3 replies to this topic

#1 GamerPoets

GamerPoets

Jarl

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

Trying to get suggestions, opinions/thoughts.

Texture mods (mesh mods?) to optimize performance. I have 4 so far to test out was hoping to get some others.

-FAR

-Optimized Vanilla Textures

-Vivid All in One

#2 Satur9

Satur9

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:56 PM

I'm new to Fallout 4 myself, but the majority of referrals for modding and texture optimization are for BiRaitBec's guide:

https://www.nexusmod...out4/mods/23556

He uses a batch file to repack the texture archives with higher quality and better performing textures than the default textures. I've given it a try and the results are well worth the extra time and effort. Fallout 4's engine performs far better with the archive format than with loose files. PhyOp - Overhauled Optimized Textures, https://www.nexusmod...out4/mods/27038 are a performance option listed in the guide as an option, but I was satisfied with the texture compilation that is included in the guide.

#3 GamerPoets

GamerPoets

Jarl

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:39 AM

Thanks for the replySatur9,

I know of BiRait. I don't, unfortunately, know how to properly test the performance stuff out beyond fps. Trying to learn more about compression methods, pre-combines and everything else is proving to require more time than I have so I need to rely on those with more knowledge than me when using some mods. Going to look into his texture mods more = ) Thanks

#4 deltaminds

deltaminds

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:09 AM

I would be interested in knowing more about this as well. How are the above mentioned mods working for you? Did you see a significant change?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users