83Willows 101BugsHD Butterfly Dragonfly Luna-Moth Torchbug (by 83Willow)

stoppingby4now

Fair enough, but I was thinking that the increased spawns could cause more trouble when all those spawn points were actually loading a bunch of different textures rather than simply spawning with no loaded textures. 

I agree that whatever the problem is, it is probably a fairly isolated issue, which I guess is why it would seem strange to me if something were actually wrong with the meshes themselves, rather than a problem with the way the game is loading/using those resources.  I don't know anything at all about mesh issues, though, so I'll trust your judgement on that.  I don't have any other suggestions.

Yeah.  Mind, the shadows thing is crazy regardless, but the best I can say without getting some stock hardware to test on would be putting in a suggestion regarding disabling the meshes if the mod runs into problems on the Wiki and move on.  At least assuming nothing that's not quite that performance-crazy shows up as a substitute.  This will probably be the last time I post on the topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I'll chime in and say that I've been having CTDs along that run of road pretty much forever. Every so often, I'll get a build where I don't, but they are getting few and far between. I'll do a few tests w/o 101 installed and see if it's gets any more stable. Of course, if the new bug mods replace this, and the crash is somehow tied in to this, easy fix. :)

EDIT: Still get CTD on the Whiterun road by Honningbrew, even without this. No numbers on VRAM or anything, but with a 980 card and ENBoost and the memory fix, I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be VRAM related. I can, of course be wrong...

Edited by Shadriss

• 3 weeks later...
The test is a variant on the standard "stability test" wherein, instead of running at high speeds throughout Skyrim, limiting oneself to the Markath/Solitude river paths (I'm sure it has a name, but I never picked it up.)  This is chosen due to a high number of insect spawns in the area.

Related, I resorted to this same test and was getting CTDs along the same patrol route. To be specific, my command combo was:

player.setav speedmult 1500

tcl

I discovered the following errors in my Papyrus logs repeated dozens of times:

[spoiler=Papyrus errors][10/02/2015 - 01:21:09PM] Error: (FF000E17): has no 3d, and so cannot have its motion type changed.

stack:

[ (FF000E17)].critterMoth.SetMotionType() - "" Line ?

[ (FF000E17)].critterMoth.OnStart() - "CritterMoth.psc" Line 76

[ (FF000E17)].critterMoth.OnUpdate() - "Critter.psc" Line 345

[10/02/2015 - 01:21:09PM] Error: (FF000FA1): has no 3d, and so cannot have its motion type changed.

stack:

[ (FF000FA1)].critterdragonfly.SetMotionType() - "" Line ?

[ (FF000FA1)].critterdragonfly.OnStart() - "CritterDragonFly.psc" Line 55

[ (FF000FA1)].critterdragonfly.OnUpdate() - "Critter.psc" Line 345

After noticing those, I decided to disable the mod during my testing. The CTDs continued. Sorry that I can't provide more helpful information.

• 1 year later...

There are various STEP options for this mod:

1. Keep 101BugsHD and disable the .esp file - to disable the script and new critters/bugs, and just use the improved textures.
2. Keep 101BugsHD and also install the additional mod to fix the script error.
3. Replace 101BugsHD with alternative butterfly and dragonfly texture mods.
Lepidoptera Of Skyrim by Impulseman45

High-Res Dartwing (Dragonfly) Texture by WankingSkeever

They are both currently in STEP 'testing', and are both recommended by, and compatible with, CACO.

4. Remove 101BugsHD completely, since it has a script error and is currently unmaintained.

• 1 month later...