Real Ice (by Yuril)

stoppingby4now

As I said above, I fixed the note and created a new BCF with wizard script. the BCF includes the fomod just for kicks so that any user can still run either installer.

New note:

STEP recommends "Dull and Ice" even without using ENB (this is a literal parallax effect without an ENB requirement). The BCF includes a wizard and Fomod to simplify installation --> BCF Available

There is definitely something here that I am not understanding. Was my installation process above correct? Or am I missing something? I clicked on real ice in Wrye Bash, went to conversions, apply conversion and then ran the wizard for the created file in wrye bash, which does NOT have half dull -- half ice. 
Just run the wizard and choose "Parallax On", then select "Half Icecube-Half Dull". Updated the note again to reflect the reality of the wizard. ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said above, I fixed the note and created a new BCF with wizard script. the BCF includes the fomod just for kicks so that any user can still run either installer.

New note:

STEP recommends "Dull and Ice" even without using ENB (this is a literal parallax effect without an ENB requirement). The BCF includes a wizard and Fomod to simplify installation --> BCF Available

There is definitely something here that I am not understanding. Was my installation process above correct? Or am I missing something? I clicked on real ice in Wrye Bash, went to conversions, apply conversion and then ran the wizard for the created file in wrye bash, which does NOT have half dull -- half ice. 
Just run the wizard and choose "Parallax On", then select "Half Icecube-Half Dull". Updated the note again to reflect the reality of the wizard. ;)
Ok I'll try it again when I get home and send you a PM if it still doesn't work. Thanks!

New note:

Ok I FINALLY got this wizard to work. I was able to select parallax and then half icecube--half dull. Is that 1k or 2k resolution? It doesn't say. 

Half Icecube-Half Dull is 1024x1024

... I stand corrected :P
Can you make a 2k version available through the wizard too?
Doesn't exist.
Aw man. Oh well. I'll just keep these as 1k textures. Honestly I can't even tell the difference between the two with the Ice Texture. I do like the look of half dull half ice the best. The other ones are either an unrealistic shade of blue or just look too flashy. 

• 1 month later...

Is there a recommended option for use with ENB? Half IceCube-Half Dull kind of gets bright and distorted with ENB. I can post a screenshot later with ENB on and off in order to show the effect.

Yeah, that is probably because this option uses a different kind of parallax that likely causes strange rendering with ENB parallax. The details may be posted earlier in this thread.

Is there a recommended option for use with ENB? Half IceCube-Half Dull kind of gets bright and distorted with ENB. I can post a screenshot later with ENB on and off in order to show the effect.

Yeah, that is probably because this option uses a different kind of parallax that likely causes strange rendering with ENB parallax. The details may be posted earlier in this thread.
Is it only the Half Icecube - Half Dull option that adds the different parallax? 

Hehe I edited these textures last night because I got tried of how blue my ENB made them look... still debating if I like what I have made or not.

They really are quite annoying to work with! Also there seems to be a slight inconsistensy in the LOD for icebergs and glaciers.

This is how I made glaciers look atm. Can produce some icebergs later when I can be bothered to return to it.

Posted Image