Real Ice (by Yuril)

stoppingby4now

Sorry for not correcting this ages ago ...

I am attempting to upload a corrected version, but dir security settings are wrong and preventing me from doing so. s4n set up SElinux, so I am waiting for him to confirm that I can chmod that dir on the server.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried the one currently on the wiki and it doesn't include the fomod or wizard in the output file when it runs. For the one you just posted the BCF.dat is dated 1/16/2013 and is 7259 bytes. I have another one that I got on 9/5/2013 that works properly. The data of the BCF.dat inside this one is 9/5/13 and the size is 7950 bytes. Both include the wizard and the Fomod in the BCF.

There were two Real Ice BCFs posted on 9/5; the later one that doesn't work and a slightly earlier one that does work. The older one from 9/5/2013 works fine. It is still on the wiki in the file history if you want it (as I mentioned above).

• 1 year later...

Not sure if something has changed in the last 12 months (possibly the change to MO), or if I've just missed something, but is there a need for the BCF at all anymore?

When I download and install the mod, it automatically opens up the installer and provides me with the options listed.

Real%20Ice%20installer_zpsufryolj6.png

I get the feeling this page just hasn't been updated in a while, as it also links to a forum post that no longer exists.

It sounds like you are not using the BCF correctly. Put the BCF into Bash Installers/Bain Converters, run WB, right-click the RI Nexus mod and select Converters > Apply. Then you right-click the resulting new package and run the wizard.

And this ^^^ sounds like something that needed to be done before MO.

Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm a newcomer to STEP, and once I get a proper handle on all this, I'll be able to help clean up the artifacts left behind from old versions of STEP.

The BCFs are for WB users. MO users have no use for them and can ignore them. I'm advocating to remove them from the Guide and mod pages entirely since STEP no long supports WB besides for its Bash Patching functions.

Thanks for clarifying.

Is there a place to discuss/get permission for the removal of things like this?

Trying to apply the BCF with Wrye Bash 305 I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\basher.pyo", line 10767, in Execute
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 7210, in apply
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 7483, in unpack
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, Path found

The BCFs are for WB users. MO users have no use for them and can ignore them. I'm advocating to remove them from the Guide and mod pages entirely since STEP no long supports WB besides for its Bash Patching functions.

Please don't. I fail to see what would be gained from alienating WB users like that.

Trying to apply the BCF with Wrye Bash 305 I get the following error:

Please don't. I fail to see what would be gained from alienating WB users like that.

The reason would be this very post. The BCFs are no longer being maintained and are out of date. This BCFs is most likely one of them and will no longer work. None of the Staff is using WB anymore to be able to maintain them and the only one that I know might be interested in keeping them up and updated is Z.

Most BCFs are not even need because most mods are easy to convert. This is because mods that have FOMOD installers are usually broken up so all it takes is moving some folders and some renaming.

Skyrim works pretty well with MO and I dont see any reason to use WB as a mod manager anymore.

I am also one that would recommend removing them because no one is maintaining them anymore

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nexus page seems to have been deleted entirely.  SR:LE uses this.  I happened to download it before Yuril seems to have gone nuclear and removed all their mods from the Nexus for some reason.

File name should be "Real Ice ALL-IN-ONE Installer by morpheas768-5388-V3.7z"

MD5 should be ea3ca3a7d91517a3ad82b03d2fb59b56