SRLE Extended LOTD - Graphics issue with M.A.S - Hair Clipping Issue

HarryCards

Question

Hello again STEP community,

I was wondering if I may be able to get some help regarding a couple of issues in my game, I have followed the SRLE Extended LOTD guide (fantastic guide , thanks) and cant wrap my head around why these glitches happen.

The issues are -

1. Vanishing land areas around M.A.S area and completely transparent land underwater (Console tells me it is M.A.S related at least, might be something to do with water mods?).

2. A clipping issue with a certain KS Renewal Hairdo.

please find images at this link with visual depictions of said issues

https://imgur.com/gallery/zb1g4QQ

Thank you :)

3 answers to this question

Managed to figure out that it is a load order issue for issue 1. Am afraid to mess with the load order though and would prefer loot to sort it out in case I move it below a patch or something.

Is there a way to see what mod is interfering with it and move it below that? is that a safe modding practice?

Thanks

That I'm aware of, nothing will flat out tell you which mod interferes with another. If you have some idea of which mods it might be, then (in general) it's safe enough to move some esp's around for testing. You may want to create a clone of your current profile to do it in though, just to make sure you have a known setup to go back to if it does mess something up.

If you know one mod that is being part of the problem, you could right-click that mod in the MO screen and click on "information" (I think it is...) and then the conflicts tab. That will show you every file that mod overwrites and everything that overwrites it... so both ends of the spectrum so to speak. May give you a better place to start experimenting from.

Keep in mind also, it may not be load order - it could just be the order the mod was activating in. Example - if Mod B overwrites a bunch of texture files in Mod A, but Mod A has an esp lower in the load order than Mod B, then the game could still run smoothly and give an unintended graphical issue. The Left Pane of MO is just as valid a possible cause of a graphical issue as the Right Pane is, so don't exclude that from your troubleshooting.

• +1 1

Thank you 

That I'm aware of, nothing will flat out tell you which mod interferes with another. If you have some idea of which mods it might be, then (in general) it's safe enough to move some esp's around for testing. You may want to create a clone of your current profile to do it in though, just to make sure you have a known setup to go back to if it does mess something up.

If you know one mod that is being part of the problem, you could right-click that mod in the MO screen and click on "information" (I think it is...) and then the conflicts tab. That will show you every file that mod overwrites and everything that overwrites it... so both ends of the spectrum so to speak. May give you a better place to start experimenting from.

Keep in mind also, it may not be load order - it could just be the order the mod was activating in. Example - if Mod B overwrites a bunch of texture files in Mod A, but Mod A has an esp lower in the load order than Mod B, then the game could still run smoothly and give an unintended graphical issue. The Left Pane of MO is just as valid a possible cause of a graphical issue as the Right Pane is, so don't exclude that from your troubleshooting.

Thanks for your reply, I created a cloned profile and played around with moving the esps and it seems I can fix the land issue by moving the MAS esp to the bottom of my load order. However this then adds a transparent area to the area next to MAS which the console tells me is related to undeath.esp, it also reshapes the land, so I understand that these two are probably conflicting and inspect them through the information - conflicting tab (thanks for the heads up here, this is very useful!) but all I can see is a few tamriel.dds overwrites by vivid landscapes.

I then made sure everything was installed correctly and in the right order according to the guide which it is, and I have included all compatibility patches and played around with MAS and Undeaths load order in both panes moving one before the other etc.

I then manually edited my load order to replicate that of Darth Marthias at https://modwat.ch/u/Darth_mathias/plugins 

still no dice :(

I suspect this is something really stupid I have missed, im still new to modding but have learnt a lot using this guide, I also see that these mods are true core to the guide so they must work together, just cant figure out what the heck is going on!

Cheers