xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 109 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Thanks, it's building now. Though that also mean the worldspace got corrupted somehow  :confusion:

Symptom: Map menu go completely awire when opening it from certain exterior cells. 

Ignored duplicate CELL data for 34,-24
Data from -32,-32 to 34,34

I fully get the meaning of the first line (exactly what you explained in the previous post). Not so sure about the 2nd though ? 

Edited by Kesta

Thanks, it's building now. Though that also mean the worldspace got corrupted somehow  :confusion:

Symptom: Map menu go completely awire when opening it from certain exterior cells. 

Ignored duplicate CELL data for 34,-24
Data from -32,-32 to 34,34

I fully get the meaning of the first line (exactly what you explained in the previous post). Not so sure about the 2nd though ? 

You should be able to fix that problem with xEdit I suppose.

Data from -32,-32 to 34,34 is just a status line printing the min SW and max NE coordinates of the data that was found in the *.bin file.

IS FO4Lodgen supposed to create textures? I'm pretty sure it used to. It's creating the textures/terrain/objects folders for the different worldspaces but not generating any textures for them. I've watched the generator and see this <Warning: Texture not found "textures\landscape\ground\commonwealthdefault01_d.dds"> pop up when it completes the individual worldspace. I extracted the "textures\landscape\ground\commonwealthdefault01_d.dds"from the Fallout 4 - Textures1.ba2 and put it in as a loose file within a test folder and FO4LODGen did generate textures but I'm pretty sure they're wrong. I'm guessing its not pulling the required textures needed from the ba2? 

Nothing has changed in my setup, (updated to latest MO2 version, added a couple weapon mods and Northern Springs (which is why I was generating a new file). Disabled those and tried again, still not generating textures. The meshes are generating normally though. Not sure what I'm missing.

Edited by Barthanes

IS FO4Lodgen supposed to create textures?

This questions answers itself from the xLODGen interface. xLODGen generates an object LOD texture atlas when object LOD is created and the option to create the object LOD texture atlas is checked. xLODGen generate terrain LOD diffuse/normal textures when generating terrain LOD and the checkbox to create these textures are checked

I'm guessing its not pulling the required textures needed from the ba2?

xLODGen uses the files it finds in the current load order the same way the game does. The log shows which BSA/BA2 were loaded based on INI settings and plugins. Use that to troubleshoot and fix the load order.

Edited by sheson

This did not generate LOD to match installed terrain textures on SSE, everything looks exactly the same. No idea what what I could have done wrong. WHat is the folder to delete what was generated?

Edited by rhob242

This did not generate LOD to match installed terrain textures on SSE, everything looks exactly the same. No idea what what I could have done wrong. WHat is the folder to delete what was generated?

I suggest to read the first post, then read the included readme and then read the logs that are created while generating LOD.

I am not going to wonder why there would be a need to delete anything if everything still looks the same or why someone would even ask that instead of trying to fix what they did wrong.

Building Terrain LOD for Oldrim in MO (so using the 32 bit xLODGen binary) I need to set Optimise Unseen for LOD32 to off when building for DLC2SolstheimWorld. Otherwise the process aborts with an 'Error optimising unseen triangles'. This occurs even on a base install with nothing but the official DLC (Including optimised textures).

Is this to be expected (ie, Solstheim's just that complex a worldspace) or should I be looking elsewhere?

Building Terrain LOD for Oldrim in MO (so using the 32 bit xLODGen binary) I need to set Optimise Unseen for LOD32 to off when building for DLC2SolstheimWorld. Otherwise the process aborts with an 'Error optimising unseen triangles'. This occurs even on a base install with nothing but the official DLC (Including optimised textures).

Is this to be expected (ie, Solstheim's just that complex a worldspace) or should I be looking elsewhere?

Did the error also say "Set Optimize Unseen for LOD level X to off or use x64 version"?

In that case turn the feature off or use xLODGenx64. Update to MO 2.x if that feature of xLODGen is important to you.

Alternatively limit the area to generate meshes in several steps.

Edited by sheson

Did the error also say "Set Optimize Unseen for LOD level X to off or use x64 version"?

In that case turn the feature off or use xLODGenx64. Update to MO 2.x if that feature of xLODGen is important to you.

Alternatively limit the area to generate meshes in several steps.

Thanks Sheson, but I've done my homework and I'm aware of what the error says, what it means and what my options are. 

All I'm trying to determine before possibly wasting time reinstalling from steam and cleaning masters is whether this is to be expected in this scenario, or whether somewhere in my modding adventures I've corrupted the DLC.  I'd consider the latter improbable, but I note that nobody has mentioned this at all in this thread, so I'm concerned that it's a possibility.

All I'm trying to determine before possibly wasting time reinstalling from steam and cleaning masters is whether this is to be expected in this scenario, or whether somewhere in my modding adventures I've corrupted the DLC.  I'd consider the latter improbable, but I note that nobody has mentioned this at all in this thread, so I'm concerned that it's a possibility.

In case it is not obvious from my question, the message is not always the same depending on the cause.

If a program makes suggestions, I suggest to try them first.

(Should the textures be inserted into a Ba2? 30 gigabytes is a rather large ba2. It probably won't work, I think, and should be broken up into 8 sets of 4gb.)

You should definitely put them into an archive, LOD textures compress really well and the resulting BA2 won't be even close to 30gb in size. My own xLODGen output for Fo4 was around 12gb and the compressed BA2 is 1.69gb in size.

Just out of curiosity, are there any benefits from basing the latest beta versions of xLODGen on the new experimental builds of xEdit? Such as improved speed or stability?

It is possible that it is a bit faster, since some optimizations were made working with plugins, however those are marginal  compared to generating meshes with LODGen or creating (terrain) textures with are image routines that already use multi-threading. (The upcoming update of DynDOLOD is actually 1 or 2 mins faster it seems because creating the plugins is faster). The latest LODGen is a bit faster, too.

The important benefit is the updated plugin loader that supports ESLs properly.

Anytime I post an xLODGen update means that something in regards to LOD generation was updated or refined (like better error handling for example) - not just because xEdit was updated (as it is updated daily right now). If there are changes in LOD generation itself I will detail them in a post.

Edited by sheson

Alright, good to know, thanks for the answer! :)

Anytime I post an xLODGen update means that something in regards to LOD generation was updated or refined (like better error handling for example) - not just because xEdit was updated (as it is updated daily right now). If there are changes in LOD generation itself I will detail them in a post.

Yeah I'm aware that xLODGen updates independently from xEdit I was just curious in this particular case since you specifically mentioned the build it was based on.

Is there a way to increase mesh and texture quality of object LOD similar to the way you can set quality and resolution for terrain LOD? Since Fallout 4 has no DynDOLOD I was wondering if there is a way to improve the object lod similar to the way you can set the quality for meshes and resolution for terrain LOD in xLODGen.

Edited by El_Rizzo