Moving Skyrim

sutex

Question

I have Skyrim and Mod Organizer modded with STEP on another PC . ( ages ago not the latest Step version)

Can I move 'everything' to my current PC build ?.  Just checking to make sure there's not something special I have to do first

Thanks

8 answers to this question

I usually run the game launcher to create the appropriate registry and ini settings first to ensure everything is setup and ready to go.

If you are using Mod Organizer 1.x or Mod Organizer 2.x in portable mode, copy the entire Mod Organizer folder to your new PC. If you are running Mod Organizer 2.x in instance mode, you'll need to copy the Mod Organizer folder and %AppData%\Local\ModOrganizer folder. After this is finished, edit ModOrganizer.ini and ensure all the paths are correct. This include gamePath in the General section, and binary, arguments and workingDirectory settings in the customExecutables section.

I also suggest running LOOT once on its own so it downloads the current master list.

So finally got around to looking at this issue of moving my OLD Skyrim to my New PC .. and wondering If I installed the Skyrim Special edition, would moving across the Mod Organizer 'stuff' work on that version. I expect NO , but cant hurt to ask.

Above famous last words.. Nearly a year later started doing the move  now ..

Ok, downloaded the latest ModOrganizer. 10/8/19 (GitHud) to install on my New PC , but on my Old PC there's no %AppData%\Local\ModOrganizer folder, only a program folder with all my mod stuff would be older version of MO.

Also when moving the Sykrim backup across I moved SKSE  as well, and vaguely remember that has to point to 'something' ( link was missing from the Old PC)

So I going to install the new ModOrganizer and then copy across all the data from the old one..

Scream if this is wrong, as well as any other helpful hints ,, thanks again.

Edited by sutex

Update: moved everything across. Yet getting the same error as this player was ( His image NOT mine) http://i.imgur.com/wB87Dj5.png

"SKSE Error - failed to spawn "skse_loader.exe" failed to start process. (The Director name is invalid) 267"

The SKSE shortcut   ... steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe

And the shortcut create by MO for SKSE  ... Modding\MO2\ModOrganizer.exe "moshortcut://Skyrim:SKSE"

using the MO SKSE shortcut produces the error above

Edited by sutex