Finished following guide. A few questions and issues
Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:32 PM
1. Made the mistake of installing nv to my program files x86 directory. What are the issues I should expect? I have had some weird "access denied" issues with MO and file explorer but those seemed to have cleared up somehow (wouldn't let me uninstall mods or overwrite mods for the longest time.
2. Weapons of the new millenia. It's in the guide by itself with no mention of Joe foxx animations beforehand. Doesn't wotnm require the animations to even work? I got it installed (I think the right way at least) but I did install the animation stuff (or try to).
3. Had an issue where Nevada skies would not rain anymore. Other parts of the mod were okay though. Is it okay to Uninstall a mod like that and reinstall it? Because that's what I did and it works now. I just hope I didn't mess anything up in its wake.
4. THis is where I currently am: So you have to run this script on every single plugin to finish the guide? Like all 130~ of them? One at a time? I'll do it I'm just making sure I'm not missing a step to make this more automated
One more,if you follow the guide to the t, how many plug-ins do you log by the end?
Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:43 PM
1. It's really best to install the game in a folder you own so you won't run into UAC issues. If you have the GOG version, you can easily uninstall and reinstall. If you have the Steam version, Steam has a guide detailing how to move the game to another folder. If you are using Mod Organizer 1.3.11 or 1.3.15, you can install Mod Organizer pretty much anywhere you want (provided it's not UAC controlled like Program Files), although I recommend not installing Mod Organizer in the game directory. If you are using Mod Organizer 2, do not install Mod Organizer into the game directory because the virtual file system won't work correctly.
2. Weapon Animation Replacers by joefoxx082 is in the Poosh section of the guide (a couple of section after the weapon mods section). Note that Weapon Animation Replacers in the guide appears to be a custom version of the mod so use this one instead of the mods on Nexus.
3. You should be fine if you haven't done any merges or created a bashed patch that requires this mod. Apparently you are up to the Generate Bash Tags section so I think you should be fine.
4. I assume you are referring to generating the bash tags. Yes, it's very tedious and time consuming but you must create the bash tags one mod at a time.
Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:00 PM
I have a couple more questions if you're available..(sorry)
1. In the guide, there are various points where I am supposed to hit (merge) not (replace) when installing mods. Easy enough. But many times I would get a prompt but the guide would not instruct me on the option to select. Does that mean I should hit replace? When I did the guide yesterday I was hitting merge in most of those situations.
2.jsawyer ultimate. I kind of consider this mandatory at this point. Do you know how compatibility is? I have it working fine (with PN too and the jsawyer ultimate PN patch) but I don't want to screw my game down the line. I really can't find any info on F&L + JSU. I'm leaning towards using JSU and not using PN. The mod author suggests doing it this way even though he has a patch.
3.Just trying to be prepared here.. You answered my above question about joefoxxs animations. So in F&L I just follow the guide start to finish right? No jumping around needed? I can get WOTNM then the animations like the guide order insinuates?
4. Since I have almost all I need downloaded already, when reinstalling MO can I just copy my downloads folder to my new mo/downloads? Also should I get the newest MO? I'm on an older version using a workaround to access nexus (it works totally fine)
4. Lastly, are there any mods that you suggest I avoid (even ones not in the guide)? I remember enjoying a few mods that added more prospectors and wastelanders to the game and more.
Startin back now
Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:21 PM
1. You should generally always select Merge unless the guide explicitly states to install as a new mod. The only time I use replace is when I installing the wrong options and need to start fresh by reinstall the mod using the correct options. Think of the two options this way using Unofficial Patch Plus as an example. You install the Unofficial Patch Plus main file and then install the Unofficial Patch Plus - Project Nevada Patch optional file. If you select Merge, everything in Unofficial Patch Plus - Project Nevada Patch is installed into the same mod folder as Unofficial Patch Plus so you have everything from both the main file and the optional file. If you click Replace instead, Mod Organizer deletes everything in the Unofficial Patch Plus mod before installing Unofficial Patch Plus - Project Nevada Patch so now all you have is the optional file. Only use Replace when you need to completely reinstall the mod fresh.
2. I do not know. I just recently purchased Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas from GOG so I'm not really experienced with the mod landscape for these games.
3. Yes, just install the mods in the order listed in the guide. If I remember correctly, you may run across a few plugins with missing masters as you go through the guide, but these are installed later in the guide.
4. If you go to the Mod Organizer 2 page on Nexus, you'll see Mod Organizer 1.3.15 listed as "Mod Organizer 1 Legacy" in the Miscellaneous Files section. This is an updated version of Mod Organizer 1.3.11 that fixes the Nexus download issues. I would use this one with Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas for the time being. Mod Organizer 2 should work fine, but I tend to take small steps.
5. See 3.If you are thinking about adding new mods on top of the guide, I suggest getting the basic guide working first. Once you are comfortable with it and it seems to be working fine, copy your working profile into a new profile and add any additional mods into the new profile. One caveat is that any generated mods (like the bashed patch and FNVLODGen output mod) will need to be separate mods for each profile -- meaning you should have say Bashed Patch FLNV for the bashed patch in the guide and Bashed Batch FLNV+ in the new profile. If you do it this way and find yourself in a mess, you can always go back to the working FLNV profile to start fresh. Just delete the profile you are testing with, copy the working FLNV profile to a new profile, and start again with a good foundation.
Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:24 AM
In the enb boost part in the beginning of the guide. Does this install an enb? Or is this installing the prerequisites to an enb and we need to find an enb we want after?
Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:59 AM
Optional proxy use through enboost
This is confusing. It then wants me to find where the other injector is located and change the name of the d3d9. Dll to what was put on the proxy library line.
-where is the folder with the other injector?
-what do I change the name to? "other_d3d9.Dll"? Should I just skip this part if it's optional?
Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:13 AM
ENBSeries adds memory management capabilities, offloads some extraneous data used by the game into a separate process, and provides additional graphics capabilities that are used by ENB presets but the additional graphics capabilities are mostly disabled.
Follow the Optional Proxy settings instructions only if you are installing an enhanced antialiasing plugin like FXAA for Skyrim. If you are not using one of these plugins, your task is easy... Leave ProxyLibrary alone and set EnableProxyLibrary=false. Note that ENB Series doesn't even look at the ProxyLibrary setting if EnableProxyLibrary=false so you don't need to worry about it.
Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:57 AM
Dropping a mod mid-playthrough might not be ideal, depending on how script heavy it is. Have you tried the Nevada Skies config in-game? Rains are pretty rare, seeing as it is a desert and all... best rule of thumb is to add, not remove, after starting a game. But you can always try the latter at your own risk.
Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:53 AM
Yeah I am going to start a clean save whenever it's time to play.
I never liked PN really it made it feel too much like fallout 4, a feeling I like to avoid at all costs lol.
Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:59 AM
Posted 08 July 2018 - 02:30 PM
2. When installing More perks merged, do I keep more perks, more perks companions, and traits checked in the left pane of MO and just leave more perks merged checked?
Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:55 AM
2. Yes, keep them ticked. If you followed the instructions there should be no additional plugins from them.
EDIT: Out of curiosity, why did PN feel like FO4 to you?
Edited by MonoAccipiter, 10 July 2018 - 08:56 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users