Skill Interface (by Tko007)

stoppingby4now

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, we're going to be locking the choices for this mod in for Core. Both the Perk Lines and Perk Line Colors will be default to stay with the Core Mandate. Constellations and Perk Stars we'll be going with Enhanced Default. The only option in question is the Star Background. Which option do you think is best and still meets the Core Mandate?

Default Stars - HDR Nebula

Immersive Real Stars (default background with more stars added)

Immersive Real Stars - HDR Nebula

Basically the real question here is, if the HDR Nebula is preferred, is it too far from Vanilla to be considered against the Core Mandate.

so it's this config + the following files for STEP Core:

Skill Interface ReTexture NMM Installer V6 Updated-7308-6-0-0.rar

Dawnguard - Werewolf Interface Patch-7308-.rar

Dawnguard Skill Interface ReTexture-7308-5-0.rar

• 1 month later...

Now that we are advocating Mod Organizer, we could instruct to install this mod as three different mods: One for the main retexture, one for the Dawnguard Werewolf option, and one for the Dawnguard Vampire version. That way, the user could simply enable whichever option they are using at the moment at will, since it is merely a mesh/texture change.

Now that we are advocating Mod Organizer' date=' we could instruct to install this mod as three different mods: One for the main retexture, one for the Dawnguard Werewolf option, and one for the Dawnguard Vampire version. That way, the user could simply enable whichever option they are using at the moment at will, since it is merely a mesh/texture change.[/quote']

This is what I always do, I always thought it'd just be common sense even without changing the instructions I mean it states clearly that you can only use one at a time and Mod Organizer is profile centric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, junior modder here who is lost without step-by-step instructions. I've downloaded and installed the Skill Interface R-Texture. The notes on the STEP Wiki page are Detailed instructions available BCF Available (Dawnguard patch), BCF Available

which link to two more files and instructions on choices which I presume are in the additional files because the Skill Interface Re-Texture didn't allow me to make any of the recommended choices (Star Background, Perk Lines, etc.). I moved the two additional files after download to my Mod Organizer Download file and when I tried to install the two additional files (Skill_Interface_(Dawnguard)_5.0.0-7308-BCF.7z and Skill_Interface_6.0.0-BCF.7z) I get a "No Game Data on Top Level" Error. I've seen this several time now and the solution is to right click on one of the files and choose "Set Data Directory". But in this instance there are two files in each mod: BCR-Missing and BCF.dat with no further instructions on which of the two files to choose.  What do I do to get rid of the "No Game Data on Top Level" error?

The BCFs are for Wrye Bash users. You don't need them. This mod should install via the FOMOD installer in MO which will allow you to make the recommended choices.

Thanks for your insight. Since I don't need the BCFs I first unchecked the box next to BCF.dat, right clicked on BCF-Missing and chose "set data directory" and it didn't get rid of the red warning.

Then I tried the opposite: unchecked the box next to BCR-Missing and its subsidiary file wizard.txt and set BCF.dat as the data directory and still the red script "No game data on top level" was looking at me.

Finally, I tried unchecking all the boxes and set the top line <data> as the data directory. I wasn't surprised that this didn't work either but don't yet know enough about abject futility to not try it.

I'm obviously in a cul-de-sac as a result of a wrong turn but can't see where I went wrong.

EDIT: Perhaps I missed your meaning entirely. Do you mean that since I don't need the BCFs that I shouldn't have downloaded these two files in the first place since I'm using Mod Organizer? Perhaps the only file I need is the first one: Skill Interface Re-Texture which installed immediately?

Edited by maedrhos