Download error, stuck in tutorial

lauchbrot

Question

Hey,

after successfully ruining my stable skyrim build, i wanted to try a new mod manager. In the tutorial, i run into the .dll error (solved) and this one here.

post-12857-0-62621500-1528552559_thumb.jpg

translates to:

tried to load an Assembly off a Network Address.

In past versions of the .net Framework this lead to running the Assembly as Sandbox-Assembly, but in this (newer) version the CAS-guideline isnt activated by default, so the loading process could be dangerous.

If you dont want to create a Sandbox-Assembly, activate the loadFromRemoteRources-Lever?/button? (idk).

More information: "http ....."

The link leads to a website, wich is totally useless (for me at least).

So yeah, i have no idea what to do and i didnt find this issue mentioned before anywhere, so id really appreciate some help. (Win7 x64 btw)

thanks

Edit: here is the debug-log, but it doesnt tell much honestly

15:52:04 [D] nexus category id 42 maps to internal 53

15:52:04 [D] mod id guessed: SkyUI_5_1-3863-5-1.7z -> -1

15:52:04 [D] passed mod id: 3863, guessed id: -1

15:52:04 [D] using mod name "SkyUI" (id 3863) -> SkyUI_5_1-3863-5-1.7z

15:52:04 [D] Opened "C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/ModOrganizer/Skyrim1/downloads/SkyUI_5_1-3863-5-1.7z" using "7z" (from signature)

15:52:06 [D] running C:\Games\MO2\NCC\NexusClientCLI.exe -g Skyrim -p "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim1\profiles\Default" -gd "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim" -d "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Lo...

15:52:11 [D] brought window to front

Edited by lauchbrot

5 answers to this question

Hey,

so i solved the problem.

it was an issue with .net-Framework, not with MO2 itself.

If anyone else runs into this problem, here is a fix (at your own risk):

You need to edit the machine.config of your newest .net version with Notepad (run in admin mode)

%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\[version]\config\machine.config (or for x64 use ...\Framework64\...)

Then you need to add

<runtime>

<loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/>
</runtime>

into the <configuration> brackets, 

or change the value of loadFromRemoteSources from "false" to "true" if it already exists

reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28339116/not-allowed-to-load-assembly-from-network-location

Are you running Mod Organizer from a shared folder on the local network? If not, do you have any idea what assembly it's trying to load from a remote network? I'm just curious because I've never run into this error with Mod Organizer before.

Are you running Mod Organizer from a shared folder on the local network? If not, do you have any idea what assembly it's trying to load from a remote network? I'm just curious because I've never run into this error with Mod Organizer before.

My best guess is that MO2 is installed on my (C:) and Skyrim is on my (D:) harddrive. I will test that as soon as i have reinstalled the game.

It doesnt make much sense but thats all ive got.

Edited by lauchbrot

This should not have anything to do with this issue. I currently have Skyrim on C: and Mod Organizer on F: and it runs fine, although I want to move Steam and Skyrim over to F: at some point in the future to get it off the boot drive.

This should not have anything to do with this issue. I currently have Skyrim on C: and Mod Organizer on F: and it runs fine, although I want to move Steam and Skyrim over to F: at some point in the future to get it off the boot drive.

another idea: i was trying to install skyui, and installing this mod triggers the installing from nexus mod manager thing (i hope you know what i mean), thats when the error popped up. i sadly didnt try other mods that time, cause mainly i didnt know MO2 installs mods differently sometimes.