Fallout 76 - new game from Bethesda!

Fallout 76 is an online-only game with light survival elements - base building, what appears to be destructible bases / objects... and every NPC in the world... is an online player.  Meaning there are no NPC's in the world.  It's basically Rust light with a Fallout skin.

So unlikely the modding community can have much or any impact if it's all online. I AM excited about TESVI & FO5 whenever those come to be. akaVIri setting?

Everyone kept spouting off other locations but barely anyone mentioned Akavir being possible!

I WANT TO SEE MONKEY AND SNAKE-MEN BETHESDA, I WANT WEEB SCROLLS.

Could be they give us the whole continent, wasn't it Arena that let you trot across Tamriel fighting in many major towns and cities? Maybe more points of interest around the continent get added through DLC? What a playground that would be for the modding community. I would still love to get some wild new vistas, Akavir or the south seas with their mer & sloads, but maybe those are better imagined than realized to keep their mystery. 

Both Arena and Daggerfall let you tromp over the entire continent... but to be fair, in those days the graphics were not exactly... amazing. To do that now at the detail levels expected over the entire continent would be impressive, but I think unlikely. While the idea of going to Akavir would be interesting, I think it won't happen this time around, not with areas of Tamriel that still haven't been done. Really, only four provinces have been done with any real detail to this point (Morrowind, Cyrodil, Skyrim, and the Redguard home province, the latter of which was in a fairly bad action RPG game), so areas like Vallenwood or Blackmarsh or High Rock still need doing before we head off to more exotic locales.

All that said, this topic is supposed to be FO76's... so I think I'll shut up now and let the topic slide back over to that. :)

Right, after seeing the presentation and reading some articles I don't think I will be getting this game. It's a shame they went this route. It's not about the fact that "OMG multiplayer" and "it's a betrayal" tantrums I've seen all over the internet though.

I simply don't enjoy survival/crafting games and that's what F76 is all about it would have seem. Plus the fact that there are no NPC's, just players is another feature I don't find appealing at all. While I don't mind multiplayer games in general, Fallout is not a game I would like to play with other people. It was always a single player experience to me and I would like for it to remain that way. 

I'm a little disappointed, but I think the feeling is more of a "meh, whatever, not bothered". I didn't quite enjoy Fallout 4 when it came out (digression: too much pew pew, not enough role playing... I am planning to give it another go soon though, now that there are a lot of mods for it) so Beth further drifting away from what Fallout series was always about to me personally is not really that surprising. It makes me sad and disappointed for sure, but it makes me mostly stop caring about the series. Real shame. 

I don't really blame Beth that much though, as those kind of games are quite popular now and it seems like a reasonable decision from business point of view. 

I will wait until the game is out and actually see what it's all about to make a final decision of whether to get it or not, but as it currently stands, they will not be getting my money for Fallout 76. 

We'll see what will they make with TES6. 

Big +1 on single player, stick to quality writing + community modding.

FO5 & TESVI sound much more my cup of tea.

It would be cool if Beth's take on multi-player crafting/survival surprised me, but those always seem like a schoolyard/prisonyard microcosm to me, not interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to playing it with my old ME3 multiplayer coop crowd, it should be fun. Not expecting depth or Fallout 5 TESVI or anything the next "single player RPG" is going to be Starfield and I am interested to see there take on that but I am expecting 2019-2020 before release. Next single player I am really hyped about is Cyberpunk 2077. I GMed the old 2013/2020 back in the day and loved that game sooo hard. I am guessing some of you weren't even born then. ::):