Master File Errors SSEEdit

adrianoz

Question

Hello,

I was unable to find any information from a "respected" source online, or on these forums.

Are the core master files of Skyrim supposed to have tons of errors when using "check for errors" in SSEdit?

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Here's an example, I won't post all of them.

Just curious if everyone has these errors, and if it's safe to just ignore them. I did manage to find some info that USLEEP fixes most (all?) issues that need resolving, not sure if that's accurate.

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [04] Dragonborn.esm
[00:00] MGRSummonDremoraCOPY0000 "Summon Unbound Dremora" [SPEL:0010E38C]
[00:00]     SPEL -> Record marked as deleted but contains: Editor ID, Object Bounds, Name, Menu Display Object, Equipment Type, Description, Data, Effects
[00:02] DLC2ApocryphaWeatherNew [WTHR:04034CFB]
[00:02]     WTHR \ Sounds \ SNAM - Sound \ Sound -> [020FB625] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:20] [INFO:000CEFBE] (in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:000CEFBA])
[00:20]     INFO -> Record marked as deleted but contains: Response flags, Previous INFO
[00:21] [INFO:0402A70A] ('Well you know it as well as I do. Raven Rock Mine wasn't empty at all... it's still rich in ebony ore.' in GRUP Topic Children of DLC2DDRCresciusTLImperialBranchTopic01 "Ridiculous? Why?" [DIAL:04024768])
[00:21]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA -  \ Parameter #2 -> <Warning: Quest Stage not found in "DLC2RR03 "The Final Descent" [QUST:04018B15]">
[00:21] [INFO:0402477F] ('Solsthiem is still rich in ebony ore. I know there's more down there... I can smell it.' in GRUP Topic Children of DLC2DDRCresciusTLImperialBranchTopic01 "Ridiculous? Why?" [DIAL:04024768])
[00:21]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA -  \ Parameter #2 -> <Warning: Quest Stage not found in "DLC2RR03 "The Final Descent" [QUST:04018B15]">
[00:25] BloodDecalPlaceExplosion [EXPL:000F3A8C]
[00:25]     EXPL -> Record marked as deleted but contains: Editor ID, Object Bounds, Model, Data
[00:26] All Done!
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [01] Update.esm
[00:00] SwordFernCluster03snow [STAT:0006CD7C]
[00:00]     STAT -> Record marked as deleted but contains: Editor ID, Object Bounds, Model, Direction Material
[00:04] [INFO:000DA25A] ('No doubt requesting to garrison his men in my castle. How many times must I deny him?' in GRUP Topic Children of CW03BalgruufTopic "I have an important message for you." [DIAL:000DA228])
[00:04]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA -  \ Parameter #2 -> <Warning: Quest Stage not found in "CW03 "Message to Whiterun" [QUST:000D661C]">
[00:04] [INFO:000E40AD] ('Did he now? The man is persistent, I'll give him that.' in GRUP Topic Children of CW03BalgruufTopic "I have an important message for you." [DIAL:000DA228])
[00:04]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA -  \ Parameter #2 -> <Warning: Quest Stage not found in "CW03 "Message to Whiterun" [QUST:000D661C]">
[00:06] All Done!

5 answers to this question

As a quick guess, these would be why we clean the original master files (excepting Skyrim.ESM itself). One of the steps is to un-delete and remove references, which is what looks like would need to happen here. So, in short, yes - if you haven't cleaned them, I would expect to see errors.

Hi, I have cleaned the master files, and LOOT reports no dirty entries, and trying to remove ITMs and UDRs in xEdit does nothing. Also, skyrim.esm can't be edited so can't really do anything about that one.

EDIT: Also checked my vanilla skyrim master files, and they report the exact same errors in both LE and SSE.

Edited by adrianoz

I can't be sure, but I did some digging in xEdit and the USLEEP changelog and it appears these errors should be in everyone's esps and have been adressed in USLEEP. Sometimes USLEEP doesn't show up in xEdit as a mod editing the same record, so I can't be sure the errors are resolved in those records, could be that they're harmless or adressed somehow in another record.

All-in-all, it appears that this is what the files should look like, and won't cause issues, but it would be nice if someone with experience could address this, if nothing else because no one anywhere else has written about it.

Error in xEdit is not the same as error in the game. xEdit reports data incosistencies which should not happen under normal conditions. Some need to be fixed, some don't as the game silently ignores them.

Edited by zilav

Got a response from Arthmoor (USEEP guy) he said these are supposed to exist, some were grandfathered in from Oldrim > SSE port.

If your game doesn't have them then something is probably wrong.

Found on USEEP comment page.

Anyways leaving this here incase someone else wonders the same thing in the future, as I was googling around I found all kinds of bad advice and bad info about it from people saying it was bad modding, bad mods, fix the errors etc.