Photo

Games for Windows Live link

Best Answer Kelmych , 09 August 2018 - 05:23 PM

The link was included in the guide only because some versions of Windows 10 seemed to need a few of the files from it to run Fallout 3. GFWL itself hasn’t been needed in a veyr long time (if it was even ever actually needed). Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 danielleonyett

danielleonyett

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:17 AM

hi

I've started following the guide and I've noticed that the link for "gfwliveetup.exe from Microsoft" does not work.

GamerPoet's link (under his youtube video) works. So should I just use that one?

I am running Windows 7 and have Fallout 3 goty from Steam.

thank you

#2 Shadriss

Shadriss

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:18 PM

As long as the link leads to the right program from a good source (and there's no reason to think Poet isn't one), you should be fine.

Haven't played FO3 in a while, but I don't recall needing GFWL to play it, do you?

#3 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:23 PM   Best Answer

The link was included in the guide only because some versions of Windows 10 seemed to need a few of the files from it to run Fallout 3. GFWL itself hasn’t been needed in a veyr long time (if it was even ever actually needed).

#4 Shadriss

Shadriss

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:30 PM

I thought not - IIRC, the whole thing was recently scrapped by MS or something... good riddance.

#5 danielleonyett

danielleonyett

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:31 PM

The link was included in the guide only because some versions of Windows 10 seemed to need a few of the files from it to run Fallout 3. GFWL itself hasn’t been needed in a veyr long time (if it was even ever actually needed).

ok, i was misunderstanding the intent of that instruction in the guide, then.

so, the way i understand it now is that ONLY windows 10 users should download the GFWL files because they might have problems otherwise. since I use Windows 7, then GFWL is not necessary for me, right? and therefore, the mod GFWL Disabler would also be unnecessary?

edit: eh, nevermind. GamerPoet's video says "even Windows 10 users" (should get the GFWL files).

thanks, folks!

Edited by danielleonyett, 09 August 2018 - 09:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users