with this? 

#2 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:39 AM

DynDOLOD checks if a few key files exist in the load order. Either the required core files from DynDOLOD Resources SE are not installed completey in the correct location in the data folder / mod manager equivalent or something (UAC, anti virus) is preventing access.

Make sure the DynDOLOD Resources SE download is complete. Since you seem to be using a mod manager that supports the FOMod installer I suggest to install the archive the normal way.

Edited by sheson, 23 May 2018 - 02:15 AM.

#3 Nukesup

Nukesup

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:51 PM

I'm having the same problem as jcamp. I'm using MO v2.1.2, following a guide by TechAngel85.

I downloaded both the resources and the standalone as version 2.37. I installed the resources through MO and everything appears to have been installed correctly. Running TexGen returns a solid output and I installed the output as a mod but when opening DynDOLOD I get this:

Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources SE core files required to create improved LOD.
RTFM DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html requirements section.
Verify the core files from DynDOLOD Resources SE archive has been installed completly.
Verify the game is starting in the desired game mode. Current mode: SSE
Current Data path C:\SteamLibrary\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\

The data path is correct. The only thing I can think of is that MO by default is installing my mods in %appdata% and I don't know if DynDOLOD knows to look for them in there...Does it account for that or do I have to reinstall all my mods in a specific place so it can find them?

#4 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:44 AM

DynDOLOD looks for game data files in the mentioned games data path.

If you use MO and you start DynDOLOD from its executable drop down all installed and activated mods are mapped to the games data path through the virtual file system (e.g. mod manager equivalent).

Make sure all of the core files from DynDOLOD Resources SE are installed to a MO mod folder and appear in the virtual data folder - MO right window, data tab.

Edited by sheson, 14 June 2018 - 03:47 AM.

#5 Nukesup

Nukesup

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:17 AM

It's installed through MO, shows up in the data pane and it's in the physical folder, I only run DynDOLOD from MO too. I've been tearing my hair out over here trying to figure this out. XD

Thanks for your timely response Sheson.

https://i.imgur.com/2Vtjhge.jpg

Here's exactly what I have right now.

Edit: I think it's important to note all my other mods work.

Edited by Nukesup, 15 June 2018 - 09:22 AM.

#6 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:40 AM

The DynDOLOD folder and files shown in the screenshot are not from DynDOLOD Resources SE core files, but DynDOLOD Resources SE optionals.
DynDOLOD.exe checks if a few key files from DynDOLOD Resources SE core files exist in the meshes and textures folders of the load order.

The screenshot shows that you started DynDOLOD in TES5 mode instead of SSE mode, so it look in the data folder of Skyrim instead of Skyrim SE.

Edited by sheson, 15 June 2018 - 09:41 AM.

#7 Nukesup

Nukesup

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:40 AM

HA! You're amazing. I assumed it was running in SSE mode because I added the "-sse" argument to the shortcut MO was referencing but MO was ignoring that argument and running it without it because the link in the program list didn't have "-sse" in the argument line. After changing the argument line to include it everything worked perfectly.

I assume this would be the reasoning behind most people's DynDOLOD not working.

Thanks for being a champion!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users