A Quality World Map - With Roads (by IcePenguin)

stoppingby4now

Nvm, this is using a scripted installed instead of the normal FOMOD method of using .XML files. When installing the new file, the normal FOMOD installer will not appear in MO. Instead you are presented with the option of renaming/merging/etc as if there is no installer. Once you choose an option the external installer runs to install the mod. This is NOT the norm for FOMOD installers so I wanted to give all users a heads up as it even fooled me until I looked into it farther. Very few authors use the .CS script installer instead of the .XML files. They're custom and look great, but are far more tedious to write. I'll have the instructs updated shortly for the main file.

• 6 months later...

What exactly fails for you? This mod installs just fine on my system.

Just to clarify, it will make no difference what settings you have in the 'Settings -- Plugins' tab for 'FOMOD Installer'. This is a C# style fomod and it will ALWAYS use the "Fomod Installer (external)".

• 2 months later...

The description states Install "Solstheim Map (DLC)" although the only optional is DLC Solstheim Map - With Roads is this the one? If so, including the correct title would be less confusing.

https://wiki.step-project.com/A_Quality_World_Map#Recommendations

Yes, "Solstheim Map (DLC)" == "DLC Solstheim Map - With Roads", but... as @Techangel85 points out, you should be using the installer version listed in the "Main" section and choosing those options in the installation process.

• 2 months later...

To report a weird event I can't explain, and what fixed it: the first time I clicked this mod's "Install" button, MO reported in its log "no files in installed mod" and no mod appeared in the MO list.  After some head-scratching, I simply repeated the install, and this time it worked.  So if the mod fails to install, try again.

• 1 year later...

There was a new version, 9.0 Vivid, released in December last year, which may be worth looking at.

For people who prefer clear skies there is also a new file "Add-On - Clear Map Skies", which is recommended over the one bundled in the 8.4 installer which could erroneously remove clouds from the game world.

• +1 1